Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:35 PM

360 posts, read 444,313 times

Advertisements

Well, if (note the "if," that means I'm not saying this is absolute fact and you can take it with a grain of salt if you don't believe in God, not hound me over making assumptions as to his existence) God is eternal happiness and supreme happiness, what's the point of doing anything else other than enjoy him? Let's imagine this.

You have happiness-bringing thing 1; let's call that X.

Now you have God; let's call that ∞.

So, what's the relationship between X and ∞? X<∞, obviously. Nothing can be greater than ∞.

Therefore, I assume that even if we can do anythign in heaven, we would choose God, or ∞. What's the point of X if it brings less enjoyment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 PM

397 posts, read 608,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I wonder how would it be. But there's got to be more in heaven than just doing the above. Won't God bless us with other things too.
youll have all of what you ask for, bear in mind youll be in a form of purity if you make it to paradise. so anything you ask for wont be that of sin. you can travel in the blink of an eye to anywhere you want to be. visit the prophets, actually have a conversation with christ, muhammad, moses, abraham, adam, eve, i mean, how amazing to even think huh. youll eat a peice of fruit only it wont be like the fruit here, the colors, the texture, the taste is nothing like that of which is on this earth. its amazing to even begin to imagine. if youd like to know more just send me a direct message. theres alot to know about paradise and even that of the hellfire

Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,555,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
youll have all of what you ask for, bear in mind youll be in a form of purity if you make it to paradise. so anything you ask for wont be that of sin. you can travel in the blink of an eye to anywhere you want to be. visit the prophets, actually have a conversation with christ, muhammad, moses, abraham, adam, eve, i mean, how amazing to even think huh. youll eat a peice of fruit only it wont be like the fruit here, the colors, the texture, the taste is nothing like that of which is on this earth. its amazing to even begin to imagine. if youd like to know more just send me a direct message. theres alot to know about paradise and even that of the hellfire
Ah, you must be an angel...or a demon.

Is the sex good in hell?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:58 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
It gets better in heaven every minute eh?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:03 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Cool Ohhoohhhh...oh ohhhhhh..mmmmmmm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle View Post

Is the sex good in hell?
Hmmm... Good sex? Anything I want, eh? Whips'n Chains? Velcro? Chilled honey? Barbed wire? That old gopher trap down at the hardware store?? (well of course I'd wrap it first in that old stuffed teddy bear before we... you know...)

And Muslim men overtly "dominating" young women?

Well then; this could be quite interesting!!

Otherwise, I still see here that it seem to be completely open to the individual interpretation of each and very poster here, according to what (s)he's been diligently taught to believe (and therefore it may well be the stuffy interpretation of stern, young finger-waggling Miss Forthright back in Sunday School class... Oh horrors, as as far as I remember... ).

Or... whatever. but remember: the alternative is "hell", and you'll go there fursure! I'm warning you!

The common theme is always that of the best possible promises a practiced huckster Charlatan at the county fair could ever offer: any fruit, any flavor (but always better than anything you've ever tasted, of course); a better flower garden, better food, better cars, better sex, a better stamp collection, better sunsets (Q: can "everything", including the sunsets, always get better, infinitely? Is that even vaguely plausible?). The women/men, wildlife... you name it. All inclusively and unendingly "better"!

Anything to sell a new Electrolux, huh?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
::SIGH:: Worship and praise are useless to God . . . we can neither add to nor detract from God in any way, period. They are FOR US to "attune" our consciousness and make a stronger connection in resonance with God to aid OUR development spiritually. Once we are reborn as Spirit . . . that will not be necessary anymore . . . all our "love states of mind" as "Spiritual embryos" will be all that remains with us. I suspect there will be other ways to continue our development as newly "infant Spirits."

Wait... you "suspect"? Hmmm... Mystic, Mystic.... my opinion of you as a "sooth of absolute knowledge" wavers now. "Help; I'm falling and may not be able to stop myself!"
Rifleman, rifleman . . . I do enjoy your posts and repartee . . . but I am beginning to question your ability to engage this topic intelligently and soberly. The only time such puerile banter so completely dominates discussion about a subject is when the person is in extreme denial for deep rooted psychological reasons. I worry about you, my friend . . . you know there is nothing the least bit amusing or unscientific about my views . . . despite your lumping them in with all your favorite targets of ridicule. It is difficult to believe you have actually reached the status of senior citizen with such juvenile psychological tendencies.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle View Post

Is the sex good in hell?
not sure if your being serious but if you are then you definately wont be having sex in hell, haha. but in paradise you will. its one of the best emotional feelings Allah gave us. of course you can have sex with your wife in paradise. i assume it will feel better too, insha allah, seeing as everything, all your senses will be enhanced in paradise.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Hmmm... Good sex? Anything I want, eh? Whips'n Chains? Velcro? Chilled honey? Barbed wire? That old gopher trap down at the hardware store?? (well of course I'd wrap it first in that old stuffed teddy bear before we... you know...)
anything that is pure yes. meaning that a child molester wont get to get all those children he was dying to molest. or a cereal killer wont get all the people he wants to torture and kill all by himself. idk why youd want chilled honey or velcro but if thats what you truly desire, i mean theres nothing wrong with that... y not...

Quote:
And Muslim men overtly "dominating" young women?
o wow, here goes the whole muhammad had a child that he raped and beat story again even though its already been settled and proven wrong time after time... *sigh*...

Quote:
Well then; this could be quite interesting!!
paradise is more intresting than anything you could ever imagine....

Quote:
Otherwise, I still see here that it seem to be completely open to the individual interpretation of each and very poster here, according to what (s)he's been diligently taught to believe (and therefore it may well be the stuffy interpretation of stern, young finger-waggling Miss Forthright back in Sunday School class... Oh horrors, as as far as I remember... ).
of course anyones taught something. how would you learn anything if you werent taught it. Allah gave you a brain to learn about the different things in the world but more importantly to know that Allah exist...

Quote:
Or... whatever. but remember: the alternative is "hell", and you'll go there fursure! I'm warning you!
the hellfire is surely a place that you do not want to go. its not all flames and fire... for some it will b an endless torment... dont wannt be headed in that dierection...

Quote:
The common theme is always that of the best possible promises a practiced huckster Charlatan at the county fair could ever offer: any fruit, any flavor (but always better than anything you've ever tasted, of course); a better flower garden, better food, better cars, better sex, a better stamp collection, better sunsets (Q: can "everything", including the sunsets, always get better, infinitely? Is that even vaguely plausible?). The women/men, wildlife... you name it. All inclusively and unendingly "better"!
your paradise that Allah has created for you is whatever your heart desires. whether it be that you decide that you want multiple sunsets or multiple moons with a billion stars, its your own world. its possible in your world, why not? if god created this earth with one set and another planet with multiple what makes you think he cant give you that in your paradise? one of Allahs attributes is that he is a creator, he would love nothing more than to create a paradise filled with everything you want for you listened to him and you obeyed him in this life and for that he will reward you in the hereafter

Quote:
Anything to sell a new Electrolux, huh?
ummm sure...

Old 06-02-2010, 10:43 AM

16,660 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
..... or a cereal killer wont get all the people he wants to torture and kill all by himself. .....

Conjures up an image of a dagger through a box of Cheerios.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Conjures up an image of a dagger through a box of Cheerios.
haha ya serial killer is what i meant, i mustve been hungry or sumthing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality