Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:36 PM

6 posts, read 32,325 times

Advertisements

Hello -

We are relocating to the Reno-Sparks area in the next month or so. We checked out the area this past weekend, but ended up driving in circles and frustrated. Many of the complexes were either extremely expensive (Kiley Ranch area & off of Vista) with very small units or seemed very run down (near S Virigina St) or had a not so great vibe about the area (Park Vista).

We have a toddler and are just looking for a good, safe, affordable area to settle for about 6 months. Can someone provide some specific complex names for me? Or even some rental home areas? How is Comstock-Hillview? Vista West?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 04:05 PM

142 posts, read 999,217 times
How much rent do you want to pay per month?

Old 01-15-2008, 05:36 AM

we'd like to keep it around $900 for 2 bedrooms, if not less, if at all possible. are we better to move a little farther out? how is fernley? lemmon valley? cold springs (silver lake, sierra sage)?

Old 01-16-2008, 06:17 PM

159 posts, read 599,771 times
If you move further out what you save in rent you will pay in gas if you have to commute to Reno for work. Just soemthing to think about. I like Double Diamond/Damonte ranch, everything is close by, and it feels safe. They also have a lot of playgrounds in each little sub-division.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 AM

154 posts, read 991,808 times
I also recommend the South Meadows/Double Diamond/Damonte Ranch area.

In the area there are the only 2 "nice" rental apartment complexes:

The Vintage at South Meadows & Horizons.

If you like apartment/condo-style living there are quite a few for rent by owner on craigslist, etc. Look for listings for Triana, Tanamera or Fluer de Lis (all of which are located in the South Meadows/Double Diamond area) and Fallen Leaf, which has the same floorplans as Triana (off Mt. Rose Hwy.). I own a unit at Tanamera and love it. Convenient to everything from shopping, dining, the airport, etc. Plus, we have a GREAT clubhouse/gym/pool and attached garages.

If you're looking at houses there should also be many available for rent by owner in the area on craigslist, but at that price range you're looking at the smallest, most basic floorplan in the area.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:03 PM

thanks so much! we looked around reno (west, north valley, sparks), but didn't have a chance to make it to the south. i will check into those other places!!

on the fernley note, aside from the commute, how is the area?

Old 01-19-2008, 09:09 PM

does anyone know anything about Willow Way condos?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 10,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshy12279 View Post
Hello -

We are relocating to the Reno-Sparks area in the next month or so. We checked out the area this past weekend, but ended up driving in circles and frustrated. Many of the complexes were either extremely expensive (Kiley Ranch area & off of Vista) with very small units or seemed very run down (near S Virigina St) or had a not so great vibe about the area (Park Vista).

We have a toddler and are just looking for a good, safe, affordable area to settle for about 6 months. Can someone provide some specific complex names for me? Or even some rental home areas? How is Comstock-Hillview? Vista West?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Hello--i am Reno resident (have been for many years).----Have recently been looking for apartments-( for a 6 month stay!) amd CAN relate to what you say!!
---Northwest Area --west of Mcarren-- Blvd. does have some nice apartment complexes.....Silver Ridge was least expensive $800/2 bdrm(still "fairly-nice")---Aviana at Tuscany --safe and nice-- but 2 bdrm--about a thousand-/month-----Teracina (off of Sierra Highlands ) also cheaper --but still looked nice-( had no washer & dryer in those units though!)--------I found best ? guide was apartmentguide.com (Reno-Nv. 50 mile radius-----Sparks--area--Sparks Blvd.--and going North out of town on Vista--Blvd, -has some ok ones too------GOOD LUCK!!!_

Old 01-27-2008, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 7,118 times
Check out Silver State Condos on 15th Street in Sparks, across from Sparks High School. Nice community, rents about $850 per month.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 10,491 times
Hi I am also a long time Reno/Sparks resident and can relate to--where is it ok here?? I've lived in both Sparks area and now in Northwest area of Reno. Northwest is a nice area and traffic --tends to be a better "scene". because it's..Easier access to the I80 freeway. Vista /pyramid in Sparks get really congested because all of the developments out that way have no freeway access.. The northwest Reno area is divided into:Old North West which is closer to Sierra St. and Virginia St. (& Univeristy of Nevada). The "New North West" is further west of Virginia St./Sierra st.
Old Northwest neighborhood has some lower rents (Houses) that are actually ok. Just don't get tooo close to Virginia St. /Sierra St. or you are into where alot of college kids rent! As you contine west-- There are some nice apartment complexes in new Northwest area that aren't super high too.....New northwest area has some rental houses--neighborhoods that are around 1100/1200.00/month.......There are also apartment complexes nice too---that have some rents for 1000/mo. Go to: realtordeb.com Choose option-- Northern Nevada!-- and then look for all of Reno area..--and/or all of Sparks area....You can seriously get an idea of neighborhoods and types of homes etc. by looking at photos and seeing what homes are selling for too...........(There is a menu list that you can select for various neighborhood areas of all of this area. Hope this helps!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area