Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM

19 posts, read 61,150 times

Advertisements

Im new to reno from eastern montana. Moved in up on redrock road north, in the ten acre lots.
First i have to say i love it here the people are freindly but not nosey, and theres a decent mix of culture.
We moved in in aug and love this mild winter and climate.
My question is. Is there anywhere along or near redrock rd to do some target shooting or any gun clubs in the area
And also judging from property layout and use of shipping containers could we have some survivalist,
Selfsufficiency type people.
I look at this as my new homestead and just need some info on my neighbors without getting too
Nosey.
Any info or history on the area would be helpfull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM

139 posts, read 409,054 times
Not sure where you are located are you near the Red Rock Road in Carson Moundhouse? there is a shooting range there that the sheriffs dept use and locals.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,295,255 times
Red Rock goes from 395 North into California, and back to 395. Behind the houses here in Cold Springs is a dirt road that goes all the way along the Petersen range and ties into Red Rock at it's Northern end. Guns may be fired anywhere in this area if you're 5000' from houses. Check it out on Google Earth. There's many roads all along Red Rock that can get you there. The mine you see to the left going home after the Asian temple is one. It's really a canyon over West most likely from where you are. 4wheel is recommended.
Glad to know -11 2 or 3 weeks ago is warm?

Old 02-02-2013, 05:02 PM

Default redrock

Thanks ill check it out this weekend. I gues i havent had the chance tocheck out the backroads
Alway worried about ending up in someones driveway.
Yeah minus 11 is pretty decent compared to the -30s and 40s in western nd this time of year
Thats without windchill factor and carries on for months some years though last year winter stayedaround
-10s@20s from nov through aprill

Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 AM

Id like to redact the word survivalist at the beginning of my post.
Too many people have made that word derogatory with their actions.
Just a few nut jobs and then youve got a witchhunt.
I hope im living amongst some fellow patriots.
God bless America and our men and women over seas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area