U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 07:06 PM

6 posts, read 7,518 times

Advertisements

I've been living on Delucchi Ln for about 15 years now (right across NV ENERGY/Sierra Pacific) and its been great, unfortunately our home owner is selling the property and wants us out in about 30 days. We never had issues living here, really a good community and they are condominiums (individually owned) I kinda regret now that I didn't buy few years back when several units were up for sale.

Moving on here are some apartment areas I found and I am not sure how safe the place are:

1. Jamaica Ave (right across the mall sears) the area seems to be chill, its close to Pine middle school, the area seems to be quiet and it feels the safest of the three, plus the car garage is right under the unit.

2. Meadows II Apartments (4300 Neil Rd, Reno, NV 89502) its right there, the area had a bad reputation, I heard break ins and shootings around the area, not in the apts, just around the area. Any idea how this place has been over the last few years?

3. The Meadows Condominiums (East, 1465 E Peckham Ln) right next to the Meadows II condominiums, area looks good, the area is well kept, it is gated except one of the gates is always open, but I hear the rent is reasonable and the house are decent sized.

I've been paying about $850 for 2 beds 1 bathroom, been happy in the area, so my max budget is to stay under 1k since I plan to look into buying within the next year or so.

My main concern is, how safe the areas that I listed above are, and which one would be the best.

I'm leaning towards the Jamaica condo over the other two because its further away from the "ghetto".

Any input from people that lived around or on those areas I'd appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 06:15 PM

340 posts, read 483,651 times
I don't live in those areas, but suggest checking out the free app, myRPD, sponsored by Reno's police dept. Although some people on this forum don't seem to approve of it, I think it works well to show all of the reported incidents (see the tab for 'area incidents') in any given area on a map. You can move the map or zoom in for more detail. It's a quick and efficient method for finding the most crime-free areas in town.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:11 PM

Awesome, thank you for the info! Very helpful!
I found another property at Smithridge, bigger, but I am not too happy that it doesn't have AC, and heating it electric, I called NV Energy and the power bill is a bit high, plus with this property its cheaper the rent, at $900 3 beds 1 and 1/2 baths, very spacious, but it seems like its being repainted and the carpets being replaced.

But the house looks a bit beat up, especially the appliances, whoever stayed there stabbed the damn refrigerator it appears lol.
Those apartments also I hear they have problems with roaches/mice/ants...

Old 04-07-2017, 03:53 PM

340 posts, read 483,651 times
You could look at the area around McCarran and Talbot, Lakeside and Plumas - those are fairly safe areas. Lake ridge east and west, or aspen ridge apts are in good areas but I'm not sure of their prices.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:09 AM

I moved to the Meadows Condominiums at the beginning of the month and love it. The owner is very nice, the whole community is nice. We had some issues getting DirecTV guys to install the dish on the roof fascia, so I had to hire a contractor to do it, who I might add did an excellent job, DirecTV ended up reimbursing me the cost of what I had to pay the contractor to get the install done.

Overall its a nice house, its a big house for 2 beds 2 baths, 1063 SQ FT. Plus it has a huge storage room upstairs next to the master bedroom, which can be used as a big walk in closet.

The only knock is some of the appliances such as the dryer and refrigerator had issues, the refrigerator kept freezing my food, but the home owner sent an appliance guy within a day to get that sorted out, took 2 visits to get it fixed, but it was fixed within couple days.
The dryer is a stacker, kenmore, washer/dryer combo, it takes a while to dry and the lint net is so small, I was surprised lol, half the lint goes back into the clothes....and sometimes I have to dry stuff twice. Probably something I'd have to talk to the landlord later.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:03 PM

336 posts, read 382,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfeet View Post
I don't live in those areas, but suggest checking out the free app, myRPD, sponsored by Reno's police dept. Although some people on this forum don't seem to approve of it, I think it works well to show all of the reported incidents (see the tab for 'area incidents') in any given area on a map. You can move the map or zoom in for more detail. It's a quick and efficient method for finding the most crime-free areas in town.
Thanks for the tip

Checking out Reno and the surrounding area to relocate after selling our home, any tips on wonderful communities with reasonably priced homes on lots 1/4 acre or larger?

Many, many thanks...

Old 06-23-2017, 12:59 AM

139 posts, read 159,049 times
What's your definition of reasonably priced?

I have the median prices and median lot sizes here by neighborhood:

Reno/Sparks Real Estate Report by area

Old 06-23-2017, 01:43 AM

336 posts, read 382,197 times
Thanks, but after a cursory review of the plus/minuses of Reno today, we've already ruled it out.

FWFS

Old 06-23-2017, 10:45 AM

75 posts, read 102,101 times
Aspen Ridge is old and horribly expensive - you are going to pay at least $1250 base rent for a two bed. Add in $70/ per month for water/sewer/trash and that gets you over $1300. Not sure what the one bed/den goes for. The units are built in the 1970's and it seemed like they had no insulation. They - like many apartments now - required mandatory renter's insurance. The office staff is also inept.

I've lived in a few more areas but they are probably way out of the price range you mentioned.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:12 AM

2,530 posts, read 1,608,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post
Thanks, but after a cursory review of the plus/minuses of Reno today, we've already ruled it out.

FWFS
Where are you now and where are you thinking about moving?

What would be your criteria?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or