U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:03 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,514,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Well...then, as I have no proof of your existence, any opinions from something claiming to be "you", have no weight.
That goes both ways, of course. And judging from some of the threads you've started, your existence is highly questionable. (I do recognize facts when presented to me. You don't seem to do this--you just insist that you're the repository of all this knowledge, everyone else isn't, and why are they poking fun at you).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 79 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Why does the flat earth part bother you, when the geostatic, geostationary part does not?

The first is not a whole lot worse than the latter.

That said, sorry. Both the Bible and the book of Enoch are flat-earth books.
Enoch 1.2 seems his perception is in Heaven not on Earth.

Logical thought... From your outside we may look like a human being to the eyes, but from the inside looking through a microscope, we look like a bunch of round shape cells layered on round shape cells. Have you considered his position of perception?

Old 06-16-2019, 01:02 PM

11,225 posts, read 11,251,267 times
Most of the people in this thread are long since gone since everything comes from 2010. So reading this is more for interesting reading than discussing it with any of the original participants. Just wanted y'all to know.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:55 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,332,182 times
You are dealing with someone that thinks that the sun is a giant mirror that reflects god's brightness thrill. Frightening!

Old 06-22-2019, 12:21 AM

10,508 posts, read 2,683,290 times
What I find strange about all this talk about Enoch being just too bizarre and crazy to be possibly true...christians have NO problems believing God himself sent his son to be born thru a human women, into our human world...ultimately to be crucified and die for our sins, they have NO problems believing Jesus walked on water, fed 5000 people from just some scraps of fish and bread, brought a person back from death, and so on and so on....but then they think some of the details in Enoch are 'too bizarre or crazy' to be true...really?!!!!

Somehow, I doubt God (the creator of the ENTIRE universe and everything in it), would have any difficulty in a world where humans and dinosaurs co existed, fallen angels mating with human females to create giants, or any other strange thing in Enoch...they are all tame in comparison to the larger bible story!

Old 06-29-2019, 11:52 PM

1,193 posts, read 353,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Enoch is the book for the last days, and as Jesus was born in the "last days" [as God computes weeks of thousand year days], then Enoch is for these last days, and esp. for the time of the tribulation, for those who are left on earth, after the Believing saints are taken out of the midst of the world.

Enoch was in circulation when Jesus Christ came, and His womb brother, Jude, called Enoch "the prophet, the seventh from Adam", and quoted his prophecy directly. James, another womb brother of Jesus Christ also uses Enoch's writings for his epistle.

Barnabas, a disciple of Christ and a fellow "called apostle to the Gentiles" together with Saul/Paul, directly calls Enoch Scripture, and quotes from his writings several times, in his epistle.

The Ethiopian Church always has had Enoch in their "canon/list" of "collected writings/Bible", from where copies were got in the late 18th century and translated to English in the early 19th century. Enoch has been translated to English for these nearly two hundred years [but in old English], and Enoch was also in the collection of writings/Bible of the Qumran Community of "sons of Zadok" [the heirs to the royal priesthood in Israel], and many copies of 1 Enoch were found in fragments in the Dead Sea Scroll manuscripts; but so far, the section on the Son of Man in heaven is missing from those fragments, and that may possibly be a deliberate hiding of what is found because of bias of those who handle the DSS. The section on the Son of Man parables can be proven to be part of 1 Enoch by other references to what is in that in the rest of 1 Enoch, though.

On this thread, I will show that Jesus called Enoch Scripture and "the wisdom of God", and that He preaches the Gospel of the Son of Man from what is written about Him in "1 Enoch, the prophet, the seventh from Adam".
It took me over a year to get an answer on what the Nephilim are. I posted here on CityData, but all I got back for the most part were quotes directly taken from the Bible. I can look that up for myself, I told people, plus I already know about the verse in the Bible. Paraphrase for me and tell me what it means, I asked. No responses, which pretty much shows the mindset of many CD ers. They can quote, but they can't extrapolate and paraphrase.
Finally found a Jewish scholar on a different social media, and he explained it to my satisfaction. That took one year.
I support your platform 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or