U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:50 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,461,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyrs5 View Post
But Jesus DIDN'T accept the book of 'Enoch' as scripture nor can you quote him in any of the four gospels saying so.

Let it go. That is not the subject here, friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude
I love Enoch.

While the Bible is clearly a flat earth book, Enoch is the book that lays out the flat earth cosmology of the bible in the most detail.

Enoch is the book for the last days, and as Jesus was born in the "last days" [as God computes weeks of thousand year days], then Enoch is for these last days, and esp. for the time of the tribulation, for those who are left on earth, after the Believing saints are taken out of the midst of the world.

Enoch was in circulation when Jesus Christ came, and His womb brother, Jude, called Enoch "the prophet, the seventh from Adam", and quoted his prophecy directly. James, another womb brother of Jesus Christ also uses Enoch's writings for his epistle.

Barnabas, a disciple of Christ and a fellow "called apostle to the Gentiles" together with Saul/Paul, directly calls Enoch Scripture, and quotes from his writings several times, in his epistle.

The Ethiopian Church always has had Enoch in their "canon/list" of "collected writings/Bible", from where copies were got in the late 18th century and translated to English in the early 19th century. Enoch has been translated to English for these nearly two hundred years [but in old English], and Enoch was also in the collection of writings/Bible of the Qumran Community of "sons of Zadok" [the heirs to the royal priesthood in Israel], and many copies of 1 Enoch were found in fragments in the Dead Sea Scroll manuscripts; but so far, the section on the Son of Man in heaven is missing from those fragments, and that may possibly be a deliberate hiding of what is found because of bias of those who handle the DSS. The section on the Son of Man parables can be proven to be part of 1 Enoch by other references to what is in that in the rest of 1 Enoch, though.

On this thread, I will show that Jesus called Enoch Scripture and "the wisdom of God", and that He preaches the Gospel of the Son of Man from what is written about Him in "1 Enoch, the prophet, the seventh from Adam".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyrs5
But Jesus DIDN'T accept the book of 'Enoch' as scripture nor can you quote him in any of the four gospels saying so.
Jesus preaches from the Book of Enoch:

Jhn 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Quote:
26And there was great joy amongst them,
And they blessed and glorified and extolled
Because the name of that Son of Man had been revealed unto them. 27And he sat on the throne of his glory,
And the sum of judgement was given unto the Son of Man,
And he caused the sinners to pass away and be destroyed from off the face of the earth,
And those who have led the world astray.
28With chains shall they be bound,
And in their assemblage-place of destruction shall they be imprisoned,
And all their works vanish from the face of the earth.
29And from henceforth there shall be nothing corruptible;
For that Son of Man has appeared,
And has seated himself on the throne of his glory,

And all evil shall pass away before his face,
And the word of that Son of Man shall go forth
And be strong before the Lord of Spirits.
This is the third Parable of Enoch.

1 Enoch 45 And this is the second Parable concerning those who deny the name of the dwelling of the holy ones and the Lord of Spirits.
2And into the heaven they shall not ascend,
And on the earth they shall not come:
Such shall be the lot of the sinners
Who have denied the name of the Lord of Spirits,
Who are thus preserved for the day of suffering and tribulation.
3On that day Mine Elect One shall sit on the throne of glory
And shall try their works,

And their places of rest shall be innumerable.

Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Quote:
1 Enoch 104
I swear unto you, that in heaven the angels remember you for good before the glory of the Great One: and your names are written before the glory of the Great One. 2Be hopeful; for aforetime ye were put to shame through ill and affliction; but now ye shall shine as the lights of heaven, ye shall shine and ye shall be seen, and the portals of heaven shall be opened to you.
Quote:
Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, , ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
1 Enoch 108
11"And now I will summon the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved.
12And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name, and I will seat each on the throne of his honour.
13And they shall be resplendent for times without number; for righteousness is the judgement of God; for to the faithful He will give faithfulness in the habitation of upright paths.

1 Enoch 25

And he said unto me: "Enoch, why dost thou ask me regarding the fragrance of the tree, and why dost thou wish to learn the truth?"
2Then I answered him saying: "I wish to know about everything, but especially about this tree."
3And he answered saying: "This high mountain which thou hast seen, whose summit is like the throne of God, is His throne, where the Holy Great One, the Lord of Glory, the Eternal King, will sit, when He shall come down to visit the earth with goodness. 4And as for this fragrant tree no mortal is permitted to touch it till the great judgement, when He shall take vengeance on all and bring everything to its consummation for ever. 5It shall then be given to the righteous and holy. Its fruit shall be for food to the elect: it shall be transplanted to the holy place, to the temple of the Lord, the Eternal King.
6"Then shall they rejoice with joy and be glad,
And into the holy place shall they enter;
And its fragrance shall be in their bones,
And they shall live a long life on earth,
Such as thy fathers lived:
And in their days shall no sorrow or plague
Or torment or calamity touch them."
7Then blessed I the God of Glory, the Eternal King, who hath prepared such things for the righteous, and hath created them and promised to give to them.

Jesus calls Enoch Scripture:
In the book of Enoch, Enoch was told to tell the fallen Watchers this:
Quote:
chapter 15
And He answered and said to me, and I heard His voice: "Fear not, Enoch, thou righteous man and scribe of righteousness: approach hither and hear my voice. 2And go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent thee to intercede for them: 'You should intercede for men, and not men for you: 3Wherefore have ye left the high, holy, and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken to yourselves wives, and done like the children of earth, and begotten giants as your sons? 4And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten children with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die and perish. 5Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. 6But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. 7And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.

and in Enoch 104:...
ye shall shine as the lights of heaven, ye shall shine and ye shall be seen, and the portals of heaven shall be opened to you...
6And now fear not, ye righteous, when ye see the sinners growing strong and prospering in their ways: be not companions with them, but keep afar from their violence; for ye shall become companions of the hosts of heaven.

108:
2And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name, and I will seat each on the throne of his honour. 13And they shall be resplendent for times without number; for righteousness is the judgement of God; for to the faithful He will give faithfulness in the habitation of upright paths.
Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, [Enoch's writings] neither the power of God [Moses writing]?
Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are
like/even as the angels which are in heaven.

Enoch teaches the resurrection and translation of the elect/righteous/redeemed, and that they will be companions of and as, the host of heaven, who do not marry nor give in marriage.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Not a good assumption.

At least some of us have rejected that "revelation" as false in full awareness of the threat of an eternal cosmic spanking.
H-dude,

The revelation is the internal [in your inner man] knowledge of Jesus as the Christ, given by the Holy Spirit. No man can give you that knowledge. God the Holy Spirit, only, reveals Christ to a man. To deny that Christ is come in flesh, after one knows that He is, by revelation of the Spirit of God, is an unpardonable sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, who revealed that knowledge to one.
If you had known that, by His Spirit, then you would no longer even beat against Him, "kicking against the goads", for you would be dead to any desire of argument, having had your name blotted out of the Book of Life, without remedy, as Enoch first reveals, and as Jesus agrees with, when quoting Enoch and applying it to Judas: "it would have been better if that man had never been born".

Mar 14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
Quote:
Enoch 38

The first Parable.
When the congregation of the righteous shall appear,
And sinners shall be judged for their sins,
And shall be driven from the face of the earth:
2And when the Righteous One shall appear before the eyes of the righteous,
Whose elect works hang upon the Lord of Spirits,
And light shall appear to the righteous and the elect who dwell on the earth,
Where then will be the dwelling of the sinners,
And where the resting-place of those who have denied the Lord of Spirits?
It had been good for them if they had not been born.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 AM

20,894 posts, read 13,645,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The revelation is the internal [in your inner man] knowledge of Jesus as the Christ, given by the Holy Spirit. No man can give you that knowledge. God the Holy Spirit, only, reveals Christ to a man. To deny that Christ is come in flesh, after one knows that He is, by revelation of the Spirit of God, is an unpardonable sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, who revealed that knowledge to one.
I'm sorry. But it has been more than 30 years since I was able to take such an idea seriously.

If God plays favorites by sending the Holy Spirit to some and not others, then He is unjust and I reject the idea of an unjust God.

If the Holy Spirit is only able to convince some and not others of His truth, then He is incompetent and I reject the idea of an incompetent God.

But I still love the Book of Enoch. Unlike the Bible itself which makes only occasional and tangential references to cosmology, Enoch actually spends a significant amount of time laying out in detail the Biblical cosmology. My dear personal friend, the late Bob Schadewald explored the issue thusly:

Quote:
The Book of Enoch

The cosmology previously described is derived from the Bible itself, following the 19th century flat-earthers. Some of the evidence is more ambiguous than we would like. Ambiguities in ancient documents can often be elucidated by consulting contemporary documents. The most important ancient document describing Hebrew cosmology is 1 Enoch (sometimes called the Ethiopic Book of Enoch), one of those long, disjointed, scissors and paste jobs beloved by ancient scribes. For a dozen or so centuries, European scholars knew 1 Enoch only from numerous passages preserved in the patristic literature. In 1773, the Scottish adventurer James Bruce found complete copies in Ethiopia.

Numerous manuscripts of 1 Enoch have since been found in Ethiopian monasteries. Turn of the century scholars concluded that parts of the book are pre-Maccabean, and most (perhaps all) of it was composed by 100 B.C. [Charles, 1913]. These conclusions were largely vindicated when numerous fragments of 1 Enoch were found among the so-called Dead Sea Scrolls at Qumran. There have been two major English translations of 1 Enoch, the 1913 translation of R. H. Charles and the 1983 translation by E. Isaac. All of the quotations that follow come from the newer translation.

The importance of 1 Enoch is poorly appreciated outside the scholarly community. Comparison of its text with New Testament books reveals that many Enochian doctrines were taken over by early Christians. E. Isaac writes:
Quote:
There is little doubt that 1 Enoch was influential in molding New Testament doctrines concerning the nature of the Messiah, the Son of Man, the messianic kingdom, demonology, the future, resurrection, final judgment, the whole eschatological theater, and symbolism. No wonder, therefore, that the book was highly regarded by many of the apostolic and Church Fathers [1986, 10].

First Enoch influenced Matthew, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, and several other New Testament books. The punishment of the fallen angels described in 2 Peter seems to come directly from 1 Enoch, as does much of the imagery (or even wording) in Revelation. The Epistle of Jude contains the most dramatic evidence of its influence when it castigates “enemies of religion” as follows:
It was to them that Enoch, the seventh in descent from Adam, directed his prophecy when he said: “I saw the Lord come with his myriads of angels, to bring all men to judgment and to convict all the godless of all the godless deeds they had committed, and of all the defiant words which godless sinners had spoken against him (Jude 14- 15).”
The inner quote, 1 Enoch 1:9, is found in the original Hebrew on a recently-published Qumran fragment [Shanks, 1987, 18]. By attributing prophecy to Enoch, Jude confers inspired status upon the book.

First Enoch is important for another reason. Unlike the canonical books of the Bible, which (in my view) were never meant to teach science, sections of 1 Enoch were intended to describe the natural world. The narrator sometimes sounds like a 2nd century B.C. Carl Sagan explaining the heavens and earth to the admiring masses. The Enochian cosmology is precisely the flat-earth cosmology previously derived from the canonical books.

The Ends of the Earth

The angel Uriel guided Enoch in most of his travels. They made several trips to the ends of the earth, where the dome of heaven came down to the surface. For instance, Enoch says:
I went to the extreme ends of the earth and saw there huge beasts, each different from the other and different birds (also) differing from one another in appearance, beauty, and voice. And to the east of those beasts, I saw the ultimate ends of the earth which rests on the heaven. And the gates of heaven were open, and I saw how the stars of heaven come out...(1 Enoch 33:1-2).
(The sharp-eyed reader will note what I suspect is an editing error in the Isaac translation. The earth resting on the heaven makes no sense. R. H. Charles has “whereon the heaven rests.”)

Again, Enoch says, “I went in the direction of the north, to the extreme ends of the earth, and there at the extreme end of the whole world I saw a great and glorious seat. There (also) I saw three open gates of heaven; when it blows cold, hail, frost, snow, dew, and rain, through each one of the (gates) the winds proceed in the northwesterly direction (1 Enoch 34:1-2).” This accords well with Jeremiah 51:16 which says, “he brings up the mist from the ends of the earth, he opens rifts for the rain and brings the wind out of his storehouses.” In subsequent chapters, Enoch journeys “to the extreme ends of the earth” in the west, south, and east. In each place he saw three more “open gates of heaven.”

There were other things to be seen at the ends of the earth. Earlier, we deferred discussion of the King James version of Job 26:7, “He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.” On several occasions when Enoch and the angel are out beyond the dome of heaven, Enoch comments that there is nothing above or below. For instance, “And I came to an empty place. And I saw (there) neither a heaven above nor an earth below, but a chaotic and terrible place (1 Enoch 21:1-2).” Could this be the kind of nothingness referred to in Job?

An angel also showed Enoch the storerooms of the winds (18:1) and the cornerstone of the earth (18:2).

The Sun and Moon

And what of the sun and moon? Psalm 19:4-6 (quoted earlier) suggest that the sun holes up at the ends of the earth until it is time to rise. Enoch expands upon this idea. In 1 Enoch 41:5, he “saw the storerooms of the sun and the moon, from what place they go out and to which place they return...” Further, “they keep faith one with another: in accordance with an oath they set and they rise.”

Enoch discusses the solar and lunar motions at length, explaining why the apparent azimuths of their rising and setting varies with the season. The explanation, found in the section called “The Book of the Heavenly Luminaries,” begins thus:
This is the first commandment of the luminaries: The sun is a luminary whose egress is an opening of heaven, which is (located) in the direction of the east, and whose ingress is (another) opening of heaven, (located) in the west. I saw six openings through which the sun rises and six openings through which it sets. The moon also rises and sets through the same openings, and they are guided by the stars; together with those whom they lead, they are six in the east and six in the west heaven. All of them (are arranged) one after another in a constant order. There are many windows (both) to the right and the left of these openings. First there goes out the great light whose name is the sun; its roundness is like the roundness of the sky; and it is totally filled with light and heat. The chariot in which it ascends is (driven by) the blowing wind. The sun sets in the sky (in the west) and returns by the northeast in order to go to the east; it is guided so that it shall reach the eastern gate and shine in the face of the sky (1 Enoch 72:2-5).
The openings in the vault of heaven in the east and west are matched to the seasons. On the longest day of the year, the sun rises and sets through the northernmost pair. On the shortest day, it rises and sets through the southernmost pair. The return routes of the sun and moon are outside the dome. Perhaps they rest in their “storerooms” during their time off.

The Stars

Like the Bible, 1 Enoch typically depicts stars as living, anthropomorphic beings. The Sons of the Gods are also dealt with in 1 Enoch, and they are associated with stars. This is consistent with Job 38:7, which says that when the earth's cornerstone was laid “the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted aloud.”

As mentioned earlier, Matthew 24:29 and Revelation 6:13 deal with stars that fall to earth. The image comes from Enoch, but Matthew and John omit some details. In 1 Enoch 88:1, a star that fell from the sky is seized, bound hand and foot, and thrown into an abyss. A few verses later, other stars “whose sexual organs were like the organs of horses” are likewise bound hand and foot and cast “into the pits of the earth (1 Enoch 88:3).”

Most stars just go through their motions night after night. Some stars never set, and Enoch was shown their chariots (1 Enoch 75:8). Stars that do rise and set do so through openings in dome, just like the sun and moon. God, according to 1 Enoch, runs a tight universe, and stars that do not rise on time are thrown into the celestial slammer. Showing Enoch a hellish scene, the angel Uriel explains:
This place is the (ultimate) end of heaven and earth: it is the prison house for the stars and the powers of heaven. And the stars which roll over upon the fire, they are the ones which have transgressed the commandments of God from the beginning of their rising because they did not arrive punctually (1 Enoch 18:14-15).
Enoch was not told the sentence for tardy rising, but Uriel later shows him other stars “which have transgressed the commandments of the Lord,” for which they were doing ten million years of hard time (1 Enoch 21:6). Enoch also was shown an even more terrible place, a fiery prison house where fallen angels were detained forever (1 Enoch 21:10).

1 Enoch deserves study for its cosmology, but there is much more of interest. It profoundly influenced Christian eschatology, and it is necessary reading for anyone trying to understand Hebrew religious thought at the dawn of the Christian era.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:48 AM

H-dude,
Your commentator is in error, using corrupted passages to teach his own doctrines.

The stars that never set are seen only from a globe, at the poles, not from a flat earth, and the word "tebel" in Hebrew means "globe", having two root etymons, the "BL", which means "to swell" and from which "ball" is derived.
Quote:
75:8 And I saw chariots in the heaven, running in the world, above those portals in which revolve the stars that never set [from a global view at the poles]. 9And one is larger than all the rest, and it is that that makes its course through the entire world.
Enoch teaches a geocentric, geostatic earth, firmly founded upon the "pillars/winds/forces"[electromagnetic forces] which is orbited by the sun, moon, and stars, who never cease revolving in their "orbit", returning from their starting place from the beginning, on their course ordained for them.

Quote:
3And there mine eyes saw the secrets of the lightning and of the thunder, and the secrets of the winds, how they are divided to blow over the earth, and the secrets of the clouds and dew, and there I saw from whence they proceed in that place and from whence they saturate the dusty earth. 4And there I saw closed chambers out of which the winds are divided, the chamber of the hail and winds, the chamber of the mist, and of the clouds, and the cloud thereof hovers over the earth from the beginning of the world.
5And I saw the chambers of the sun and moon, whence they proceed and whither they come again, and their glorious return, and how one is superior to the other, and their stately orbit, and how they do not leave their orbit, and they add nothing to their orbit and they take nothing from it, and they keep faith with each other, in accordance with the oath by which they are bound together. 6And first the sun goes forth and traverses his path according to the commandment of the Lord of Spirits, and mighty is His name for ever and ever. 7And after that I saw the hidden and the visible path of the moon, and she accomplishes the course of her path in that place by day and by night—the one holding a position opposite to the other before the Lord of Spirits.And they give thanks and praise and rest not;
For unto them is their thanksgiving rest.
Quote:
18 I saw the treasuries of all the winds: I saw how He had furnished with them the whole creation and the firm foundations of the earth. 2And I saw the cornerstone of the earth: I saw the four winds which bear the earth and the firmament of the heaven. 3And I saw how the winds stretch out the vaults of heaven, and have their station between heaven and earth: these are the pillars of the heaven. 4I saw the winds of heaven which turn and bring the circumference of the sun and all the stars to their setting. 5I saw the winds on the earth carrying the clouds: I saw the paths of the angels.
And the stars that transgressed are in Chaos, and not for a million years.
Quote:
10And beyond these mountains Is a region the end of the great earth: there the heavens were completed. 11And I saw a deep abyss, with columns of heavenly fire, and among them I saw columns of fire fall, which were beyond measure alike towards the height and towards the depth. 12And beyond that abyss I saw a place which had no firmament of the heaven above, and no firmly founded earth beneath it: there was no water upon it, and no birds, but it was a waste and horrible place. 13I saw there seven stars like great burning mountains, and to me, when I inquired regarding them, The angel said: 14"This place is the end of heaven and earth: this has become a prison for the stars and the host of heaven. 15And the stars which roll over the fire are they which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord in the beginning of their rising, because they did not come forth at their appointed times. 16And He was wroth with them, and bound them till the time when their guilt should be consummated even for ten thousand years."
And since, in the Creation account which Moses writes of, the earth was formed as a globe of vast water, no land mass, before there was light, then there were no stars of "morning" before there was "light" brought into being, on day 1.
Quote:
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning/boqer were the first day.
In the Bible and in Enoch, angels are messengers/spirits/forces who are the governors of God's creation. So all forces brought into being with the light created on day 1 are "morning/boqer stars", and they had their beginning right here on the globe of this present creation; for before there was light, there were no "sons of the morning/boqer ".
Before there was a heaven, there were no stars set in the heaven, and the heavens were not stretched out from the beginning point of the "firmly founded earth" until day 2 of creation week, according to the biblical account.
According to the biblical account, the sun and moon were not created and not set in the stretched out heaven until day 4 of creation week.

Enoch in no way contradicts the OT or NT, and even sheds light on obscure passages, for it is the foundation revelation given for Enoch to write of, to deliver to his sons -to all the people/nations/tribes- descended from him [and we all are, through Noah]; and what ENoch wrote by revelation is taken, already, as truth from the beginning, in the OT and NT, on all doctrines concerning the creation and its purpose and all that comes in it; from the beginning to the end of it.

Now as to the Light which is Christ, you have never had the revelation that the "Light that lights every man that comes into the world is Christ", and since you have not sought that Light that has lit you for all your life, since coming into your being, then you were never given the Revelation that the Light which has lit you is Christ, and so not seeking, you have not been led to know Him who is come in flesh, and who was always come into flesh, and so, not having more light to reject by His giving you more light, when you did not seek the Light that has always lit you since coming into your being, then you will not be judged for rejecting more light, but only for rejecting the Light you were born with, which has always drawn you to seek Him whom coming to enlightens you with the Light of Eternal Life in Christ.

So no, you have not known Him as Christ, but only as the Light you rejected and so you have never got more Light, and are not guilty of the unpardonable sin, because you blaspheme His name in ignorance.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Enoch teaches a geocentric, geostatic earth, firmly founded upon the "pillars/winds/forces"[electromagnetic forces] which is orbited by the sun, moon, and stars, who never cease revolving in their "orbit", returning from their starting place from the beginning, on their course ordained for them.
The flat-earth cosmology is absolutely a geocentric, geostatic model. No doubt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme
Now as to the Light which is Christ, you have never had the revelation that the "Light that lights every man that comes into the world is Christ", and since you have not sought that Light that has lit you for all your life, since coming into your being, then you were never given the Revelation that the Light which has lit you is Christ, and so not seeking, you have not been led to know Him who is come in flesh, and who was always come into flesh, and so, not having more light to reject by His giving you more light, when you did not seek the Light that has always lit you since coming into your being, then you will not be judged for rejecting more light, but only for rejecting the Light you were born with, which has always drawn you to seek Him whom coming to enlightens you with the Light of Eternal Life in Christ.
Wow. One sentence, more than 160 words, and just to blame me personally for God's incompetence.

I did not mean to upset you.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 PM

40,053 posts, read 30,514,706 times
Quote:
That's because you didn't know about YSM and Enoch. She holds onto that book so tightly, you'd swear they were an item.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
The flat-earth cosmology is absolutely a geocentric, geostatic model. No doubt about it.

Wow. One sentence, more than 160 words, and just to blame me personally for God's incompetence.

You did not uipset me, and the Bible was written without any punctuation at all. Punctuation is a late invention.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The Bible does not teach a flat earth, nor does Enoch.

The Hebrew word "Tebel", translated as "world" into English, means "globe".
Men scattered over the globe after the fall of the tower of Babel and the confounding of the language. From that time of the fall, God also began to separate/divide the one land mass, so as to further divide the race of Adam, He also began the shortening of the span of years the Adam race is allowed to live, from that time.

Ancient maps prove that the entire globe was mapped after Babel, and ancient records, including the Bible, prove that the world traded their goods between continents until the last dark age caused by the fall of the Roman Empire brought sea trade to a virtual stop between the western continents and the European and eastern continents.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
The Bible does not teach a flat earth, nor does Enoch.
Why does the flat earth part bother you, when the geostatic, geostationary part does not?

The first is not a whole lot worse than the latter.

That said, sorry. Both the Bible and the book of Enoch are flat-earth books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or