Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 05:48 AM

484 posts, read 854,807 times

Advertisements

billionaire who does a lot of off shore banking and owns a RE Firm i china, He was on Asian TV news and channel 2 news in the morning... said he just purchased 7mill worth of land and his plans are to build luxury homes for non American wealthy Asians from china who he plans on selling the homes to and help them and their staff aka maids butlers etc archive American Citizenship. He mentioned that it will be the Asian Invasion since most traditional families have several generations that live with them and wealthy Chinese had a Entourage of staff from PA's, Butlers, Maids and their family who will also set home here in N. Nv. He mentioned that Since Americans are not buying these low cost plots of land he feels this would be a great way to help Rich Chinese and their staff to achieve the American dream and also send their children and staff's children to school in the USA and also become American Citizens. he mentioned the average household will have approx 10 plus adults and children living in it and a separate staff house with approx 5 more. Depending on family size and staff size. He mentioned that this will also allow Wealthy Chinese to have more children in America were their are restrictions in China as to how many children you can have.

China-based real estate company buys numerous lots, land in northern Nevada for $7.4 million - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV

Old 09-30-2012, 02:32 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,783,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
billionaire who does a lot of off shore banking and owns a RE Firm i china, He was on Asian TV news and channel 2 news in the morning... said he just purchased 7mill worth of land and his plans are to build luxury homes for non American wealthy Asians from china who he plans on selling the homes to and help them and their staff aka maids butlers etc archive American Citizenship. He mentioned that it will be the Asian Invasion since most traditional families have several generations that live with them and wealthy Chinese had a Entourage of staff from PA's, Butlers, Maids and their family who will also set home here in N. Nv. He mentioned that Since Americans are not buying these low cost plots of land he feels this would be a great way to help Rich Chinese and their staff to achieve the American dream and also send their children and staff's children to school in the USA and also become American Citizens. he mentioned the average household will have approx 10 plus adults and children living in it and a separate staff house with approx 5 more. Depending on family size and staff size. He mentioned that this will also allow Wealthy Chinese to have more children in America were their are restrictions in China as to how many children you can have.

China-based real estate company buys numerous lots, land in northern Nevada for $7.4 million - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV
Very interesting, wonder what made him choose Northern Nevada. All of the cheap land I suppose.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01 View Post
Very interesting, wonder what made him choose Northern Nevada. All of the cheap land I suppose.

and no taxes

Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
and no taxes
Nevada does typically have lower taxes, but we still have property tax.

Just no income tax. Either way, although most of the comments appeared to be very negative I can only see it as a positive.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
It is really sick the way foreigners still see our culture as superior. Instead of the American Dream, what about the Chinese Dream, in China? These people see American TV in China, and think, "Wow, I want to go to America, and live just like them!" They see fantasy, and believe it as fact. It is also another reason we need to strengthen immigration laws. Their country has been ruined by overpopulation, and now our country is next. Asians would never allow an American investor to do the same in their country.

Last edited by 9162; 10-01-2012 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: split infinitive

Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Nevada does typically have lower taxes, but we still have property tax.

Just no income tax. Either way, although most of the comments appeared to be very negative I can only see it as a positive.
LOL what negative comments are you talking about lol..... you're the only one who has commented. not including anything after your last post.

Yes, NV does have prop taxes. these Asians are planning to become American Citizens in NV for income tax reasons for personal wealth and business.

They will compete with Americans for businesses , homes jobs etc.

China and Nevada sign investment agreement today in Phoenix

The Chinese Try to Harness the Nevada Sun - Businessweek

Chinese buy expensive U.S. homes

Last edited by Peerage; 10-01-2012 at 08:51 PM..

Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
LOL what negative comments are you talking about lol..... you're the only one who has commented. not including anything after your last post.

Yes, NV does have prop taxes. these Asians are planning to become American Citizens in NV for income tax reasons for personal wealth and business.

They will compete with Americans for businesses , homes jobs etc.

China and Nevada sign investment agreement today in Phoenix

The Chinese Try to Harness the Nevada Sun - Businessweek

Chinese buy expensive U.S. homes
I just meant in some of the other articles I was reading, but obviously that is not a significant representation of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is really sick the way foreigners still see our culture as superior. Instead of the American Dream, what about the Chinese Dream, in China? These people see American TV in China, and think, "Wow, I want to go to America, and live just like them!" They see fantasy, and believe it as fact. It is also another reason we need to strengthen immigration laws. Their country has been ruined by overpopulation, and now our country is next. Asians would never allow an American investor to do the same in their country.
It's not necessarily our culture they see as superior, but the opportunities that are available. In China you can only have one child, and can likely only afford a very small flat in a very crowded city.

I don't know much about the education system, but I am willing to bet it is much easier for the average student to attend university in America, not to mention that we are leaders in technology, healthcare, and many other industries. The USA has a looooooong ways to go before we become overpopulated. There is so much room here, especially out west.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
I just meant in some of the other articles I was reading, but obviously that is not a significant representation of anything.

It's not necessarily our culture they see as superior, but the opportunities that are available. In China you can only have one child, and can likely only afford a very small flat in a very crowded city.

I don't know much about the education system, but I am willing to bet it is much easier for the average student to attend university in America, not to mention that we are leaders in technology, healthcare, and many other industries. The USA has a looooooong ways to go before we become overpopulated. There is so much room here, especially out west.
[mod cut-- bickering]
I have to disagree with most if not all of your post about the other things you mentioned in your last post.

china is the leader in technology,

China: The New World Leader in Technology « Rich McSheehy's Weblog

America is last when it comes to Health care,

AFP: France is healthcare leader, US comes dead last: study

As per overpopulation in the United state.......

America is overpopulated: who is talking? | NowPublic News Coverage

Appears to me that Americans can learn a lot from the China Education System.

Comparing U.S. and Chinese Public School Systems: Strenghts and Weaknesses of Both Systems

Education in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by observer53; 10-02-2012 at 03:31 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
The USA has a looooooong ways to go before we become overpopulated. There is so much room here, especially out west.
This is not true. Our resources in many areas, specifically water is very limited. Most people want to live in specific places, which have overcrowding, such as any of the major metro areas in CA. NYC, Boston, Chicago, DC, Miami have seen significant increases in COL, and shortage of space. Most people don't want to live in many areas of this country, and many of those areas don't have jobs. Our country already has a shortage of good paying jobs. We should also not strive to destroy our natural landscape, which many developers would like to do. What is wrong with trying to preserve our country for future generations?

Overpopulation occurs when an area is populated too heavily for the available resources and the capacity of the environment. When an area is overpopulated, its population cannot be maintained without destroying nonrenewable resources and without affecting the carrying capacity of the environment (the earth’s ability to support current and future inhabitants). It also needs to be noted that Americans are accustomed to more room than any other modernized country on earth. Having a home (between 1400-2500 sq ft) on a quarter to half acre with two cars (which require fossil fuel) is typical.

Is overpopulation a problem in the United States?

The U.S. is the only major industrialized country still growing, and we show no signs of stopping. The Census shows we grew by 10 percent between 2000 & 2010--and by 68 percent the last 50 years! You can see evidence of the problem all around you--vanishing open spaces, water and energy shortages, soil erosion, and air pollution, as well as overcrowded schools, urban sprawl, and traffic congestion.

[/LEFT]

Last edited by 9162; 10-02-2012 at 03:03 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 09:09 PM

15 posts, read 26,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is also another reason we need to strengthen immigration laws.
I do not consider myself an expert on anything in this thread except for immigration, I wonder to what extent you are aware of the current immigration laws. You will never hear me disagree that immigration has to be controlled, but I can testify first hand that it's not easy to get in when going through the entire, legal way of migrating to the US.

It's not about strengthening the immigration laws, it's about applying them and fighting abuse and fraud. Many laws and regulations are just fine, but there is a universal incentive to try and cut corners and use loopholes.

On topic: perhaps an invasion of any kind of wealthy group would be a gift for the local economy ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area