Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times

Advertisements

........if you died and found out there and then ,"hey Im still existing,i ainyt dead at all",then understood that you can go back and not just to this planet but any of thye billions that your qualified to enter,lbe it earthly,heavenly or hellish,well no one wants the hellish condition and it would be pretty hard to even get there you'd have to be realy evil for that.

imagine comin back as a kid again and a whole new life to start brand new experiences,foolowing up on old interests,i definitly want to be born with a gibson strapped to me,..I wonder how many lifetimes Bhethoven spent writing music,i mean symphony's at the age of 6,or something,makes you wonder!!!!!

then meating all those new people,and getting back to some old ones too,you could be your father's father next time around,give him a few slaps on the arse,a bit of karma never goes amiss

you know not every ghost story/mediumship/past life regression is lies,and as i said science cant explain everything

so to awnser my question,even though im not atheist, ill emrace it with happiness-its gonna be another adventure ...peace!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 03:56 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,704 times
Hi Dobeale

I am an atheist, but being Buddhist I think it may be possible that we are reborn again.
Although personally I highly doubt it. I’m a very skeptical Buddhist.

I found it interesting that you mentioned that we could be our fathers father.
Very interesting. I hadn’t though much about the breaking of a time line.
Does your belief system teach that?

Cheers,
Aeroman

Old 05-28-2010, 04:28 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Whatever happens, happens. So if that is what happens, then so be it. Hold your nose and down the hatch for round 2 (or round 2 million)!

That's my current opinion, anyway.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Hi Dobeale

I am an atheist, but being Buddhist I think it may be possible that we are reborn again.
Although personally I highly doubt it. I’m a very skeptical Buddhist.

I found it interesting that you mentioned that we could be our fathers father.
Very interesting. I hadn’t though much about the breaking of a time line.
Does your belief system teach that?

Cheers,
Aeroman
the beleif system comes from vedic knowledge,and there definitly is inter-dimensional stuff in there somewhere,i dont know where youi'd find it peobly somewhere in the Bhagavatam's 30 vlumes.

also a day on the higher planets can be millions even billions of earth years,a day of Brahma is 4.2 billion years.

who knows i could be dead/left the body,for forty earth years and it could only feel like a couple pf minutes,once we step out of the body we step out of the time cycle,maybe I'm not too sure but te main focus is that the the soul is imperishable,can be destroyed,all we've ever known is existence,sometimes our consioussness is so small that we barely exist at all/like a bacteria or something-b ut although its awareness is very small,dosent mean its not aware,just very very ignorant.where as our own awareness our thoughts our deepness our spirituality can reach heights we dont even know exist,yet that is.

its said that we originate from a spiritual universe an eternal one,that our souls, which is us,covered bye matter,are eternal spiritual entity's that in our original state we are eternally full of bliss and knowledge,and since this is where we came from this is where we shall return/it can take a long time,all depends on the individual...........

Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Personally, I find the idea of the Christian heaven or hell unappetizing.

I'd accept reincarnation quite willingly.

As Peter Pan said, "To die would be an awfully big adventure"

My personal belief, that there is an afterlife, and however you lived your life is what you are stuck in forever.

So, if your true to yourself, and happy with your decisions, you'll be happy with your afterlife. If you lie to yourself, and live a life that doesn't make you truly happy, then you're in for a long afterlife.

Maybe there'll be a reset button, maybe we won't have the ability to think anymore, maybe we'll just die.

It'll be an awfully big adventure indeed

Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,384,732 times
If reincarnation is something that happens, then we apparently don't remember any of it since most people can't remember before age 2 or 3. And of course we can't do any experiments with it, so it's not something that can be proved or disproved. Certainy there's a lot of anecdotal claims; my own mother swears she used to dream in French and somehow knew her way around New Orleans her first time there. But I've never heard of anyone claiming to recall an entire past life (except maybe some people with multiple personality disorder).
Now if I could have a do-over knowing what I already learned in this life.... that would be cool. To be five years old and explaining gene regulation to my kindergarten teacher.... To not have to go through the anxiety of the teenage years because it really is just a few years and not forever.... But even if reincarnation did happen, it doesn't work that way, so I don't spend much time thinking about something that won't really matter later.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
If reincarnation is something that happens, then we apparently don't remember any of it since most people can't remember before age 2 or 3. And of course we can't do any experiments with it, so it's not something that can be proved or disproved. Certainy there's a lot of anecdotal claims; my own mother swears she used to dream in French and somehow knew her way around New Orleans her first time there. But I've never heard of anyone claiming to recall an entire past life (except maybe some people with multiple personality disorder).
Now if I could have a do-over knowing what I already learned in this life.... that would be cool. To be five years old and explaining gene regulation to my kindergarten teacher.... To not have to go through the anxiety of the teenage years because it really is just a few years and not forever.... But even if reincarnation did happen, it doesn't work that way, so I don't spend much time thinking about something that won't really matter later.
How many elderly people do you know that remember their entire life?

Hell, my grandfather can barely remember an hour ago, let alone years.

I think everyone has dreams where they wonder "where did that come from" where they thought they were someone different.

Not saying that proves reincarnation at all, just interesting.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Personally, I find the idea of the Christian heaven or hell unappetizing.

I'd accept reincarnation quite willingly.

As Peter Pan said, "To die would be an awfully big adventure"

My personal belief, that there is an afterlife, and however you lived your life is what you are stuck in forever.

So, if your true to yourself, and happy with your decisions, you'll be happy with your afterlife. If you lie to yourself, and live a life that doesn't make you truly happy, then you're in for a long afterlife.

Maybe there'll be a reset button, maybe we won't have the ability to think anymore, maybe we'll just die.

It'll be an awfully big adventure indeed
yeah i dont beleive in the christian version either,purely becuase i dont think it makes sense that your whole eternity is based on this one life.

when i mentioned heaven ,hell,earthly,i meant that these planets are all only temporary existences,you can move up and down depending on your actions ,if one is pious they can attain the heavenly planets,and so-on,but all are considered places of misery compared to the eternal spiritual sky(universe)which is forever expanding and completely made of spiritual energy,the supreme goal of life is to break free from the condition of material bondage ,where birth,death,old age and disease exiist even on the highest planetary system,but to free from all misery's is to break free from this karma bye way of yoga/devotion,one must become pure and free in their lifetime then the real universe awaits.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How many elderly people do you know that remember their entire life?

Hell, my grandfather can barely remember an hour ago, let alone years.

I think everyone has dreams where they wonder "where did that come from" where they thought they were someone different.

Not saying that proves reincarnation at all, just interesting.
its said that these lives are like dreams to the more real life we have on the spiritual plane,just like when we dream we become ignorant to who we really are,and its like we go through different bodies so it is with our original identity's as spiritual souls,and when you wake from a dream you start remembering your real life and the dream bodies you had start to fade away,so too when we wake from our spiritual slumber into the spiritual dimension all the billions of lifetimes we spent on the material platform will seem to be a quick flash and we start living our spiritual lives filled with transcendental ecstatic bliss that is forever getting better,we feel the same bliss that God feels,because thats what we are,pure love,we are the same in quality but not in quantity in our oriiginal state

Old 05-28-2010, 07:12 PM

494 posts, read 890,393 times
If I could choose an afterlife system, it would be reincarnation. Bit I think that's just as much a fallacy as heaven or hell or any other afterlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality