Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:44 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
The religious views on any living things are: they are too complex and too meaningful, therefore they are not randomly made and are the intelligent designs from God.

This would include bacteria -- they are intelligently designed by God.
these have not been randomly made,carefull planning and design went into them,the fact is that they had to be created!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 03:06 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
dobeable wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235
The religious views on any living things are: they are too complex and too meaningful, therefore they are not randomly made and are the intelligent designs from God.

This would include bacteria -- they are intelligently designed by God.

these have not been randomly made,carefull planning and design went into them,the fact is that they had to be created!!!
So what are you saying, that because man has figured out how to create a new strain of bacteria that we've become like gods? Probably not, but what kind of a God would create microscopic life forms that are the deadliest threats to human existence that inhabit our planet? That would include viruses like AIDS and countless other microbes that kill millions of people every year. When I stop and think about it I can't contemplate why a loving God who supposedly created human beings would also create countless numbers of lethal microbes who would inflict pain, misery and death to even innocent young children. Maybe you could elaborate on why such a loving God would do such a thing.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:25 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
dobeable wrote:

So what are you saying, that because man has figured out how to create a new strain of bacteria that we've become like gods? Probably not, but what kind of a God would create microscopic life forms that are the deadliest threats to human existence that inhabit our planet? That would include viruses like AIDS and countless other microbes that kill millions of people every year. When I stop and think about it I can't contemplate why a loving God who supposedly created human beings would also create countless numbers of lethal microbes who would inflict pain, misery and death to even innocent young children. Maybe you could elaborate on why such a loving God would do such a thing.
and elaborate i shall,,,my beleifs are slighty different than most on this thread.........

this material manifestation and these bodys are temporary conditions,we are eternal spiritual beings,souls,souls that cant be destroyed,cut bye swords ,burnt bye fire,moistened bye water,the soul is transcendental. unchangable,eternal and in its original state full of bliss and knowledge.

you can cut my arm off, poison this body give it aids,the whole lot,but the soul who dwells in the body is imperishable...all pain and pleasure here is only temporary,and throughout the whole universe even on the highest planet Brahmaloka,their will always be material misery's-birth,old age disease and death,even the highest demigod's are conditioned to these misery's.

karma and reincarnation....basically our desires keep us trapped in the material plane of existence and because of our ignorance to our real position as eternal spiritual beings,we were pure once, before we entered this temporary plane that is bounded,some are moving up in consioussness some are moving down and all are effected bye their actions,

so although their is alot of suffering understand that it is only temporary and someday all will return to the spiritual sky(universe) since thats where we came from

Old 05-21-2010, 04:17 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
dobeable wrote:

what proof do you have that the HIV strain is not man made?
addenum:
"toto were not in Kansas anymore."

Last edited by gabfest; 05-21-2010 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: addenum

Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 PM

433 posts, read 587,170 times
Quote:
dobeable wrote:

Because the religious views conclude "designs" from "complexity and meaningfulness". Bacteria are "complex and meaningful" too by religious standards.

I know religious people want their God to take credit for "designing" humans, but the conclusion mentioned above also obligates them to recognize the "designs" of bacteria.

Religious people live a confusing/irrational world of constantly rounding lies -- it's up to them to reconcile everything.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:56 AM

494 posts, read 890,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
we'll Rifleman you said it was worthy of a new thread so here it is!!!!

so what possibility's from this new science could man use against humankind????

I'd actually be on for owning one of those mini tyrannosaurus's though and maybe a giant scorpion,yeah 100 ft tall scorpion,better make sure I'm not the one who gets their hands on this,or we could be going back to the godzilla era???
No, lack of proper education will be "the death of us all".

Old 05-22-2010, 03:08 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,244 times
right, Occam's , or ....education is the only way humans will survive!

Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
what proof do you have that the HIV strain is not man made?
Wrong question. Should be 'what evidence do you have that it was?'

Burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:52 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:
dobeable wrote:

Creation became distorted and cursed by man's sin. God created everything good. By man's sin all of creation became cursed.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:53 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

The larger question is perhaps: can we, as a family of like-minded organisms, dependent on this ever-shrinking planet, eventually learn to abandon hate, religious manipulation, greed-mongering, the suppression of knowledge through selective education, and over-population?

In my humble opinion, no. Can't be done. We are missing the Altruism gene. Hey; perhaps we can design that one and insert it into all post-2020 embryos, huh? Else, we''re doomed no matter how you look into our future. The evidence is that, as is, we're a really bad design; nothing for anyone to be so danged proud of!

Hmmm.. how odd. Even before I've hit the Submit Reply key here, there's a big black helicopter flying over my house.....

Some individuals have reached that advanced point in human development. I agree it is rare, but if a few can than why not many. Look at Gandhi. A man who crossed over religious issues and view humanity as one multi-diverse culture. If we could find what triggered such compassion and design the genetic code for that, we might get past this problem in our intellectual and social growth.

Black Helicopters? I will have to keep my eyes open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality