Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 PM

278 posts, read 357,682 times

Advertisements

We all know that like many people, Rick Santorum is against gay marriage, but his views actually go much further than that.

"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything."
Raw Data: Excerpts of Santorum's AP Interview | Fox News

Santorum is in favor of allowing the states to bring back anti-sodomy laws.

Here is the full quote:

"We have laws in states, like the one at the Supreme Court right now, that has sodomy laws and they were there for a purpose. because, again, I would argue, they undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family. And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. It all comes from, I would argue, this right to privacy that doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution, this right that was created, it was created in Griswold — Griswold was the contraceptive case — and abortion. And now we're just extending it out. And the further you extend it out, the more you — this freedom actually intervenes and affects the family. You say, well, it's my individual freedom. Yes, but it destroys the basic unit of our society because it condones behavior that's antithetical to strong healthy families. Whether it's polygamy, whether it's adultery, where it's sodomy, all of those things, are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family."

So not only does he support the right of states to institute anti-gay laws, he also defends the practice.

Here is another quote:

“One of the criticisms I make is to what I refer to as more of a Libertarianish right,” Santorum said. “They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues. That is not how traditional conservatives view the world.”

http://www.lonerepublic.com/how-does...be-left-alone/

Last edited by distraff; 03-26-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
So, that makes two places that Santorum should stay out of, politics AND bedrooms.

You couldn't pay me enough to vote for that dipshidiot.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:23 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
Me either. He is horrifying.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
I believe Sanitorium has issues he has not come to terms with.

I think in his twisted mind he believes if he preaches against Homosexuality enough it would "cure" him.

Does he believe States have the right to ALLOW same-sex marriage? If not, WHY?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:41 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
I believe Sanitorium has issues he has not come to terms with.

I think in his twisted mind he believes if he preaches against Homosexuality enough it would "cure" him.
don't dump him on the gays as some sort of an insult. they didn't do anything to deserve his brand of mental deficiency.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 AM

632 posts, read 1,517,521 times
After today's news cycle, what will happen if there is a Romney/Santorium ticket? Women, gays and anybody these guys don't like will essentially lose their rights.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:39 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Thread closed pending moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality