Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:55 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borikua View Post
Every single word in the Holy Scriptures is Infinite Truth.

Who cares what all you PAGANS think?

The MOST HIGH sees you as the dust on a scale and less than nothing. You don't matter!

Only His Chosen People matter!

All the nations of the Earth will serve the 12 Tribes of Israel as we will inherit all the nations for that purpose.

This is why you don't believe in "God". Because "how can he do such things"?

You're the object of His wrath. You have provoked Him to anger and indignation.

Amen.
Um...right. See, this is the kind of comment that just turns me completely off to any notion of religion. Some people try to reconcile actual facts to the mythology in the bible and say, for instance, that a "day" was some number of years and therefore the "7 days" it took to "create" the Earth was really many years. I can at least respect them for trying to take a book of stories and reconciling it to actual events and scientifically proven facts.

To folks like yourself, it's OK if you want to believe in this stuff, and you have the right to do so. I'll fight for your right to do so, but PLEASE....don't insult the intelligence of those of us who take a more reasoned and critical eye. Don't tell us ridiculous things like you do in your comments and insult us just because we don't blindly follow your superstition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 06:05 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Why not? I'm sure that you are more than happy to contend that the 4 billion people in the world who don't believe in your god are "blind and delusional". What makes you think that 4 billion are deluded but 2 billion can't be?
The 4 billion of people in which half the majority is China.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:41 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,714,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The 4 billion of people in which half the majority is China.
Funny how people who love to claim they're right because they are the majority change their tune when they realize that the majority is actually against them. I guess asking for a bit of consistency is too much to ask.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
. In order to believe in the doctrine it is necessary to either ignore things like the impossibility of virgin births, people coming back from the dead, etc...

The Science of Virgin Birth | Discoblog | Discover Magazine

Parthenogenesis in Komodo dragons : Abstract : Nature

Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Funny how people who love to claim they're right because they are the majority change their tune when they realize that the majority is actually against them. I guess asking for a bit of consistency is too much to ask.
He didn't change his tune. Read the thread.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:12 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
I didn't change my tune! But you know what? My fault. I didn't challenge his statement accordingly. I should have done my research instead of popping off and instantly saying China based on the little of what I know about their religious views. Well I did do my research and I found out even then the 4 billion isn't atheist. When he said the 4 billion people in the world don't believe in my God, he was referring to Christianity. 4 billion people in the world aren't Christian but they are also aren't irreligious either. They are accounted for other beliefs such as Confuscism, Buddhism, Bahai, etc. I found out apparently only 2.5% of the world population is Atheist. I'm not bragging or making fun of ya'll but you have big mouths and egos for such a small minority.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:50 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,714,865 times
Quote:
I didn't change my tune! But you know what? My fault. I didn't challenge his statement accordingly. I should have done my research instead of popping off and instantly saying China based on the little of what I know about their religious views. Well I did do my research and I found out even then the 4 billion isn't atheist. When he said the 4 billion people in the world don't believe in my God, he was referring to Christianity. 4 billion people in the world aren't Christian but they are also aren't irreligious either. They are accounted for other beliefs such as Confuscism, Buddhism, Bahai, etc. I found out apparently only 2.5% of the world population is Atheist.
Yep, as I said the rules change depending on what you'd like to prove. Before it was 2 billion Christians can't be delusional. Now that you've seen that 4 billion people reject Jesus as god, suddenly it is well, they all sort of believe in supernatural stuff so I can be right again. Ignore the fact that some of the religions you've listed are atheistic, too, that won't help your case at all.

Look, those 4 billion reject the idea of Jesus as god and as you've said, x billion people can't be blind and delusional. Following your logic, you've just proved it is perfectly reasonable to reject the religious claims of Christians. Time to convert.

Quote:
I'm not bragging or making fun of ya'll but you have big mouths and egos for such a small minority.
What's the obsession with talking about minorities? First it was Chinese, now atheists. Which minority do you want to marginalize next?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,887,405 times

Something tells me that Mary being a hermaphrodite would not be a preferable explanation for most Christians

Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
I didn't change my tune! But you know what? My fault. I didn't challenge his statement accordingly. I should have done my research instead of popping off and instantly saying China based on the little of what I know about their religious views. Well I did do my research and I found out even then the 4 billion isn't atheist. When he said the 4 billion people in the world don't believe in my God, he was referring to Christianity. 4 billion people in the world aren't Christian but they are also aren't irreligious either. They are accounted for other beliefs such as Confuscism, Buddhism, Bahai, etc. I found out apparently only 2.5% of the world population is Atheist. I'm not bragging or making fun of ya'll but you have big mouths and egos for such a small minority.
Yeah! Away to go dude. You were claiming that 2 billion Christians can't be wrong, well 4 billion don't believe your Jesus was who the Bible says he is...so why should they be wrong?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yeah! Away to go dude. You were claiming that 2 billion Christians can't be wrong, well 4 billion don't believe your Jesus was who the Bible says he is...so why should they be wrong?
If yer gonna use numbers, bear in mind how many atheists there are in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality