Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 AM

104 posts, read 125,585 times

Advertisements

Of course He does. Let me give a few examples from my own experience. I mention these things intending to encourage and uplift my Christian brothes and sisters and not to brag.

Last year in March, after paying what I thought were all my monthly bills I came across one that I had forgotten about. Things were tight then and nearly all my friends were out of work as well. The bill I found under a stack of paper wasn't much, $46;64 for a local phone bill. That wasn't much but I only had half that much cash in my pocket at the time. Since the bill was due in less than five days I prayed that the Lord would help me. The same afternoon I checked out the suggestion box and found $46.70 in it. I had told no one about the need. So I thank the Lord and immediately paid the bill.

Last week I came across a very lovely piece of music that I thought we might be able to use in a yet coming event I have been planning. It was the 'Flower Duet' in 'Lakme' by Leo Delibe;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...2Fcooliris.swf

I thought, 'hmm, a few changes here and there and we could use that music for the coming event'. So I began to pray, "Lord, can we use this music for this matter? I ask for your guidance." Well, again, I had told no one what I was doing. I never mentioned it to another soul. But within the hour a woman came into my office and laid a piece of paper on my desk. I opened it up and read it and I was stunned. It had only one word: "Lakme". I asked her, "What is this?" and she replied, "I don't know what it is. I felt led to write it down and give it to you but I have no idea what it's about." Flabbergasted, I let her sit down at my computer and listen to the music piece I provided above and explained to her my idea. She was blessed by it just as I was.

Thirdly, the God of the Bible is often charged by atheists and skeptics, who deny the existence of God, that if He did exist he is therefore negligent in helping the poor, forsaking the hungry, etc. He isn't. He never was. More than once in the last few years I have prayed for hungry or sick people in Africa and help came to them within 24 hrs of the request. This is very common among praying Christians. God is never inactive in helping poor or starving people it is just that atheists and skeptics cannot see what the invisible God does and they do not read missionary newsletters that inform the Christian world as to what He is doing for those who are in such unfortunate situations.

http://www.mwc.org.au/userfiles/image/Distribution%20of%20food.JPG (broken link)

The truth is that He lovingly helps so many people but there are so many that don't want His help. What is He to do with those that won't receive His help? What if they call upon another 'god' for help and not Him?

May the God of heaven be praised for all His marvelous works and may the Lord Jesus Christ be praised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 10:59 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,435,462 times
Oh that men would praise YHWH for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of Adam! -Psalm 107:8, 15,21,31.

He that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that seek Him.
Hbr 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him] [but: Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God].: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Jam 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
But:
Psa 10:4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek [after God]: God [is] not in all his thoughts.
Quote:
Mal 3:16-18 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard [it], and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
The wicked will not repent; not even in the tribulation, when the angel smites the sun and men are scorched with great heat [and YHWH in His mercy cuts off the hours of the days so that all flesh does not die, so as to fulfill His vow which He made after the flood, to "never cut off all flesh on earth again"]; the wicked men will not repent, though they bring the calamities on themselves for the hardness of their hearts, against His Holy name:

Rev 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
and even when they continue to be smitten with the plagues of the tribulation, they go on in the hardness of their hearts and blaspheme His holy Name:
Rev 16:10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain

But when Enoch saw the places where the wicked were to be gathered in the last days judgment, who "utter with their lips against the Lord unseemly words and of His glory speak hard things"; then Enoch made sure to praise and laud the Great Glory, "gloriously" with the tongue of flesh which the Lord of Glory gave men "to praise Him with"*:
Quote:

1Enoch 27:
2Then Uriel, one of the holy angels who was with me, answered and said: "This accursed valley is for those who are accursed for ever: here shall all the accursed be gathered together who utter with their lips against the Lord unseemly words and of His glory speak hard things. Here shall they be gathered together, and here shall be their place of judgement. 3In the last days there shall be upon them the spectacle of righteous judgement in the presence of the righteous for ever: here shall the merciful bless the Lord of glory, the Eternal King. 4In the days of judgement over the former, they shall bless Him for the mercy in accordance with which He has assigned them their lot." 5Then I blessed the Lord of Glory and set forth His glory and lauded Him gloriously.

and Enoch 84
Quote:

... And I lifted up my hands in righteousness and blessed the Holy and Great One, and spake with the breath of my mouth, and with the tongue of flesh, which God has made for the children of the flesh of men, that they should speak therewith, and He gave them breath and a tongue and a mouth that they should speak therewith:

2"Blessed be Thou, O Lord, King,
Great and mighty in Thy greatness,

Lord of the whole creation of the heaven,
King of kings and God of the whole world.
And Thy power and kingship and greatness abide for ever and ever,
And throughout all generations Thy dominion;
And all the heavens are Thy throne for ever,
And the whole earth Thy footstool for ever and ever.
3For Thou hast made and Thou rulest all things,
And nothing is too hard for Thee,
Wisdom departs not from the place of Thy throne,
Nor turns away from Thy presence.
And Thou knowest and seest and hearest everything,
And there is nothing hidden from Thee for Thou seest everything....
If we did not praise and laud Him, then the stones would, for He can even make raise up seed to Abraham [the father of faith], from the stones [at the river Jordan]
Luk 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to [our] father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.!

Luk 19:38-40 Saying, Blessed [be] the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,802,255 times
Does God still answer prayer like He did in the Bible?

The bible is fiction, why in the world would you think it tells you the truth??? Because it says so???? YEAH, RIGHT!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:25 PM

268 posts, read 456,415 times
God paid your Verizon bill through a suggestion box? Were there any other suggestions? Maybe this suggestion box has magical powers, like a genie in a bottle or something. You should try bringing it to terminally ill children in a hospital and see what happens.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:33 PM

494 posts, read 888,038 times
People who pray are merely talking to themselves.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:48 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,795,579 times
I'm glad to hear that you Lord paid your phone bill Martyrs5. Now tonight, pray to your Lord to eradicate cancer by 12pm tomorrow. Let's see what happens.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:51 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,015,174 times
My son gave me some advice the other day, he said, "Pray to god. And hope he's not listening."

Old 05-03-2010, 12:59 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,435,462 times
Blasphemy in ignorance is not held against one when they repent. Even Paul said he blasphemed, but in ignorance. But blasphemy with understanding of who Jesus Christ is, is the unpardonable sin.
If a soul has had the revelation of Jesus Christ, then that soul is accountable for that revealed knowledge, so I assume that all those on this thread speaking hard words against His name are ignorant and have never had the revelation of Jesus Christ, who is to come and who is the judge of the world.
Since those who blaspheme Him here are doing so in ignorance, then, and not by revelation of Jesus Christ by His Spirit, then they are just showing their complete and utter foolish ignorance and are just blowing off at the mouth in that foolishness.

But know this:
1 Enoch, chapter 1

1 The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. 2And he took up his parable and said- Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come. 3Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them:
The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,
4And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, even on Mount Sinai,
And appear from His camp
And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.
5And all shall be smitten with fear,
And the Watchers shall quake,
And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.
6And the high mountains shall be shaken,
And the high hills shall be made low,
And shall melt like wax before the flame.
7And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,
And all that is upon the earth shall perish,
And there shall be a judgement upon all men.
8But with the righteous He will make peace,
And will protect the elect,
And mercy shall be upon them.
And they shall all belong to God,
And they shall be prospered,
And they shall all be blessed.
And He will help them all,
And light shall appear unto them,
And He will make peace with them.
9And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly:

And to convict all flesh
Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed,
And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:07 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,015,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
If a soul has had the revelation of Jesus Christ, then that soul is accountable for that revealed knowledge, so I assume that all those on this thread speaking hard words against His name are ignorant and have never had the revelation of Jesus Christ, who is to come and who is the judge of the world.
Not a good assumption.

At least some of us have rejected that "revelation" as false in full awareness of the threat of an eternal cosmic spanking.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:32 PM

268 posts, read 456,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Since those who blaspheme Him here are doing so in ignorance, then, and not by revelation of Jesus Christ by His Spirit, then they are just showing their complete and utter foolish ignorance and are just blowing off at the mouth in that foolishness.
That's cute that you think that. Actually, the ignorant fools are those who believe their Verizon bills and party soundtracks require the attention of "God". How narcissistic. If you think prayer works, you should really pray about something that brings healing and peace to the world. Your savior Jesus would be appalled at you for blowing off at the mouth about such self serving nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality