Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 01:13 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,689,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyTruth View Post
Answer: Yes along with less mature ones that are 1 to 3 inches. The largest is a female that seems to 'rule' over the others that come into the 'territory' She has lived here for 3 years now. The behavior of the females in terms of spraying is different than the males: the females are more precise in immobilizing their prey/the spiders that come in by using much less spray that comes out more often as a smaller squirt or mist vs. the males that are forceful and 'buddy up' with one 'tapping' the 'buddy' when it is time to unload on the insect they are about to catch and eat!
If you've had one of the bugs for 3 years it doesn't bother you enough to do something about it...otherwise it would already be gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 02:18 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,168,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
If you've had one of the bugs for 3 years it doesn't bother you enough to do something about it...otherwise it would already be gone.
Yeah, no kidding!

I suggest a 'Size 12 Introduction to the Principles of Physics'.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:09 PM

7 posts, read 23,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Yeah, no kidding!

I suggest a 'Size 12 Introduction to the Principles of Physics'.
We tried many things including, yes, pesticides (outside barrier/perimeter spraying of the house AND strategically sprayed pesticides applied as per instructions within the house to minimize exposure) which due to husband's Dr.'s advising he avoid them as much as possible due to Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam is going 'AMA'/against medical advice. Between this and neighbors all having the same problem is why this discussion thread was started because sometimes others may have a solution that we have not tried yet!
PS: We've tried catching them, but they are extremely quick & much faster than Scorpions which is amazing!
PPS: Any finding this thread long after the date of posting it who has any solutions (including methods of capture, natural oils that are better deterrents than Bay Leaf or Cedar oil for example etc.)not mentioned so far, your ideas are always welcome!
Thanks!

Old 03-13-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyTruth View Post
We tried many things including, yes, pesticides (outside barrier/perimeter spraying of the house AND strategically sprayed pesticides applied as per instructions within the house to minimize exposure) which due to husband's Dr.'s advising he avoid them as much as possible due to Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam is going 'AMA'/against medical advice. Between this and neighbors all having the same problem is why this discussion thread was started because sometimes others may have a solution that we have not tried yet!
PS: We've tried catching them, but they are extremely quick & much faster than Scorpions which is amazing!
PPS: Any finding this thread long after the date of posting it who has any solutions (including methods of capture, natural oils that are better deterrents than Bay Leaf or Cedar oil for example etc.)not mentioned so far, your ideas are always welcome!
Thanks!
If you can't figure it out I'm afraid you'll have to move.

https://www.wikihow.com/Kill-a-Scorpion

Old 03-17-2019, 12:35 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,168,241 times
Comedy Gold.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:35 PM

759 posts, read 810,266 times
Omygosh...I have lived in Northern Nevada my whole life and didn't know these creatures existed....what the heck?????? Wow!
Scorpions I have seen, but what the heck is this thing and they live IN your house and WHAT?!?!?!

Old 04-03-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT View Post
Omygosh...I have lived in Northern Nevada my whole life and didn't know these creatures existed....what the heck?????? Wow!
Scorpions I have seen, but what the heck is this thing and they live IN your house and WHAT?!?!?!
I think one of them ate the OP...

Old 04-04-2019, 02:13 PM

759 posts, read 810,266 times
I would probably burn my house down then live with a bunch of these things in my house. I usually try ‘no kill’ on some pests and then go all kamikaze if they don’t go away I.e. mice, ants, wasps, skunks and things you can’t always ‘coexist’ with. Tarantulas get a pass, gopher snakes are great after you jump and scream and realize not a rattlesnake. Love lizards, bunnies, quail. Bobcat and mountain lion in grarage? Turn lights on before let dogs out, no cats or small dogs anymore. Deer and wild horses? Get used to plants chewed on. Skunks trap and remove. But these creatures sound like a kamikaze trigger.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:55 AM

629 posts, read 533,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT View Post
I would probably burn my house down then live with a bunch of these things in my house. I usually try ‘no kill’ on some pests and then go all kamikaze if they don’t go away I.e. mice, ants, wasps, skunks and things you can’t always ‘coexist’ with. Tarantulas get a pass, gopher snakes are great after you jump and scream and realize not a rattlesnake. Love lizards, bunnies, quail. Bobcat and mountain lion in grarage? Turn lights on before let dogs out, no cats or small dogs anymore. Deer and wild horses? Get used to plants chewed on. Skunks trap and remove. But these creatures sound like a kamikaze trigger.
I just looked them up what they look like... holy crap!

glad I have never and hopefully will never see one of those massive freaks!

Old 11-12-2019, 06:16 PM

3,841 posts, read 4,489,672 times
Is this for real? Sounds like an Urban legend. I mean, if a bug "sprayed" me with anything I'd be living somewhere else until they're gone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
View detailed profiles of: