Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:34 AM

26 posts, read 82,507 times
If you have a lot of blubber to act as natural insulation, you won't feel cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 09:11 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Thanks guys. I just went to Sierra Summit's site. Although the stores there are at practically every shopping mall, at least it's a mall I've never been to...it looks nice. I've never heard of Orvis though, but I see it's like an outdoorsman type store, like Pro Bass Shops.

This will actually be the 1st trip I would have gone on w/ BOTH of my parents since it was the summer before my senior yr of high school...this should be interesting to share a hotel room together.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:30 PM

If you like stuff like Pro Bass, definitely go into Scheels at Legends in Sparks, it's supposed to be the largest sports store in the US, got an indoor ferris wheel, lots of things to look at and can play some interactive arcade type games. As far as museums...are you kidding, this is Reno you're talking about!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:15 PM

197 posts, read 549,324 times
the few museums we have are worth looking into when your in town The Automobile Museum is one you may like to visit the most. Our State Museum and Our Museum of Art are very popular destinations for travelers who enjoy the arts.

:: National Automobile Museum | Reno, Nevada ::

below is a great site for reno info with all sorts of entertainment. I am sure you will find fun things to do with and with out your parents and Enjoy those precious moments with them....One day you may look back when they are no longer in your life and reflect on such a trip xo

Reno Tahoe Museums site also gives you a large list of other activaties in Reno

Old 09-18-2010, 07:25 PM

197 posts, read 549,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oslc View Post
If you have a lot of blubber to act as natural insulation, you won't feel cold.
your right with the average Temp being 66 not below 66 you may want to were 10 coats ROFLMAO...OSlC how is FLA when do you plan on coming to RENO for your FIRST TRIP or has it been so long that you JUST FORGOT its not as cold as you claim in Reno in NV.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAS36BH View Post
your right with the average Temp being 66 not below 66 you may want to were 10 coats ROFLMAO...OSlC how is FLA when do you plan on coming to RENO for your FIRST TRIP or has it been so long that you JUST FORGOT its not as cold as you claim in Reno in NV.
These sites say average Nov. temp is 55 degrees.

Average Weather for Reno, NV - Temperature and Precipitation

Climate in Reno, Nevada

Usually it's warmer at the beginning of Nov., not the end. That's why ski resorts usually don't open before Thanksgiving, often open at Thanksgiving time. I don't know where you get 66 avg. temp. So we know that not only are you full of hot air (probably due to the blubber) but also full of s-. The last time I was in Reno was July this year when, having lived there since 2001. I don't think you even live there, so what do you know about Reno?

Old 09-19-2010, 07:16 AM

I'd also say avg low in the 20s for November is pretty darn cold for those without the extra layers of fat!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:49 AM

102 posts, read 217,656 times
I have to agree with the OP. It's very warm in Reno in November. I live in Stateline, the last 10 years have been above normal temps in November. we have colder weather then Reno and still no one was wearing coats in on or around Thanksgiving. A light jacket or hoodie for the evening is more then enough that will be required. Even if the average temp is 55 as it states on one site and 70 on the other site......... 55 is still very warm during the day time with the sun out and does not warrant for a heavy coat. As a matter of fact it was 68 last year and 75 in 2008.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:48 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Any other ideas anyone?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:00 PM

30 posts, read 109,592 times
Yes there are during ski season two free shuttles that stop at most of the major Reno Hotels (like the Peppermill, Atlantis, Harrahs, etc (I don't believe they stop at the Sparks locations)... but they take you up to either Squaw Village and or Northstar. Now Northstar is probably not worth a day trip, but Squaw is. The history of the Olympics, seeing the mountain, eat lunch at their piazza place there... I recommend the Pear and Gargonzola pizza. It rocks. Have a coffee. ETC. There are other little things going on there. Some shopping. ETC. If you want take a cab or bus into Tahoe City... spend some time there... Essentially if you don't get up to Lake Tahoe - that's criminal. You can just rent a car for a day etc... but the Ski Shuttles provide a nice free way to get up there.

EDIT: http://www.squaw.com/free-reno-shuttle

It does pick up at the Nugget (which sort of stinks because you have to then trek all around Reno), but hey it's a free shuttle... bring an ipod.

Last edited by KevinJPPark; 10-19-2010 at 04:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area