U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:09 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,781,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Finally getting to the bottom of things. This is sorta legal:
Typical, the code specifically says it's illegal to do this to parked cars, public property and vacant properties. Someone paid a city council stooge to craft this little exception.

My property is posted no trespassing so they are in clear violation. Still haven't been able to find out who's behind this, the businesses I contacted refuse to cooperate.. Kinda makes it hard to request they not do this.

Next step will be filling out 35 BBB complaint forms (I've already written a program to automate it ;-), whoever is doing this is acting as an agent of these businesses and if that's all I've got to go on..well that's all I've got. Not that I expect any results from this.

Eventually I'll catch someone in the act and find out who they're employed by.
Wow, seriously? Have you really got nothing better to do? How about putting those skills to use, volunteer at the local school or help adults learn to read or something. Pick up the stupid little bag of cards and throw it away. I think we used to get them once or twice a year, its not like its a weekly thing by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 07:31 PM

843 posts, read 1,829,442 times
How I spend my time is none of your concern. Feel free to accept littering on your property, I chose not to.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:52 AM

239 posts, read 719,186 times
It is no different than the phone companies dropping phone books on your driveway. You can not get them to stop. There are enough people who open the baggie and look at the businesses and actually call them that it must be cost effective for the businesses. I just throw it in the garbage can without looking at it.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 212david51 View Post
It is no different than the phone companies dropping phone books on your driveway. You can not get them to stop. There are enough people who open the baggie and look at the businesses and actually call them that it must be cost effective for the businesses. I just throw it in the garbage can without looking at it.
Yes you can get them to stop. Unlike this trash you can easily contact the company behind phone books. Send them a certified/return receipt letter advising them you do not want phone books and they stop. I haven't seen a phone book in years.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:32 AM

Also found this: https://www.yellowpagesoptout.com/

Old 09-26-2013, 01:44 PM

67 posts, read 171,921 times
Real simple solution let your fingers do the walking and call the number on the card ....tah dauh

Old 09-26-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson City View Post
Real simple solution let your fingers do the walking and call the number on the card ....tah dauh
There are over 30 cards, none of which are for the 'business' dumping this trash. I've tried contacting over a dozen of the businesses advertising in this manner and none will tell me who they pay to do this (for probably obvious reasons).

One would think that if this was a legitimate business they would have included their information along with is.. like the val-pak folks. That doesn't seem to be the case here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area