Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:12 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcs View Post
Since I am a Christian it is not my place to judge what may happen to another. If I am wrong and there is no after life then it makes no difference whatsoever.
Now that is a refreshing viewpoint from a christian, too bad that you seem to be a minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 06:16 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Quote:
This is what most Christians know. But as for me, I don't say it here or in real life. Because I know that when I am outside I am representing for fellow Christians. And I when I say that to a person or to a crowd that this will happen to them if they do this/that, then most of them will label Christians as critical and judgmental people. So I don't do it. But I don't have to. Most unbelievers know exactly what is going to happen to them, they just choose not to take action for it. Please tell me why most Atheist know more bible verses off the top of their head than I do! So I make no excuses for them. The only reason unbelievers don't believe is because they have a fear of hell. All of them. They fear hell so they decide to reject the notion of a God and Heaven/Hell because they know the consequences that the bible foretells about it. And they STILL choose to not believe. Well, that's their fish to fry. I got my own life and salvation to worry about.

And the Jews? Well the majority of Jewish religion don't believe in Jesus and not to forget the ancient Jews killed him so I don't know what their destiny is. Don't ask us. Ask God. But know they are not excused before anyone else just because of the holocaust. Millions of Blacks, Mexicans, and Native Americans went through slavery and genocide to even survive to this point. So in my personal view we are all one and the same. No one is excused before the Lord.
This is rather ironic since in the next post you do exactly what you say you don't do.

Quote:
I don't know why people are wasting their energy typing away. Unbelievers know exactly what is to become of them. They made their choice. Now we should be concerned about ourselves. I have no patience or empathy for people who continually insult and demean the name of the Lord in vicious attacks of arrogance, ignorance, and sarcasm. They are the ones the bible describes as hiding in caves when Jesus return because of their cowardice to face him. The bully on the playground always gets their just deserts and they will suffer the consequences of being that bully. That's all there is to it.

Well anywho, now I think I will go have some ice cream, hamburger & fries! Yum! God bless!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Hell is for satan and all his fallen angels, don`t let satan and all his fallen angels be your spiritual Lord , there is only two choices to make in this temporal life on the earth either you chose the truth of Lord Jesus Christ or you chose satan and his fallen angels as your Spiritual Lord , Just like and election we chose this party of Government or that party of Government, if we spoil our vote or don`t vote we get the whatever ,,,, Jesus says close Lord Jesus Christ and get life, or don`t chose and get what ever.....
This is a blatant lie. Satan isn't the spiritual lord of nonbelievers. For one, you would first have to believe in the existence of such an entity. Secondly, you would have to worship such an entity. Nonbelievers neither believe in Satan nor do they worship such a being.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:23 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
This is rather ironic since in the next post you do exactly what you say you don't do.
I said unbelievers know exactly what is to become of them. Because they in fact do. I didn't say they would end up in hell. I can't say that. Only God knows and judges them. But they know the consequences of their actions. The bible foretells it. And that's what I'm saying as well. It's not like it's some big secret. And your point is what again?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I said unbelievers know exactly what is to become of them. Because they in fact do. I didn't say they would end up in hell. I can't say that. Only God knows and judges them. But they know the consequences of their actions. The bible foretells it. And that's what I'm saying as well. It's not like it's some big secret. And your point is what again?
What do you think nonbelievers know what will become of them? Nonbelievers generally believe that there is no afterlife and at death one goes to nothingness. This isn't out of fear, it's because there's is no satisfactory evidence that supports the concept of an afterlife. Nonbelievers do know the consequences of their actions, although those consequences(like those of believers) happen in this world.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
I don't know why people are wasting their energy typing away. Unbelievers know exactly what is to become of them. They made their choice. Now we should be concerned about ourselves. I have no patience or empathy for people who continually insult and demean the name of the Lord in vicious attacks of arrogance, ignorance, and sarcasm. They are the ones the bible describes as hiding in caves when Jesus return because of their cowardice to face him. The bully on the playground always gets their just deserts and they will suffer the consequences of being that bully. That's all there is to it.

Well anywho, now I think I will go have some ice cream, hamburger & fries! Yum! God bless!
You know what I find is funny?

Christians like you claim that you know what happens when you die.

You don't know anything, anyone who tells you what happens to them spiritually when they die, is full of it. And the sad part is, everyone knows this.

We can speculate, we can say "I believe" or "I hope" this is the way, but you don't know.

And, if you're a Christian and you hope that everyone goes to hell, you aren't much like Christ.

Me, I hope that everyone goes to whatever place makes them happy. Regardless of who they are, what they've done, or what God they pray to. You see, I believe that everyone has a little good in them. This world is an evil place. Everyone of us has fallen short of ideals we set for ourselves. 70% of all women surveyed report a rape of some type in their life, and I'm sure that its not the same men doing it over and over. Everyone has lied at one time or another, for one reason or another.

We are far from perfect beings, maybe, just maybe, when we pass, all the evil is left behind, and only the good remains.

God I hope so.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
What do you think nonbelievers know what will become of them? Nonbelievers generally believe that there is no afterlife and at death one goes to nothingness. This isn't out of fear, it's because there's is no satisfactory evidence that supports the concept of an afterlife. Nonbelievers do know the consequences of their actions, although those consequences(like those of believers) happen in this world.
Whatever dude. It doesn't matter to me. Be happy. Live your life. However in the chance God doesn't exist, I'd be weary about the next time calling him names and everything else. I'd watch what I say so that I don't get judged for that. I'm just saying.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Whatever dude. It doesn't matter to me. Be happy. Live your life. However in the chance God doesn't exist, I'd be weary about the next time calling him names and everything else. I'd watch what I say so that I don't get judged for that. I'm just saying.
Oh, so you're one of the tried and true "Just in case" believers.

You know, you believe in God, just in case he's real.

Gotcha.

You know, when condemned men and women walked to their execution, many held their head up high, when they died knowing they were right in their mind.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You know what I find is funny?

Christians like you claim that you know what happens when you die.

You don't know anything, anyone who tells you what happens to them spiritually when they die, is full of it. And the sad part is, everyone knows this.

We can speculate, we can say "I believe" or "I hope" this is the way, but you don't know.

And, if you're a Christian and you hope that everyone goes to hell, you aren't much like Christ.

Me, I hope that everyone goes to whatever place makes them happy. Regardless of who they are, what they've done, or what God they pray to. You see, I believe that everyone has a little good in them. This world is an evil place. Everyone of us has fallen short of ideals we set for ourselves. 70% of all women surveyed report a rape of some type in their life, and I'm sure that its not the same men doing it over and over. Everyone has lied at one time or another, for one reason or another.

We are far from perfect beings, maybe, just maybe, when we pass, all the evil is left behind, and only the good remains.

God I hope so.
Moderator cut: deleted You know what I find funny? People who don't believe in something find precious time to dedicate their lives to discussing it. It's ridiculous is what it is. Listen and listen good Memphis. I don't try to be Christ-like because I am not Christ! I just tell the truth. I tell things like they are. That's me all day everyday. Live with it because I ain't changing. That's the problem with unbelievers. They get mad when we Christians just tell what the Bible says and then they try to write us off like we're wrong and critical and judgmental. HOW?!! Because we're just telling what the bible says?! Wow. I never said ANYONE ends up in hell because I'm not God and can't say that!! HOWEVER, you know EXACTLY where you are headed and what path you are on by saying the things you say day after day and week after week about Christ and how it's false and everything!! You know EXACTLY where you are headed!! Nobody has to tell you anything!! Read the bible!! It's all there! Moderator cut: deleted There is nothing more I need to say because I've said it a thousand freaking times! I'm so glad I don't live next to Atheist, you know I don't like you, you know I can't stand you, and I'm done!! I'm living my life and I love it! I love God! I love my family and friends and it's just great! You can live your empty soulless life and see where it takes you!!

Last edited by june 7th; 09-16-2011 at 09:46 AM..

Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: orphaned And it ain't me. You know what I find funny? People who don't believe in something find precious time to dedicate their lives to discussing it. It's ridiculous is what it is. Listen and listen good Memphis. I don't try to be Christ-like because I am not Christ! I just tell the truth. I tell things like they are. That's me all day everyday. Live with it because I ain't changing. That's the problem with unbelievers. They get mad when we Christians just tell what the Bible says and then they try to write us off like we're wrong and critical and judgmental. HOW?!! Because we're just telling what the bible says?! Wow. I never said ANYONE ends up in hell because I'm not God and can't say that! HOWEVER, you know EXACTLY where you are headed and what path you are on by saying the things you say day after day and week after week about Christ and how it's false and everything. You know EXACTLY where you are headed. Nobody has to tell you anything! Read the bible! It's all there! Moderator cut: orphaned There is nothing more I need to say because I've said it a thousand freaking times! I'm so glad I don't live next to Atheist, you know I don't like you, and I'm done. I'm living my life and I love it! I love God! I love my family and friends and it's just great! You can live your empty soulless life and see where it takes you!!
But you don't know its true, thats the point. You may believe its true, but you don't know.

I may believe that most people are good natured, and only want the best for their fellow man, but I can't conduct a world wide study to prove that one way or another, so I choose to believe it.

Yours is a belief. You don't know what happens when you die, unless you're dead and I'm talking to a ghost. And if thats true, whats the winning lottery tickets for Saturday?

Last edited by june 7th; 09-16-2011 at 09:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality