Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 07:33 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,699,417 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I'm here and have received a few pm's from concerned posters. Trainwreck is here to help me out and is trying to keep you all on track with the OP.

It's easy to get off topic, I've done it many times myself. Please refresh your memory by reading the OP again and let's move forward...no personal attacks either. K?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 08:48 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,107,928 times
The best any of us can do is to teach them in a loving way and explain the consequences, should they have to face them. We cannot be with them 24/7 so we have to equip them with the knowledge they need and hope and pray they use it wisely.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:58 AM

646 posts, read 1,608,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
The best any of us can do is to teach them in a loving way and explain the consequences, should they have to face them. We cannot be with them 24/7 so we have to equip them with the knowledge they need and hope and pray they use it wisely.
I agree entirely. Except for the praying bit.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:03 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,286,973 times
The Bible is full of sex education. Abstinence is not a concept that is original with man of any religion or culture. The Bible says a man and a woman should be married before they have sex. If u r a Christian the Bible is the governing authority u should live by. Our personal opinions do not matter nor, have any merit unless they are based on the authority of the Word. In Genesis Adam knew or had sexual relations with his wife, not his girl friend. From the very beginning God sanctioned marriage as the criteria for sex between a man and a woman and HE has not changed HIS mind. Exodus 20:14 God commanded the children of Israel not to commit adultry. 1Corinthians 6:18 Paul states "Flee fornication" (Pre-marital sex). " Every sin a man does is without the body, but he that commits fornication sins against his own body." What are the consequences of sin? Romans 6:23 "for the wages of sin is death; but the gift or God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." God is still against premarital sex because it is not good for mankind. The Word says "No good thing will God keep from us." Now based on the Bible children should be taught abstinence and the sex education they should get should come from the Word of God. We cannot simply teach good morals without the authority of Jesus Christ. We are doing that now and it is not working. We have sex education in schools teaching our children how to engage in sexual relations before marriage. Yet, teen pregnancy, abortions, rape, the spread of STDs HIV/Aids and drug use is way up. There is no responsible way to sin...the consequences are deadly. U may not agree with me on this matter. However, respectfully I say your disagreement is not with me personally, but with God and the Authority of HIS Word.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 PM

646 posts, read 1,608,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Yet, teen pregnancy, abortions, rape, the spread of STDs HIV/Aids and drug use is way up.
U.S. TEENAGE PREGNANCY RATE DROPS FOR 10TH STRAIGHT YEAR

Abortions are dropping too.

Gonnorhea & syphilis are declining:

New Data Show Rates of US HIV/AIDS Diagnoses Are Steady; Racial Disparities Persist (http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r041201b.htm - broken link)

Rapes are dropping too
:
http://www.rainn.org/images/statistics/rape_rates.gif (broken link)

Ok, this data is a bit old, but the most recent I could find:

2002 Monitoring The Future Survey Shows Decrease in Use of Marijuana, Club Drugs, Cigarettes and Tobacco

So Sunqueen, what do you think of these facts?

Old 06-15-2007, 07:00 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,107,928 times
According to these figures, things are looking better. Let's hope that kids continue to be conscientous and think about these things before they act. Good news stretch!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality