U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 AM

433 posts, read 317,986 times
Default Why have faith in being "saved"?

Since no one was ever "saved", why keep faith on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,948,746 times
Saved from what is my question.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:06 PM

20,897 posts, read 6,229,693 times
Saved from the thing that the savior invented for you to be saved from.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:30 PM

608 posts, read 298,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Saved from the thing that the savior invented for you to be saved from.

To be concrete, from hell. Hahahaha!

Christianity is a drama about God and man.

It goes like this: God made man to be happy with God, and God to be happy with man. Why? Because God just loved to make something with consciousness and intelligence and free will. But God gave man a test, failing which test man would lose the friendship of God His creator. Man failed the test by disobeying God. So man lost the friendship of God. Now, God wanted to reconcile man with Himself, and He decided that the way to do it is by sending His Son in the form of a man, Jesus, to die for man as a redemption (a buying back) of man to God.

What is hell? No more happiness possible with God, that is the essence of hell, for people who refuse to reconcile with God in Jesus Christ.

What do I think of the whole drama?

I am a liberal independent Christian, and I think it is no big deal to play the drama, and I am doing quite well as a member of the cast -- of course I have to believe that it is due to God's goodness toward me that I am doing quite well in the drama.

Will I get saved? I am saved already because I believed in Jesus as Savior of mankind, now I just have to work out my salvation by obeying God's commandments, which to me is no great deal if I exercise my intelligence to always avoid situations of temptations against God's commandments.

Ryrge

Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 AM

7,884 posts, read 4,558,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrge View Post
It goes like this: God made man to be happy with God, and God to be happy with man.
A futile exercise...since he already knew that wouldn't happen.

Quote:
Why? Because God just loved to make something with consciousness and intelligence and free will. But God gave man a test, failing which test man would lose the friendship of God His creator.
A futile exercise...since he already knew that he would fail the test.

Quote:
Man failed the test by disobeying God. So man lost the friendship of God. Now, God wanted to reconcile man with Himself, and He decided that the way to do it is by sending His Son in the form of a man, Jesus, to die for man as a redemption (a buying back) of man to God.
He sent himself to sacrifice himself as a redemption for what he had planned to happen.

Quote:
Will I get saved? I am saved already because I believed in Jesus as Savior of mankind, now I just have to work out my salvation by obeying God's commandments,.................
So you are going to kill witches, homosexuals, disobedient children, all the doctors and nurses down at your local hospital, policemen, fire-fighters etc, because they work on the Sabbath...that sort of thing??

Old 05-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrge View Post
It goes like this: God made man to be happy with God, and God to be happy with man. Why? Because God just loved to make something with consciousness and intelligence and free will. But God gave man a test, failing which test man would lose the friendship of God His creator. Man failed the test by disobeying God. So man lost the friendship of God. Now, God wanted to reconcile man with Himself, and He decided that the way to do it is by sending His Son in the form of a man, Jesus, to die for man as a redemption (a buying back) of man to God.

What is hell? No more happiness possible with God, that is the essence of hell, for people who refuse to reconcile with God in Jesus Christ.
You make god sound like a little boy with an ant farm.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 AM

6,696 posts, read 2,673,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
Since no one was ever "saved", why keep faith on it?
Christians have faith in Christ to be saved from the curse of sin, that is, spiritual death. People are saved every day, all over the world.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Christians have faith in Christ to be saved from the curse of sin, that is, spiritual death. People are saved every day, all over the world.
One must wonder then why he cursed us with sin in the first place.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 AM

6,696 posts, read 2,673,336 times
Quote:
He didn't. It's a self-inflicted wound.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:47 AM

79 posts, read 165,382 times
Quote:
Like I said and someone else said, sounds like a child playing with his ant farm or playing a game and changing the rules cause he is losing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality