Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 AM

49 posts, read 64,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
We arent talking about everyone being gay. We're talking about the small percentage that are.
God is not ok with a small or a big percentage being gay period.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:53 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgoodChristian View Post
Apparently god is not ok with a lot of things. Obesity is one of them, but go into any church on Sunday. There's a lot more obese people than gay people I would think.

But, you know, if god is not ok with something, isn't that something that should be left up to god and not man?

Old 05-15-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Apparently god is not ok with a lot of things. Obesity is one of them, but go into any church on Sunday. There's a lot more obese people than gay people I would think.
Both lazyness ans lust are bad. There are many people who also claim to be christian but their true colors shall be shown at the pearly gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
But, you know, if god is not ok with something, isn't that something that should be left up to god and not man?
We arent babies who need to be watched 24/7. We all know that it's not ok to be a homosexual and people who dwell in that sick sin will burn in hell.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:17 PM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:

We all know that it's not ok to be a homosexual and people who dwell in that sick sin will burn in hell.
I get a kick out of the ones who feel they have the authority to speak for god, casting judgements (is judging really christian like?). They cherry pick their own idealogy out of scripture to suit their own needs. Clearly these ones have an axe to grind which is truely a reflection of their own self hatred. But they would never admit to it or take responsibility, they would rather point the finger and blame it on the shrimp one had for dinner or some other form of delusionary paronoia. Scapegoating is so cowardous.

you better warn your fellow neighbor to revise their hor dourves selection at dinner....

God Hates Shrimp

Old 05-15-2010, 06:21 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Are you quoting God directly or just making an assumption based on your particular church doctrine?

Old 05-16-2010, 03:27 AM

I use the bible to know what's right and wrong. Those who pretend to be Christians and say it's ok to be homosexual arent getting their teachings from the bible and thus arent really Christians.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:36 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
And you know this because you're God, or you read it in some book written by fallible men. You should really discern for yourself, in your soul, what is right or wrong. Ask this question everytime you hear or read something "Is this following the Law of Love"? In that way, you will know if it's right or wrong. Do gays harm others? No. Do gays murder and rape? No. Do they love? Yes. How can Love be wrong? If it is then I'd suggest you find another God or book to worship cause the God I worship loves ALL without condition. He would never say "If you are gay, I will not love you". Only humans who do not live the law of love put conditions on things and labels. Does another being gay affect your own life? Nope. If you don't like it, then don't be in a situation where they are. Easy isn't it?

I'd suggest you ask God and not your preacher or a book the next time you want to know what God is ok with.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 AM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
I use the bible to know what's right and wrong. Those who pretend to be Christians and say it's ok to be homosexual arent getting their teachings from the bible and thus arent really Christians.
Leviticus 11:10
'But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you

- sounds like it was written by somebody who didn't like shellfish, but the word of god? The one true word that determines what is right and what is wrong?

Leviticus 20:9
For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.

- Really? Sure, this sounds rational.

I love how you seem to think that you are the authority on who is really christian. Why don't you practice what you preach?

Matthew 7:1
Judge NOT, that you be not judged

-It makes your christianity to be a big falacy, thus compelling you to judge what is christian and what is not, discredting your view on what is right and what is wrong. You seem so insecure that you have to glorify your alias with "Agoodchristian" with a self defeating obligation to determine who is worthy of god's love and who is not, when you are really just an imperfect human being with clouded judgement. What beef do you really have with homosexuality? Clearly a reflection of some inner conflict that you have. Check yourself!

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 05-16-2010 at 11:14 AM..

Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
Quote:
Both lazyness ans lust are bad. There are many people who also claim to be christian but their true colors shall be shown at the pearly gates

We arent babies who need to be watched 24/7. We all know that it's not ok to be a homosexual and people who dwell in that sick sin will burn in hell.
do you know i think a sick sin is-telling people complete lies about God saying that He is more like a demon,who shows no commpassion,tolerance ,patience,understanding,care and love to His children and who is going to watch them suffer horifically in hell for eternity,,,,,,now that is sick.

are you sure you aint goin to be the one refused at these pearly gates,mmmm maybe its time for a re-think in what defines truth

Old 05-16-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
do you know i think a sick sin is-telling people complete lies about God
Yes its blasphemy against the holy spirit to say that God is anything other than righteous and loving or to say heaven is a place filled with sinners(example: homosexuals, rapists, idolaters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
are you sure you aint goin to be the one refused at these pearly gates,mmmm maybe its time for a re-think in what defines truth
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.” John 3:16-18

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

My faith in Jesus is strong so I shall look forward to heaven but if you dont believe or are a different religion then you wont get in sorry but thats the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality