Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,260 times

Advertisements

As usual GldnRule refuses to present an argument.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:57 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
As usual GldnRule refuses to present an argument.
I presented an argument--Gods evolutionary process has more work to do on the girls to finish strengthening their backs and reinforcing their livers.

Actually it wasn't an argument...I never have a problem with anything rifleman puts out because:
1. He knows his stuff so good, I don't question it's accuracy...I'm sure it's the straight deal, with full merit.

2. The ONLY thing we disagree on is how it all got initially created and kicked off.
His knowledge of things from that point, is waaaay out of my league (and out of the league of most)...I know when I'm outmatched...I'm former military, I don't engage if I know loss is inevitable. And I have nothing to dispute of his scientific explanations anyway. Are you kidding me? His explanations are pure gold! He should teach an online course for MIT or something...he has the gift of being able to explain things so you can understand it perfectly. What's to argue? I'm thankful for the education I get from his stuff.

Well, gotta get to work. To be continued (from my Den of Iniquity)....

Old 06-01-2010, 05:25 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Could the creation AND evolution be accepted

Certainly, as long as you were also ready to agree that Icarus and Dedalus were in cahoots with the Wright Brothers to make the first airplane.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I presented an argument--Gods evolutionary process has more work to do on the girls to finish strengthening their backs and reinforcing their livers.

Actually it wasn't an argument...I never have a problem with anything rifleman puts out because:
1. He knows his stuff so good, I don't question it's accuracy...I'm sure it's the straight deal, with full merit.

2. The ONLY thing we disagree on is how it all got initially created and kicked off.
His knowledge of things from that point, is waaaay out of my league (and out of the league of most)...I know when I'm outmatched...I'm former military, I don't engage if I know loss is inevitable. And I have nothing to dispute of his scientific explanations anyway. Are you kidding me? His explanations are pure gold! He should teach an online course for MIT or something...he has the gift of being able to explain things so you can understand it perfectly. What's to argue? I'm thankful for the education I get from his stuff.

Well, gotta get to work. To be continued (from my Den of Iniquity)....
Your assertions, is not an argument.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
re: GldnRl's comment:

"We still see the left-over lemur abilities...when they are doing their pole dancing work."

Go lemurs! (Funny; I hadn't thought of them as sexy before, but now I want to tune in to the next NATURE documentary on lemurs. Oh oh... it may be too exciting.... Notice how they all stand up straight and look right at you?)

Lemurs on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaimewalsh/4600471059/ - broken link)

(Yah gotta luv that tail! Jealous, girls?)

Thx Gldn! I really needed a laugh, 'cause my lower back is really hurting this afternoon. Damned apes! Why didn't they just bake in the Evo-Oven for a bit longer?

Off to take an Oxy & a Vic.... yum!

Oh, and PS Gplex: great 'toon! NoKanRep tho'. I'm going over to jesusandmo.net to see what else is there!

Old 06-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
re: GldnRl's comment:

"We still see the left-over lemur abilities...when they are doing their pole dancing work."

Go lemurs! (Funny; I hadn't thought of them as sexy before, but now I want to tune in to the next NATURE documentary on lemurs. Oh oh... it may be too exciting.... Notice how they all stand up straight and look right at you?)

Lemurs on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaimewalsh/4600471059/ - broken link)

(Yah gotta luv that tail! Jealous, girls?)

Thx Gldn! I really needed a laugh, 'cause my lower back is really hurting this afternoon. Damned apes! Why didn't they just bake in the Evo-Oven for a bit longer?

Off to take an Oxy & a Vic.... yum!

Oh, and PS Gplex: great 'toon! NoKanRep tho'. I'm going over to jesusandmo.net to see what else is there!
I don't know about lemurs being sexy...but they sure are cute. Are they ever domesticated?

And don't worry rifle...another million generations and we will all have much tougher backs. And whatever does mess up, they will be able to fix, no problem.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:53 PM

397 posts, read 608,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Your argument breaks down to, we don't know everything, and because scientist like to speculate on things we don't know, that must mean we don't know anything.
Look I know with your "god dunit" argument, it makes you feel like you know EVERYTHING, but in reality, honest people will say "I don't know".

You keep claiming you want proof. Tell me. What would you accept as proof?

YouTube - David Attenborough on Bird Evolution

We we probably never know what kind of selection cause this to happen to these reptiles, but the fact remains, it DID.
heres my problem with evolution.... the video is a theory by itsekf to try and prove another theory, meaning you have a theory thats only supported by other theories. you may never find what your looking for but it amazes me that you say i believe in the unseen, ie Allah, and u too believe in the unseen, ie all the things that may never be found. my proof of god checks out though, no one has proven the quran wrong in 1500 years. people claim to but it always fails. not to mention it hasnt changed. your theory based on theories, has changed. so i know you dont believe in our lord, Allah, but why do you have so much faith in your belief of evolution if it hasnt been proven?

Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
heres my problem with evolution.... the video is a theory by itsekf to try and prove another theory, meaning you have a theory thats only supported by other theories. you may never find what your looking for but it amazes me that you say i believe in the unseen, ie Allah, and u too believe in the unseen, ie all the things that may never be found. my proof of god checks out though, no one has proven the quran wrong in 1500 years. people claim to but it always fails. not to mention it hasnt changed. your theory based on theories, has changed. so i know you dont believe in our lord, Allah, but why do you have so much faith in your belief of evolution if it hasnt been proven?
You keep whining it hasn't been proven, and I keep asking you WHAT WOULD YOU ACCEPT AS PROOF?

Answer the question!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:33 PM

Hey, rifle....or anyone else. I've got a question.

Is there ever a problem in the scientific community with "information sharing"?

It's human nature to want to get the props for your successful endevors...so it would follow that could be a problem in this type of "business".

Intel sharing has been a problem for the U.S. government and caused big problems, and lead to us being compromised.

It would seem that in a field that is running as fast as Evolution and it's related studies that ALL the labs would need to share info to keep things rolling smoothly.

Is there a central location for all this info?

Just wondering...Thanx in advance.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Just wondering...Thanx in advance.
Google search: Scientific journals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality