U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 03:10 AM

1 posts, read 874 times

Advertisements

Ok so about 2 weeks ago my roommate lost his job because he lost his wallet and went to go cancel his **** with the bank and what not. He called in at his job and the GM said it was fine but then the general managers boss said hell no and he got fired. So now he turned in his 30 day notice and I owe him money for moving out. My apartment manager said that WE BOTH have to pay the 30 day notice...I'm like uhhh what the ****? When we moved in we agreed on all financial things that come up we would split equally. But for some reason my manager wants the person who's staying(which is me) to pay 3/4 of the notice while my roommate pays 1/4 of it. I think this is retarded. It's like I'm paying my roommate to leave. This mother ****er knows he can get unemployment but He thinks he's to low for it. But I'm like bro if you get unemployment you can buy yourself some time to get another job. But he doesn't wanna do it. So due to how my money is he paid the whole month of May (which was the 30 day notice) and now he says I owe him money. Personally I need the money more than he does. He already said he can stay with his sis for as long as he needs. And he strikes me as the kind of guy that would try to take me to small claims court but with what money? for the court to take the claim he has to pay money for them to take it. No think that since he is moving out the agreement we had goes out the window. My manager already has the money. But I don't wanna owe my roommate. What should I do? The place is month to month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area