Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 AM

226 posts, read 1,005,012 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where to purchase Colt 45 Malt Liquor at in Reno. I used to drink this beer all the time in Omaha but I havent been able to find it at any stores here in Reno

Hell, while im at it I need to know where to purchase Ortega Taco Sauce (not salsa)... Wal-mart doesnt even carry it here but in Omaha they do... thats weird. And also some Famous Dave's barbeque sauce would be nice too but I doubt any store here carries that seeing as there aren't any Famous Dave's Restaraunts out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 05:50 PM

154 posts, read 988,780 times
Regarding Colt 45, have you tried Ben's Liquor? If they don't have it in stock they are usually pretty good about special orders.

As for Dave's BBQ Sauce, I haven't seen it around here, but you can always order it online:
Famous Daves Online Store | Product Catalog (http://www.c-els.com/sfCatalog.asp?sn=E092620051822161&pchid=70248 - broken link)

FWIW, you can always try a new sauce (I know it's not the same). The Sparks Farmers Market has a decent selection and there are usually quite a few at the Best in the West Rib Cookoff which takes place late in the Summer.

Sparks Hometown Farmers Market
Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off: The Best and Biggest Rib Cook-off in the West! :: Reno / Sparks, NV :: www.nuggetribcookoff.com

As for Ortega Taco Sauce, I swear I've seen it before. Have you tried WinCo (Northtowne or South Virginia) or King Ranch Market (Wells Ave.)? Both have a vaste and diverse selection of Mexican food, spices, sauces, etc.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:16 PM

151 posts, read 703,051 times
We discovered the same thing in regard to Ortega sauce after moving here from WI last summer. I believe I found some at Scolari's in Lemmon Valley. We can't find Open Pit BBQ sauce here either, but we did find a great Hawaiian BBQ sauce at Raley's!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:20 AM

Update I found Colt 45 in 24 oz cans for $1.19 (not an outrageous price) at the 7-eleven thats a block west of my apartment, lol...

The whole time I was looking in grocery stores and Walmart and stuff and it was right here at the closest convenience store...

Reno is getting better and better for me...

We also found medium Ortega Taco Sauce at the Sak N Save on Plumb!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:53 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,397,044 times
You guys are too funny, am I going have to bring my favorites with me thinking that it may not be available in Reno.

Here in Alaska we always thought the moving to the REAL WORLD we will have all products that weren't available up here to us, but now it's looking like we have as much or more available up here than the small town of Reno and our population is only 300,000 folks. Too funny I'm gonna love it, can't wait to make the move

Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
You guys are too funny, am I going have to bring my favorites with me thinking that it may not be available in Reno.

Here in Alaska we always thought the moving to the REAL WORLD we will have all products that weren't available up here to us, but now it's looking like we have as much or more available up here than the small town of Reno and our population is only 300,000 folks. Too funny I'm gonna love it, can't wait to make the move
You most likely will be able to order the stuff you want online... We're on food stamps because we have a kid and don't make that much money, so we wanted to buy stuff in the stores so we can use our foodstamps (you can't use them to buy food items online). But a lot of stuff, especially if it is a regional thing are hard to find in other markets...

I was suprised as hell to see Featherbones (like Applebee's riblets) at Winco (An awesome low-prices grocery store here in Reno) because I actually read online that Featherbones are pretty much an Omaha thing but they are sold at Winco as "Riblets" they are a little thicker though but still Featherbones!

And you guys have to try Ott's Wing Sauce, you can order it @ Ott's Foods-Famous Salad Dressings - It is the best buffalo wing sauce ever, it is so good... It's made by a small company out of Missouri and def. not carried in the Reno market...

I fry up chicken wings with no batter in hot Canola oil until they are a golden brown then I throw them in a big pot and douse them with Ott's Wing sauce on Med. heat for like 10 mins and OMG they are the best effing wings this side of the Mississippi lol... Seriously though, better than WingStop IMO!

Old 05-09-2008, 02:29 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,397,044 times
We have family in Chico CA they sent us LeRoys spicy hot dipping sauce out of Orville, tried to order through a local store here in Anchorage but they wouldn't even give us the time of day. On our last trip to visit family we picked up a case, so all is good.

We will be moving up to Lovelock and are very excited about the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area