Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 04:26 AM

9 posts, read 23,823 times

Advertisements

We are considering a move to Reno and were wondering about schools. One of our children has hi-functioning autism. We're wondering what kind of reputation Nevada schools have for children with special needs. Any other input re: community acceptance, resources, etc. would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 09:24 AM

25 posts, read 80,652 times
Hello there!
My son attends a school here in the Reno area for Aspergers & High Functioning Autism. It's absolutely wonderful, totally changed our lives.
I know we're not allowed to advertise here so I'm going to send you a direct message here with links and my phone number.
Our school was just on the news last week, I'll also send you the link to that, we were all VERY excited.

Kristen

Old 10-16-2011, 02:12 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadamamabear1972 View Post
Hello there!
My son attends a school here in the Reno area for Aspergers & High Functioning Autism. It's absolutely wonderful, totally changed our lives.
I know we're not allowed to advertise here so I'm going to send you a direct message here with links and my phone number.
Our school was just on the news last week, I'll also send you the link to that, we were all VERY excited.

Kristen

Very nice!!!!

Old 10-16-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

Very nice!!!!
I feel like I live on mars!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 05:04 PM

197 posts, read 509,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadamamabear1972 View Post
Hello there!

Kristen

So glad you are able to share and help!!! That is what this board is all about : ) great work!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmctee View Post
So glad you are able to share and help!!! That is what this board is all about : ) great work!!!
Thank you, I'm so excited to share info about the school! I cannot say enough GREAT things about The Newton Learning Center, the staff and other parents are all like family to one another.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:00 AM

9 posts, read 23,823 times
Thanks for the info NMB1972. I'll be checking out the info you passed.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,844 times
Default Desperately searching for help for autistic grandson!

I am new at this, so I am not sure I am doing it right. My grandson is 4years old and has what psycologists have called possible autism spectrim. My daughter is waiting for a diagnosis from the UCAN institute at UNR, so that he can be helped with his specific needs. She is going through the process of waiting for her turn. In the meantime, we feel like our little boy is slipping. Does anyone have any suggestions about what we might do in the meantime? Would you be willing to talk to us about this and your experience. I read the thread from nevadamamabear1972, and would very much appreciate your input. We are at a complete loss.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 AM

I just sent you a private message here

Old 02-09-2013, 04:36 PM

41 posts, read 62,514 times
Saw this post and I'm in the same boat. Any advice on where to live so my kid can go to a local school with programs for autistic kids. Mine is in the HF range snd should be mainstreamed. Any advice would be very appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area