U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 PM

6 posts, read 17,038 times
Default Semi-Pro Football

I will be moving to the Reno area in a few months for a new job and I was just wondering if there were any semi-pro like football teams around. I'm graduating from college and I played college ball so i was hoping I could continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 04:42 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,999,020 times
There is a rumor that they may build a small arena at the legends at sparks marina, and they may get an Arena Football team. Other than that I am not aware of anything.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:58 AM

3 posts, read 9,812 times
There is a huge flag football tournament this July being hosted by GladiatorAthletics.com. I know of a lot of former Nevada Wolfpack players entering and they are really good and competitive. That's about all I know.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:45 AM

1 posts, read 4,119 times
Default Let's create a team....

We could create a team in Sparks/Reno. I am sure we could find sponsors to pay the fees and we just have to do some advertising. I am moving to the parks area in Nov2010 and have a couple years of Semi-Pro football in. I played for the Bellingham Bulldogs in the (NAFL League) and I think we could get into that league, we just need to get bodys and see if it is something that will work? There is also a NV and CAL league that is pretty good too. But the NAFL is all across the US I think they have 72 teams this year. And the Championship game is in either TX, Lousiana, FLA, Cali... Just an Idea... Let me know what you think with your posts!!

- J Whit

Old 05-20-2010, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,864 times
That would be awesome if we could get a semi-pro football league going in Reno or Sparks. I played high school ball as an undersized guy and would like to see if i can prove myself more against full on grown men even though i am barely leaving high school. So J whit reply to this and lets try to get something working cause i know some guys who would love to make a league.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,778 times
I would be very interested in playing if this league comes around I am a former O lineman and right now I am 6 foot 6 and 265 but could easily get up to the 300 again when I played. Please contact me with more information [email]bigpumps73@gmail.com[/email].

Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,398 times
Hey i"m also an undersized player but I was the best at our high school. I would love to play though. So if something gets together let me know.

Last edited by observer53; 01-07-2013 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: deleted email address--

Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,889 times
Did you guys get anything going? Were a Semi-Pro team in Colorado and are looking to travel to play another team! Would love to put something together!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,952 times
Reno silverbacks!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,064 times
did u guys ever get anything goin? i played high school ball but had a knee injury and couldt finish out but my knee is better and im bout to move to reno and would love to play ball ugin i was a hawk backer and a tail back/wide out but would like to change my position to quarter back so i dont re injure my knee ugin im 5 ft 10 and i way 150 hit me up if you guys have a team my name is luke

Last edited by observer53; 01-07-2013 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: don't post contact info-- people can contact you by direct message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area