Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 785 times

Advertisements

Hey there as the titles says, I will be moving to Reno, NV after this Summer. I currently live in Las Vegas, NV and will be obtaining my Associates Degree - Science this semester in order to transfer to UNR. I will be wanting my own place such as an apartment. I know most apartments up there average around 600 to 700 dollars for a one bedroom. My question is how much should I save up to take up there, and how long would you think it would take me to find a job. I know this highly depends on me, but maybe someone here can offer some insight on the best places to look for jobs. I really do not have much work experience and I am not working at the moment, but I do plan to start looking for jobs as soon as school lightens up a bit. Again my question is how much money do you think is a reasonable amount to move up there?

Thanks a bunch,
Robert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 11:24 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZobert View Post
Hey there as the titles says, I will be moving to Reno, NV after this Summer. I currently live in Las Vegas, NV and will be obtaining my Associates Degree - Science this semester in order to transfer to UNR. I will be wanting my own place such as an apartment. I know most apartments up there average around 600 to 700 dollars for a one bedroom. My question is how much should I save up to take up there, and how long would you think it would take me to find a job. I know this highly depends on me, but maybe someone here can offer some insight on the best places to look for jobs. I really do not have much work experience and I am not working at the moment, but I do plan to start looking for jobs as soon as school lightens up a bit. Again my question is how much money do you think is a reasonable amount to move up there? Thanks a bunch, Robert
My son went to UNR and the college hires students, so you might look into that. You should look on padmapper for apartments, it has a map view so you can see which ones are close to the campus. It has never been 'easy' to get a job in Reno but if you aren't picky you should be able to find something within a few weeks. Without experience you will probably be looking at retail or food service jobs, check craigslist and some of the other job sites like indeed.com. You should probably try to bring first months rent plus security deposit and enough cash for food and utilities for 6-8 weeks at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
View detailed profiles of: