Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 06:53 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times

Advertisements

Christianity is a Sado- Masochistic Religion.

• -God Creates Angels to worship him because (he needs their attention)
  • -God Creates Man for His (god's) glory because (he needs their attention)
  • -God gets PO at Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels and cast them out of heaven because (he needs their attention)
  • -God gets PO at man because they now know GOOD from EVIL! (he needs their attention)
  • -God Becomes very disappointed with Man because man is now unholy and (he needs their attention)
  • -God curses Mankind because they have sined (he needs their attention)
  • -God curses the entire human race FOREVER because of 1 man's sin.(he needs their attention)
  • -God makes man suffer forever, because of 1 man's sin. (he needs their attention)
  • -God concocts a scheme to "save man" by becoming "flesh" and allowing himself to be "crucified" as an atonement for the sins of the Creature he created.
(have i lost anyone yet???)

....we are slaves to Christ. He is the headmaster and we are his bond-servants. We will be REWARDED IN "THE NEXT LIFE" (haha) for our sacrifices today (what are you sacrificing???).

QUOTE FROM THIS WEBPAGE "The freedom involved with being an atheist is something that makes theists anger. While they shackle themselves psychologically in manacles submitting to an invisible master, they see us laughing and enjoying our lives free from a harmful masochistic complex in our outlook on life and nature. They see us indulging in activities they consider sin, and sometimes boil with rage as to why we are not also swimming in guilt. Many Christians also want to export their Christian guilt onto us so that we too become self loathing and submit to their invisible god."

LINK

The foundation of Christianity is one that is based in Sadomasochism. When the dynamics of any local or national church system are closely studied, you will see a relationship between those that want to dominate and those who want to be dominated. The management (preachers, deacons, elders, rabi's, etc) find the sheep. The sheep give their $ to the Managers to be dominated and told what to do (from giving their $ to the church to signing over the deeds to their house upon death, etc).

Any Questions???

..."my sheep hear my voice and follow me!" (quote from Christ).
(baaaaaaahhhhh------sheep making his noise).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 08:08 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
I left Christianity for a lot of reasons, but SM wasn't one of them. There are definitely SM elements to it, particularly in Catholic glorification of suffering, but I hardly think that is unique to Christianity. One can argue that the business world and indeed any human enterprise consists of those who dominate and those who are dominated.

Christianity is more patriarchal and authoritarian than sadomasochistic. Abuses such as sadomasochism, of course, can and do arise out of patriarchal / authoritarian systems. And out of the depicted personality of the deity.

As to Christian jealousy for atheist freedom, I don't know. I think that by and large they don't really envy our freedom; rather, they fear it. They have long been taught they are unworthy worms undeserving of self-determination, and that independent thought is evil.

What in my experience makes them even more angry than us having a good time is us practicing restraint, kindness, self-sacrifice, loyalty and love despite supposedly being reprobate, degenerate hellspawn. And/or, us pointing out any time one of the allegedly godly does something self-absorbed, dishonest or predatory.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:21 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Not only SM, but also Stockholm syndrome.

Example: Luther's Small Catechism specifically teaches that we should "fear and love God."

Think of all the songs of praise to an entity that is threatening to eternally punish them.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
You can't corral truth between shalts and shalt nots.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:45 PM

One of the most notable things about Christianity for many non-Christians is the intense preoccupation with death and suffering.

• -ITS sadistic because they are obsessed with Blood. Blood needed to wash away your sins. (wat da flock?)
  • -its sadomasochism BECAUSE the perps (those who preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ) are on a power trip. "I'm going to heaven and you're going to Hell....Na-na-nah."
  • -Its sadistic because the Proliferates of Christianity, know and enjoy watching their subjects suffer...
  • -Its sadistic, because knowing full well they are feeding their subjects a load of Malarkey, they intentionally ROB their subjects of the only resources they have to survive----they rob them of their MINDS.
  • -Its sadistic because, THEIR TARGETS (the mindless minions who are mostly poor, uneducated and downtrodden) have little to no hope for a better life (especially if they destroy their logic and reasoning skills through the Mystic and Voodoo Stories of the Gospels). KNOWING this, deacons, priests, pastors, preachers, elders, etc. OF THE church (any church),
  • -its sadistic because the Church persecuted non-Christians and put them to death (even today).
  • -etc

...Jesus. I don't have time to teach people basic Logic.

Here's a link to one web page on the subject.

LINK

Old 10-11-2015, 06:38 AM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
One of the most notable things about Christianity for many non-Christians is the intense preoccupation with death and suffering.
Your linked article is primarily related to Catholicism, which as I mentioned, does have a particularly prominent SM element. To the extent I could get through the illustrations in that article (I think I made it about halfway before it became too debased to contemplate) you have certainly documented that aspect.

Whether intentionally or otherwise it seems that protestantism by and large has driven that underground and desexualized it. There, in my experience it least, it has become mostly a one-foot-in-front-of-the-other drudgery, holding fast to faith through the wilderness of this life in hope of vindication and bliss and rest in the afterlife. There's a frequent theme that "this world is not my home", "the things of earth grow strangely dim", in other words a debasement and devaluation of life itself. In other words for protestants the ascetic tradition has survived and been somewhat camouflaged (apart from some of the anabaptist tradition, which sees the hypocrisy of the comforts of technology, you are still allowed to have central heating / ventilation / air conditioning, automobiles, cell phones, and don't have to wear odd costumes to be a protestant Christian), but the SM component has been made entirely implicit rather than explicit.

Another way to put it, I suppose, is that while Catholicism was fixated on actively denying and mortifying one's humanity, Protestantism has been content with simply being detached from and indifferent to it.

I leave to the reader, the exercise of determining which method is more dysfunctional and produces more suffering.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:08 PM

Whoa...Nice Work Mordant.

Some keen insight here...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Your linked article is primarily related to Catholicism, which as I mentioned, does have a particularly prominent SM element. To the extent I could get through the illustrations in that article (I think I made it about halfway before it became too debased to contemplate) you have certainly documented that aspect.

Whether intentionally or otherwise it seems that protestantism by and large has driven that underground and desexualized it. There, in my experience it least, it has become mostly a one-foot-in-front-of-the-other drudgery, holding fast to faith through the wilderness of this life in hope of vindication and bliss and rest in the afterlife. There's a frequent theme that "this world is not my home", "the things of earth grow strangely dim", in other words a debasement and devaluation of life itself. In other words for protestants the ascetic tradition has survived and been somewhat camouflaged (apart from some of the anabaptist tradition, which sees the hypocrisy of the comforts of technology, you are still allowed to have central heating / ventilation / air conditioning, automobiles, cell phones, and don't have to wear odd costumes to be a protestant Christian), but the SM component has been made entirely implicit rather than explicit.

Another way to put it, I suppose, is that while Catholicism was fixated on actively denying and mortifying one's humanity, Protestantism has been content with simply being detached from and indifferent to it.

I leave to the reader, the exercise of determining which method is more dysfunctional and produces more suffering.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:42 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You can't corral truth between shalts and shalt nots.
Sounds like the 11th Commandment:

"Thou shalt not corral truth between shalts and shalt nots. I AM the Lord".

Old 10-11-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

In a nutshell: Christian leaders are the sadists; the congregations who listen to them and follow them are the masochists.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:59 PM

Catholic nun's new "habit" (read both ways )

http://basementrejects.com/wp-conten...guide-list.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality