U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC missing home Reno NV
369 posts, read 971,110 times
Reputation: 167
It comes down to this I understand as a father you want the best for your daughter, that I completely understand and wanting to protect her, but what I do not and will NEVER is that if she does something you don't like that means she basically isn't good enough. or any female for that matter. that, sir is what is APPALLING. Let me just remind you of one thing, we are all different, and what fits one does not fit another. You have no right to make that decision for anyone and you especially have no right to JUDGE anyone. God will do that, so get off your soap box now. I have attached my own little video, ENJOY!


YouTube - Pink - Trouble

 
Old 09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Santa Barbara
514 posts, read 519,335 times
Reputation: 175
No, you are rationalizing jobs such as prostitution, or torturerer, or mafia hitman or woman. There are acceptable jobs and unacceptable jobs. Unquestioning acceptance is the road to hell on earth.
 
Old 09-16-2010, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Anchorage,Alaska
24 posts, read 45,196 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
It comes down to this I understand as a father you want the best for your daughter, that I completely understand and wanting to protect her, but what I do not and will NEVER is that if she does something you don't like that means she basically isn't good enough. or any female for that matter. that, sir is what is APPALLING. Let me just remind you of one thing, we are all different, and what fits one does not fit another. You have no right to make that decision for anyone and you especially have no right to JUDGE anyone. God will do that, so get off your soap box now. I have attached my own little video, ENJOY!
Your kind of defensive I wonder why? If in fact you don't see anything wrong in it why you have such an attitude? I don't know highnlite, but I don't think he is judging he just believes women can do much better for themselves. And how funny to put up Pink, I enjoy some of her music but her life if a joke! She don't carry herself as a lady in any way,shape or form so if this is someone you look up to then that doesn't say much for you! Just because someone can sing and make the money a doctor,police officer,fireman should be making don't make her someone special!
 
Old 09-16-2010, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC missing home Reno NV
369 posts, read 971,110 times
Reputation: 167
Roxy I don't care if you "wonder why" I am being defensive, I wasn't talking to you. You don't know ME either so how dare you judge me. I put her up as a complete joke actually, since it was the epitome of the opposite of what he was talking about. Just having a little fun, actually not defensive at all. I laugh at all this! you are the joke! what are you even talking about?
and it's nice that you are sticking up for a man instead of another woman... what about a thumbs up for a female that thinks a woman has the right to do whatever she wants?? nice codependent woman you must be. do you know what INDEPENDENT means?

and HighNlite excuse me dont tell me I am rationalizing jobs such as prostitution because I specifically said that is one I would NOT STAND FOR. don't go turning my words around just because you can't see past the end of your own nose cause it's stuck too far in the air.

And another thing how dare you people expect everyone to see things from your point of view especially you all mighty HighNLite - I even agreed with you but you can't even do the same for me to see where I am coming from.

I'll say it again as many times as I need to to get it through your thick skull... I have a dad, he has 3 girls whom he would do ANYTHING FOR. anD guess what, he hunts in the woods, he is a big scruffy old fashioned man. He has values, would he want me working as a cocktail waitress for my life? HELL NO. would he disown me if I worked for a little while as one? HELL NO.
you're thinking is completely screwed up.

IT'S CALLED UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. LEARN ABOUT IT.
 
Old 09-16-2010, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Anchorage,Alaska
24 posts, read 45,196 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
Roxy I don't care if you "wonder why" I am being defensive, I wasn't talking to you. You don't know ME either so how dare you judge me. I put her up as a complete joke actually, since it was the epitome of the opposite of what he was talking about. Just having a little fun, actually not defensive at all. I laugh at all this! you are the joke! what are you even talking about?
and it's nice that you are sticking up for a man instead of another woman... what about a thumbs up for a female that thinks a woman has the right to do whatever she wants?? nice codependent woman you must be. do you know what INDEPENDENT means?

and HighNlite excuse me dont tell me I am rationalizing jobs such as prostitution because I specifically said that is one I would NOT STAND FOR. don't go turning my words around just because you can't see past the end of your own nose cause it's stuck too far in the air.

And another thing how dare you people expect everyone to see things from your point of view especially you all mighty HighNLite - I even agreed with you but you can't even do the same for me to see where I am coming from.

I'll say it again as many times as I need to to get it through your thick skull... I have a dad, he has 3 girls whom he would do ANYTHING FOR. anD guess what, he hunts in the woods, he is a big scruffy old fashioned man. He has values, would he want me working as a cocktail waitress for my life? HELL NO. would he disown me if I worked for a little while as one? HELL NO.
you're thinking is completely screwed up.

IT'S CALLED UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. LEARN ABOUT IT.
I do love my children unconditional, doesn't mean I have to except their choices. And standing up for highnlite has nothing to do with him being man or woman it has to do with the fact there is very few "men" in this world that care enough about women and how far they can really go. I don't think cocktail waitressing is wrong and i also don't think someone thinking people can do more is wrong, I think its a nice change...I would never not respect or agree with someones opinion just because he is a man.I am not the angry person here,nor uptight,nor being judgemental, although i do think you could practice what ya preah a little. Either way I agree with you both, I don't see anything wrong with waitressing as long as it don't go further, and i don't see anything wrong with thinking women can do big things with their life.My life itself has been chosen and I am happy with it and my children, I hope for all you out there to have the same..gl
 
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 AM
 
10,494 posts, read 23,141,121 times
Reputation: 6667
The fact that anyone would look down on a casino cocktail server totally disgusts me. They work very hard. It is not fun to have to wear high heel shoes for 8 hours a day and deal with drunks. I live in Las Vegas and have made friends with many cocktail servers so I know the other side of the coin. The people on this thread putting them down should be ashamed of themselves. To compare them to a stripper or prostitute is not right.
 
Old 09-17-2010, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Santa Barbara
514 posts, read 519,335 times
Reputation: 175
Holy cowabunga, I explained myself four ways from Sunday, and ya'll never understood what I was saying. Ya'll voting for Angle?

Too funny.
 
Old 09-17-2010, 01:24 PM
 
197 posts, read 459,226 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandey023 View Post
could anyone please tell me how the casino industry is in Reno for cocktail servers? do u start on grave yard or extra board? what is the average hourly rate there not including tips?..
what does this question have to do with your feelings about being a cocktail server? If you can't answer the above question question then keep your negative comments to yourself. do not hijack the thread with your banter that has nothing to do with the orig posters question.
 
Old 09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
 
1,530 posts, read 3,464,632 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxynak View Post
Actually sleeping with them is not prostitution, having sex with them is! Just cause your a cocktail waitress sure as hell don't make you eye candy either. And I also make good money and no not by cocktail waitressing, and yes i am married so my hubby must think I am eye candy, and no degree, so what???
ummm i never anywhere in any forum say that i am a cocktail waitress, i have a friend who is a cocktail waitress who makes good money has supported her children not lived off of welfare and done it by herself that is what i said.
 
Old 09-19-2010, 11:17 PM
 
1,530 posts, read 3,464,632 times
Reputation: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
Chinga probably does not live in Nevada, not real Nevada anyway, he probably lives in Clark County and would suffer mightily at the hands of cow country Nevadans.

Hey Chinga, lets go hunting. We can bring my daughters along, they can show you how to be a man, all I need from you is a three week commitment to living rough.
your not even from nevada!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top