U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,501 times

Advertisements

Hi, My family and I are moving to Sparks and I am desperately searching for a preschool program. We are coming from Seattle and both my kids, 4 and 2 have had the opportunity to attend part time, two and three day a week programs here. However, all I am finding are EXPENSIVE programs and mostly daycare facilities? I have looked at Brookfield, Goddard, Pebbles Preschool? I am open to at home programs as well? Any parents have suggestions? I am a work from home mom, so don;t need daycare...just want to continue my children's educationand social development...make sense? HELP! Much Appreciated!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 PM

839 posts, read 781,900 times
Both my kids (now 23 and 13) Went to Child Garden.
There are/were a few of them. Miss. Ginny, was the director when my DS went and went on to open and run Ginny's Child Garden. I am not sure if she still does, but she was wonderful.
My DS attended all 3 of the Reno locations - Hill St, Edison and Reactor.
My DD only attend the Reactor Way facility and only for Kindergarten,

I know its been many years but all our experiences with Child Garden were good and their reputation remained very good over the years.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 PM

82 posts, read 84,400 times
I am from the Seattle area and my daughter goes to Goddard. I found it MUCH less expensive than my Seattle options and I'm very happy with her learning, socialization and preschool options there.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,501 times
HI MamaCat & Tiredofraininwa!

THANK YOU both for your responses! I just flew back after spending four days in Sparks and signing our lease We are living just past the Goddard school and down los altos parkway.

I checked out several options while there and still have not made any decisions! I did love to GODDARD school, and although less expensive than Seattle, still a stretch financially considering I have been paying half here for part time than what Goddard is asking. HOWEVER, its is a fabulous program!!

I looked at Pebbles preschool at the rock, Happy Days preschool down off pyramid at the Methodist Church, and the preschool at Christian Summit. I will look into Child Garden since that was not on my list and I am sure I will find something that suits both my kids!

I love RENO...so much SUN, dryer...and love the area. We are thrilled to be getting out of the rainy seattle area and starting fresh. I appreciate both of you so much for your responses!

Its wonderful knowing that there are people who are willing to help us!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:00 PM

7 posts, read 5,636 times
gc3thayer-

Since some time has passed, would you be willing to share where you decided on, and what your experience has been? We moved to Reno this summer, around 7 months ago, and I am now starting to look for a program for my son who will be 3 by this coming fall. I am still at home with him, so I too am not looking for a daycare set up, but that is mostly what I seem to come across. We are looking for something a few mornings/ week. Thanks for any info!

Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 PM

511 posts, read 291,782 times
Noah's Ark off Keystone is great. It's in an older building and maybe doesn't look like all the new places that have sprung up. Noah's Ark is not all about the bells and whistles, but more of a safe place for your kids to grow and play. It has been around forever, has a great reputation, and my daughter and I have made the best friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area