Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
"Because he's male!!!"

"He has to be male, 100%!"

"I'd only worship a male God!"

"If God was female, it would be evil!"

"The devil is female!"

"God only intended for there to be males!"

:sma ck:
This is often the tone of what I read if someone even thinks about the possibility of God having a female aspect. My problem is, why not?! I just can't understand the anti-female attitude in people. But then in my life, women were nice to me while the men wanted to take my head off so...

Oh well, at least Wisdom is female. (Proverbs)
Nailed it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
God is depicted as male in fable and in art because Men wrote the stories, men created the fictional images of god, historically men have always been gender biased.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:26 AM

170 posts, read 533,198 times
Males are the stronger of the sexes, mentally and physically.

If that offends you, oh well thats life.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:31 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
God is male because a female god would be illogical and not supportable by facts.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:01 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
Screw male......why is god always pictured as some long haired white person. LMAO! The notion of god as father is biblical clap trap and just man made nonsense.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:03 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
I think if there is a more intelligent race out there that has spanned the chasm of time it is most definitely probably ruled by a powerful female leader. Women have always been a very powerful force in native tribes all across the world way before advanced civilizations. Women held great power in native american tribes. Don't believe the history books. They owned property, guided decision making etc. They weren't simply slaves that did the cooking and tanned the hides like eurocentrists want you to believe.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:35 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
I think if there is a more intelligent race out there that has spanned the chasm of time it is most definitely probably ruled by a powerful female leader. Women have always been a very powerful force in native tribes all across the world way before advanced civilizations. Women held great power in native american tribes. Don't believe the history books. They owned property, guided decision making etc. They weren't simply slaves that did the cooking and tanned the hides like eurocentrists want you to believe.
I agree!

According to the OT in Judges 4:1-24 "A woman was the first prophetess and judge of Israel:
Deborah ("bee") was a prophetess and tribal leader (judge), from the tribe of Ephraim. Her primary mission in the battle was a political task - to convince the tribes to send soldiers to the Israelite Army. As she later summarizes her efforts in a song she wrote to commemorate the victory, only part of the tribes sent their men into the battle. Barak, we are told by the Bible, requested that Deborah will join him in the battle, as a condition for his acceptance of the command. This request was from political reasons, since the tribes were not united and hesitated to help the three tribes (Issachar, Naphtali and Zebulun) who suffered the most from the Northern Canaanite cities. Her presence was one of the factors for their victory.

Peace!

Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
God is male because a female god would be illogical and not supportable by facts.
You forgot to give any reason, or fact to support your male chauvinist views.

The term didn't exist at the time, but the bible was written by man alone, and they were male chauvinist, and today many carry on the same blind non-reasoning views, stone age thinking at its worst.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:56 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times
I believe the reason why most refer to God as a male is because in ancient religions were mostly Goddess worshiped and dominated by the female. They empowered women. Men got tired of this and had an uprising so to speak of the religious nature. This gave rise to the men as the masters. The christian belief is a very good show of male dominance.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:01 PM

595 posts, read 761,776 times
Genesis 1: 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

KJV Genesis 1:

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

KJV Genesis 5:

1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam (man), in the day when they were created.

NIV Genesis 5:
1 This is the written account of Adam’s family line.
When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankindwhen they were created.

God shows no favortism, man does.
In the beginning both were called man by God, both were blessed by God and both male and female ruled.
Jesus has taken us back to what God blessed in a male and female from the beginning.

No more curse and no more rulership over one another. Christ is the foundation for all and Savior for each individual to have a personal relationship with the Father through Christ.
Each man and woman have always from the time of birth been accountable for their own sins and Christ is the only One who can set each free from the condemnation of sin.

What can man do to me? He can never touch my soul. Man did not give me my soul and does not take it away. Only God. Man cannot save a woman and woman cannot save man. Only faith in Jesus Christ.

God Bless,
Mercy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality