U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 PM
 
20 posts, read 50,979 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

Hi, just some questions. I've been looking at pictures online and Gardnerville seems greener than the Reno area. Is that true or are the pics misleading? I am speaking about the mountains and foothills. It doesn't seem as brown. My husband and I visited Reno back in Jan 2010 and up near Mt Rose was nice but I wasn't really thrilled with Reno. But I'd like to go back out and check out Carson City and Gardnerville and the ranchos area. We are living in NH and I've lived only on the east coast my whole life. My brother lives outside of Vegas, not something I can do because I love lakes and mountains that have trees, and green grass lol. But, my husband is in ski area management and the small resorts out in new england just aren't cutting it. We are looking more at Heavenly area so Gardnerville seems like a nice town. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2011, 05:32 PM
 
20 posts, read 50,979 times
Reputation: 27
Default Oops forgot....

Oh and snow? How much snow does that area get? I dig snow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2011, 02:41 AM
 
42 posts, read 108,848 times
Reputation: 61
Default Hi Dazy12

Yes, you are correct on both counts. Gardnerville/Carson City and Minden do receive more snow than Reno and are greener (more trees).

Minden is south of Carson City and has highways 395, Hwy 50 and Hwy 88 going to Lake Tahoe approx 25 miles. Reno is approx 50 miles north of Minden. Carson City is Approx 10 miles North of Minden. Gardnerville is just south of Minden.

Old town Minden which I personally recommend is quaint with spacious homes close to shopping walmart, raley's supermarket, tumblewind antiques, minden medical center and houses of worship.

Town of Minden has a website.

Hope it helps. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2011, 04:28 AM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,843,848 times
Reputation: 751
snowing RITE NOW in Carson, Gardner, Minden, Tahoe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 AM
 
86 posts, read 203,194 times
Reputation: 51
Lived in SParks and it definitely got more snow than Carson and Gardnerville. HOWEVER...I would trade if I could to live in Genoa, Mindin, Gardnerville or Carson (Carson has the worst gang problem of the 4 and I think its pretty significant) All these cities have better views, scenery and a better personality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 AM
 
1,812 posts, read 2,843,848 times
Reputation: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mtb View Post
Lived in SParks and it definitely got more snow than Carson and Gardnerville. HOWEVER...I would trade if I could to live in Genoa, Mindin, Gardnerville or Carson (Carson has the worst gang problem of the 4 and I think its pretty significant) All these cities have better views, scenery and a better personality
e

Carson does not have much gang activity. yes it did in the past . You SELDOM hear or read in the news about gangs! BTW many of the gang members who were arrested were from Minden and gardnerville according to their arrest info. GO FIGURE!

BTW if you do a google Nevada Appeal news search last time gangs were mentioned was 2006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Sparks, NV
197 posts, read 448,021 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazy12 View Post
Hi, just some questions. I've been looking at pictures online and Gardnerville seems greener than the Reno area. Is that true or are the pics misleading? I am speaking about the mountains and foothills. It doesn't seem as brown. My husband and I visited Reno back in Jan 2010 and up near Mt Rose was nice but I wasn't really thrilled with Reno. But I'd like to go back out and check out Carson City and Gardnerville and the ranchos area. We are living in NH and I've lived only on the east coast my whole life. My brother lives outside of Vegas, not something I can do because I love lakes and mountains that have trees, and green grass lol. But, my husband is in ski area management and the small resorts out in new england just aren't cutting it. We are looking more at Heavenly area so Gardnerville seems like a nice town. Thoughts?
Given everything you are talking about and proximity to being near the slopes...I think you will love Gardnerville, Carson or Minden.....Carson, as the capital, is definitey the city feel (not at all..but more than the other two)....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 AM
 
Location: C.C NV
2 posts, read 10,042 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
e

Carson does not have much gang activity. yes it did in the past . You SELDOM hear or read in the news about gangs! BTW many of the gang members who were arrested were from Minden and gardnerville according to their arrest info. GO FIGURE!

BTW if you do a google Nevada Appeal news search last time gangs were mentioned was 2006

agree with ya. the gangs don't like cc much anymore because they cracked down on it and still are JIC any gang banger thinks they are going to start something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 05:02 PM
 
1,228 posts, read 1,573,293 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1982 View Post
agree with ya. the gangs don't like cc much anymore because they cracked down on it and still are JIC any gang banger thinks they are going to start something.

what is JIC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 PM
 
11,181 posts, read 10,197,230 times
Reputation: 20595
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
what is JIC

Could it be just in case? All these verbal shortcuts confuse me now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top