U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:54 PM

100 posts, read 113,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFlies View Post
BigDave- Well I honestly can't say much about Eugene or Corvallis because I don't really any kind of feelings towards them, but I really just want a change of scene. I have visited Reno and the UNR campus and I really love it. I'm not feeling much towards downtown Reno but the other parts are so beautiful

Wolfdog and Braindead: Not many cities can compare with Portland in terms of gay friendliness. Haha Corvallis and Eugene both have a much smaller-mind attitude than Portland. When I visited Reno, I really liked the "you do what you want, I do what I want" kind of attitude.
I was referring to the areas around the campuses, which is where I assumed you would reside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 AM

148 posts, read 270,192 times
For a city our size we are pretty gay-friendly. I haven't heard of a single gay bashing incident here the 15 years I've lived here while there have been a few racist incidents. We live close to the Bay so get a lot of gay-friendly culture from there. We have an annual PRIDE festival that I attend and nobody protests or anything. No big Christian fundamentalist political groups here. I have no frickin idea why we have an anti-gay marriage law here when we legalize medical pot, gambling, and prostitution.

We have more and more bike lanes but S Virginia Street still sucks and you will die. We passed a new law that says you have to give 3 feet when passing a bicyclist but nobody here has heard of the law. Be careful out there and ride down smaller streets.

I had a friend at UNR who said the cafeteria sucks and he gained 10 pounds on pizza and other junk food there.

Finally, it rains in Corvallis and Eugene and hardly ever rains here. Oregonicians are all hipster and foodies and think they're too cool. Renoites know we're not cool and we only act hipster while still driving Hummers, not recycling, eating fast food, and buying new clothes from child labor factories in Indonesia.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:42 AM

62 posts, read 85,626 times
Default Reno Hipsters versus Oregon Hipsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Little Drunk View Post
For a city our size we are pretty gay-friendly. I haven't heard of a single gay bashing incident here the 15 years I've lived here while there have been a few racist incidents. We live close to the Bay so get a lot of gay-friendly culture from there. We have an annual PRIDE festival (...)

Finally, it rains in Corvallis and Eugene and hardly ever rains here. Oregonicians are all hipster and foodies and think they're too cool.

Renoites know we're not cool and we only act hipster while still driving Hummers, not recycling, eating fast food, and buying new clothes from child labor factories in Indonesia.
Highlighted Is Indeed Very true about Oregon! That's also true of Marin County, Washington State, Santa Cruz, Santa Fe, NM, etc. etc. these places also have high income taxes and wish to regulate every chunk of PRIVATE property right down to the width of your front yard and sidewalk. if you're an architect, not easy places to practice.

Glad to hear THIS about RENO ! thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area