Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 07:10 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
So, lets get this straight! These scientist were able to create life, but not really because all they did was copy God's design. And they did not really create life, just a genome and stuffed it into an existing cell, created by God. And yet the scientists are getting credit for creating life???

I don't care if they can create from chemical components an entire human. They are still copying someone else's design. And just because they can do it in the lab is not supporting evolution. All it is supporting is that humans are finally figuring out what God did originally. And he did it in with all of creation in six days.

Good try rifleman, you are being faithful to your master!
Post of the day.

Well said. Like I said-- using car parts to build a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Well, enjoy it all, folks. An Historic Day indeed.
Not to be a word Nazi, but it should read "a historic day".

You can thank me later.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:19 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Post of the day.

Well said. Like I said-- using car parts to build a car.
People who don't really understand the process should withhold smarmy remarks about what they don't understand,or take the time to learn about it and then comment.Chances are then the comments would be more circumspect if they were seasoned with actual knowledge.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
People who don't really understand the process should withhold smarmy remarks about what they don't understand,or take the time to learn about it and then comment.Chances are then the comments would be more circumspect if they were seasoned with actual knowledge.
Your point? Smarley in the opinion of the atheist is pointed to the average Joe.

See the point of the OP. It falls flat.

Otherwise the breakthrough is cool.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,685 times
Quote:
Your point?

See the point of the OP. It falls flat.

Otherwise the breakthrough is cool.
If you can't get the point then I'm not going to waste time trying to explain sunlight to a blind man.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:29 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
perhaps people who do not properly understand evolution should stay over on the religion and philosphy forum which is a medium for discussing religion and philosphy instead of coming over here to the science forum and bugging the smart people!

Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Smile It sets you free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
So, lets get this straight! These scientist were able to create life, but not really because all they did was copy God's design.

Nope. Exactly where or when did your GOD inject his Holy Spark, which you guys insist is an absolute requirement? In fact, this proves that it's all just componentry, and will proceed along as you'll get to witness in the coming months and years. Similarly, when coupled with Lenski's proof, which you also deny, it starts to form up into a complete picture.

If I asked you, NIKK, if this were possible, let's say two years ago, you'd have laughed me off, and loudly.

And yet, all this, and the other things I listed on this thread today that have been reliably and irrefutably accomplished in just the past year?? Wow. Impossible, right? Apparently not, my friend.

Keep your head and heart open. There's even more coming; it's all too easy and rational. You heard it here first, and don't worry: I'll be sure to remind you for sure when it does, of exactly what you've said here today.

And they did not really create life, just a genome and stuffed it into an existing cell, created by God. And yet the scientists are getting credit for creating life???

Yup. That's all they did. Hee hee. (but of course, it was not "just" an existing complete cell, but rather only a handy empty cell bag, like a zip-Lockâ„¢ container, with no functioning DNA or chromosomes or anything else. It had to "boot up" as they said on the news tonight, and start all requisite cellular functions, including energy production, and the necessities of reproduction. etc etc. all synthesized.)

I don't care if they can create from chemical components an entire human.
(actually, yes you do, but you're just in shock...) They are still copying someone else's design. And just because they can do it in the lab is not supporting evolution. (Not the point of the OP, actually...) All it is supporting is that humans are finally figuring out what God did originally. And he did it in with all of creation in six days.

Nope. Your assumption that it's someone else's design is groundless as of now. Why? Because we can, and in fact have, shown these things can arise on their own, culminating in the working system produced in these studies. And Lenski's proof, which you must have nightmares about, proved that evolution occurs in a single cell, of which we are all composed.

God is and was completely unnecessary here.

And while His doing it all in six days may have been a wildly feasible concept to the goatherd community back when the knowledge of the entire world extended to that sandy desert ridge over yonder, now we know it's a tad bit bigger than that, and it's literally impossible for a single entity to have instantly created, physically formed, designed, booted up and lit off the entire infinite universe. Out of nothing, as you require of Him. Plus all the animals, and plants and... Sure; that's plausible.

As well, apparently He got real tired, because it's not even vaguely finished yet.... including all the obvious, documented and observable lively Evolution going on right now, all around us. Happy Transitionals Day, NIKK! (it's every day, actually...) You oughta know; we're all transitionals en-route to something!

Anyhow, sleep on it, NIKK, and ignore those Lenski nightmares. You'll surely come up with something better by tomorrow, But who cares? This is an Historic Day (caps on purpose!). Denialism can only protect you somuch.... such a sad thing to be a slave to!

Good try rifleman, you are being faithful to your master!
Yep. My master is The Truth. Thanks for noticing!

Old 05-20-2010, 07:45 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Quote:
Like I said-- using car parts to build a car.

Well, only if you do it like this:

First, loosely and randomly pile all the parts from all the world's car manufacturers into one big pile, then turn off the lights, and then give a builder only about 24 hours, but insist that they come up with an accurate, fully functioning unique Ferrari-Corvette cross.

And then, it actually does, but no-one helped. That's how likely this is to have happened by God's design.

Design, schmeesign.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
If you can't get the point then I'm not going to waste time trying to explain sunlight to a blind man.
And I won't try to explain the color blue to said blind man.

But maybe if I use a larger font you might get it.

But when all else fails attack the person in hopes that no one will notice his argument. I think that is called a ad hominem. Bad form IMO.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:52 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,571 times
Quote:
What are you the knowledge police?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality