Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:11 PM

19 posts, read 39,110 times

Advertisements

What is the ultimate destiny of non-believers? Do Christians believe that they will be thrown into the Lake of Fire? If so I personally think that at least this kind of Christianty is totally discredited. What about Jewish people who don't believe? Will there be some Jews who were murdered by the Nazis in or destined for this Lake of Fire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 05:20 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
There is no ultimate destiny for us non believers,because there is nothing beyond death. Nice to see the fire of hell out there again. All loving god huh?. LOL If my grandmother who hid some Jews and watched her family killed is sentenced to hell because she was a non believer then that is not any God I would even want to worship.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:56 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_DARLING View Post
What is the ultimate destiny of non-believers? Do Christians believe that they will be thrown into the Lake of Fire? If so I personally think that at least this kind of Christianty is totally discredited. What about Jewish people who don't believe? Will there be some Jews who were murdered by the Nazis in or destined for this Lake of Fire?
This is what most Christians know. But as for me, I don't say it here or in real life. Because I know that when I am outside I am representing for fellow Christians. And I when I say that to a person or to a crowd that this will happen to them if they do this/that, then most of them will label Christians as critical and judgmental people. So I don't do it. But I don't have to. Most unbelievers know exactly what is going to happen to them, they just choose not to take action for it. Please tell me why most Atheist know more bible verses off the top of their head than I do! So I make no excuses for them. The only reason unbelievers don't believe is because they have a fear of hell. All of them. They fear hell so they decide to reject the notion of a God and Heaven/Hell because they know the consequences that the bible foretells about it. And they STILL choose to not believe. Well, that's their fish to fry. I got my own life and salvation to worry about.

And the Jews? Well the majority of Jewish religion don't believe in Jesus and not to forget the ancient Jews killed him so I don't know what their destiny is. Don't ask us. Ask God. But know they are not excused before anyone else just because of the holocaust. Millions of Blacks, Mexicans, and Native Americans went through slavery and genocide to even survive to this point. So in my personal view we are all one and the same. No one is excused before the Lord.

Last edited by allenk893; 05-27-2010 at 06:07 PM..

Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Quote:
This is what most Christians know. But as for me, I don't say it here or in real life. Because I know that when I am outside I am representing for fellow Christians. And I when I say that to a person or to a crowd that this will happen to them if they do this/that, then most of them will label Christians as critical and judgmental people. So I don't do it. But I don't have to. Most unbelievers know exactly what is going to happen to them, they just choose not to take action for it. Please tell me why most Atheist know more bible verses off the top of their head than I do! So I make no excuses for them. The only reason unbelievers don't believe is because they have a fear of hell. All of them. They fear hell so they decide to reject the notion of a God and Heaven/Hell because they know the consequences that the bible foretells about it. And they STILL choose to not believe. Well, that's their fish to fry. I got my own life and salvation to worry about.
The reason unbelievers don't believe in hell is because they know it's imaginary. Unbelievers reject the notion of god/hell/heaven because it is nothing more than silly superstition unsubstantiated by evidence. Unbelievers aren't imprisoned by fear of divine retribution.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:51 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
The ultimate destiny of nonbelievers is the same as christians-nothingness and dissolution of the 'soul.'

Old 05-27-2010, 08:01 PM

24 posts, read 46,723 times
Since I am a Christian it is not my place to judge what may happen to another. If I am wrong and there is no after life then it makes no difference whatsoever.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:57 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,675 times
Maybe we'll be rewarded for using our brains and not taking the words of people who've been dead for a few millennium seriously. I imagine not needing a guide book to know how to live will be looked upon in a very positive light. What should our rewards be

Perhaps God will also ask the Christians "you people seriously believed this stuff?!" when it comes to their faith. Maybe he has a sense of humor after all.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_DARLING View Post
What is the ultimate destiny of non-believers?
Nobody knows for sure. Oh, one can believe something, but we don't know for sure.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well the majority of Jewish religion don't believe in Jesus ....
Sure they do. They just don't believe he is the messiah.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:35 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_DARLING
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893
I'm confused Allen, you mean you don't say things like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893
Whoever ends up in hell will certainly NOT progress out. They sealed their own fate. Don't try to twist it to unbelievers. It truly is a horrible place and you only end up there by refusing to listen to the word of God. Just like jail. You do the crime, you do the time. What makes it worse is that most people know exactly what will get them to hell yet they still choose to do whatever anyway. I don't get that and never will.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...l#post14256314
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality