U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-15-2013, 11:13 PM

7 posts, read 4,087 times
Question Thanksgiving 2013 Reno/ Tahoe Suggestions?

We made the move to Reno this summer with our two young kiddos, and are looking for a fun idea for Thanksgiving this year. We had heard about the dinner overlooking Tahoe at Squaw Valley, but it's a little pricier then we'd like to pay. Any suggestions for something in the Reno/ Tahoe area that's yummy and fun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-16-2013, 09:03 AM

748 posts, read 521,626 times
This was our tradition for years:
Booked a room at John Ascuaga's Nugget in Sparks. They have a fabulous pool!
Thanksgiving dinner in the Rotisserie room buffet followed by an evening playing in the pool. The buffet is right around $25 per person, I am not sure about kiddo's but the food is good!

Unread 10-16-2013, 09:38 AM

17 posts, read 51,539 times
What kind of activities do you like? If we get snow before hand go skiing then out to a nice dinner harrahs tahoe has an awesome thanksgiving buffet and you have a fab view of the lake and sierras while dinning!

Unread 10-16-2013, 01:05 PM

679 posts, read 518,047 times
Indeed..need a better idea of what fun is to you.

Wife and I will probably go up to my Aunts place for a nice family potluck get together if the roads are clear, if not maybe out to the desert for some shooting and a picnic.... or take the trailer for some boondocking..

Unread 10-16-2013, 09:40 PM

7 posts, read 4,087 times
Love the Nugget and Harrahs suggestions! Our kids are still young, so skiing probably isn't in the cards, but any outdoor type activities/ traveling to Tahoe/ fun things around Reno/Sparks that are family friendly are all up our alley. Buffets for dinner sound good to us, since we're not big on cooking a large meal without any other family around to help eat it

Are there any holiday celebrations in town or at the lake that start that weekend that we should put on our radar? Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Unread 10-17-2013, 11:20 PM

748 posts, read 521,626 times
Sparks has a HomeTown Christmas Parade but I don't think it is until early December. We used to spend the weekend heading up North to Doyle, getting a tree permit and cutting down the annual Christmas Tree. We now live in TX, of all the things I miss, the annual tree hunt is at the top of my list.

There is usually a craft faire at the convention center also

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:29 AM

67 posts, read 46,601 times
Stay home an cook in your new home.. Personally I think its silly to eat turkey out that is jacked up in price for thanksgiving...

Unread 10-19-2013, 10:27 AM

187 posts, read 101,333 times
Maybe ice skating at the rink in downtown Reno. There's also the Discovery Museum downtown for kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area