U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 07:34 PM

245 posts, read 479,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Besides some in downtown, I don't see them anywhere else.
I saw tons of them in Northwest Reno, by the Staples and Pizza Plus there. One was just lying on the grass by the curb in November!

And there was some riff raff POS at 12:30 AM last night who was on a residential street in Carson City yelling at the top of his lungs "Trump! USA! USA!". He woke everyone up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 09:16 AM

179 posts, read 233,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mileena View Post
And there was some riff raff POS at 12:30 AM last night who was on a residential street in Carson City yelling at the top of his lungs "Trump! USA! USA!". He woke everyone up!
This type of behavior makes sense to me based on what I've read in a good book about people's drive to feel important. Someone who has little going for them will tend to look for easier, less honorable means of getting that power kick (yelling out their support of a political fascist, in this case :-p).

Old 11-14-2016, 01:56 PM

294 posts, read 235,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post

Has anyone challenged these restrictions on food serving? They had a similar policy in Daytona Beach for years, and the religious groups challenged it in court and won their case, citing that is was freedom of religion and generally protected free speech. Now these groups have to register w/ the county and have a schedule, but some don't and simply go serve food, since they did win the court case.
Yes, this has been challenged multiple times and part of the "problem" is the feeding location is close to newly opened businesses. One of the proposed solutions is to do them at an earlier time like 4:30pm. But ultimately, the city is treating this as if taking away the food source will make the homeless population disappear.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:38 PM

179 posts, read 233,460 times
I decided on Reno; early impressions are good :-)

Old 11-14-2016, 08:09 PM

245 posts, read 479,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochcol View Post
This type of behavior makes sense to me based on what I've read in a good book about people's drive to feel important. Someone who has little going for them will tend to look for easier, less honorable means of getting that power kick (yelling out their support of a political fascist, in this case :-p).
At least now I know why this type of behavior occurs! Thank you a very intellectual explanation.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:58 AM

294 posts, read 235,277 times
There's a discussion taking place at UNR tonight if anyone is interested:
RISE Public discussion of homelessness set for Thursday

Quote:
What: A Panel Discussion on Homelessness in Washoe County
Where: UNR, William J. Raggio Building, Room 2003
When: Thursday, November 17th at 6:00pm
Why: Reno is home to thousands of houseless individuals, most of whom have been offered no solutions. As the housing market in Reno becomes increasingly restrictive, houselessness will only increase. As a city, we must address this issue immediately and with our full attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or