U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 02:09 PM

61 posts, read 243,991 times

Advertisements

I'll second the vote for Murietta's. I've been to the one in Sparks a few times and the food has always been very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 AM

171 posts, read 700,478 times
Chinese - Peony @ Robb and Mae Anne
Breakfast/sandwiches - Peggs downtown and at Robb and Mae Anne
Burgers - Mels in the sands, or Peggs.
Indian - Indian Kebab and Curry, South Virginia. $7.99 all you can eat buffet can't be beat.
Sushi - Nothing really great, they all are OK.
Mexican - Bertha Mirandas on Mill is about as good as it gets. Mexican does not translate into fast restaurant food very well. Baja Fresh is the best fast food mexican though.
Pizza - Mountain Mikes is always a good bet.
Tastes good, but will probably kill you - Bullies. Actually there are a lot of really good food in the local sports bars.
Buffet - Atlantis is good, if you can stand the hordes or retards. Haven't been there since some Cali gang-banger "tough guy" asked me where he could get a "Choppa".

Old 06-05-2008, 08:32 PM

6 posts, read 35,550 times
Wow, I've been in Reno 10 years and never heard of some of the suggestions (guess I ought to start exploring) but here is my list:

Pizza- Eclipse (Mayberry and W. McCarran)
Burgers- Silver Peak on the river
Chinese- China Dynasty Bistro (California)
Sushi- Francis' Asian Bistro (Caughlin Parkway)
Mexican- Buenos Grill (Mayberry and W. McCarran)
Fine Dining- Sezmu (Mt Rose St)

Old 06-07-2008, 11:00 PM

4 posts, read 16,481 times
Pizza - a little place off of keystone .. Pizza Baron
Burgers - in sparks but worth it ... Scoopers
Chinese - Palace De Jade
Mexican - Bertha Miranda’s or El Edobe Cafe
Italian - by far the best La Familia

Old 06-11-2008, 12:10 PM

791 posts, read 2,688,939 times
I haven't lived here very long but here are a few of my favorites.
~ Super Burrito
~ The Stone House
~ Pegs Ham & Eggs
~ Johnny Rockets
~ Red Lobster (this one's the nicest I have ever been in)

Old 06-16-2008, 12:43 PM

19 posts, read 61,301 times
Pizza - Big Apple on McCarran in Sparks, great NY style pies and wonderful owners.
Burger - Awful Awful in the little Nugget on Virginia or Double-Double at In-and-Out.
Sushi - None really stand out...Spanish Springs Sushi is suitable and close.
Mexican - None. I grew up in New Mexico and nothing here even comes close. Burritos at Buenos Grill are tasty, though.
Breakfast - Pegs
Italian - La Famiglia by the Sienna.
French - Beaujolais Bistro on West. Only been once, but had a wonderful dinner.
Contemporary - Not many choices, but Sezmu stands out.
BBQ - BJs on MacCarran in Sparks. Good, spicy BBQ sauce and smoked meat.

Now I'm hungry.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:28 PM

154 posts, read 902,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by estevanker View Post
Contemporary - Not many choices, but Sezmu stands out.
FYI.....

LuLous & Bistro 7 (formerly Ciao) are also good choices.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 PM

15,756 posts, read 33,347,829 times
Default Here you go guys...

A real food critic loose in Reno...

News 88.9 KNPR - Nevada Public Radio - Food for Thought

Bon Appetit...

Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,811 times
Thumbs up Best resturaunts in Reno

I agree with a lot of the choices here. I am an avid resturaunt goer and amateur critic so here we go.

Pizza- Pub N Sub makes the best pie in Reno for sure (especially for the price) but it's greasy, thin and can give a healthy college student a heart attack in minutes so if that's your jam than the Pub is the place. If you're into the fancier, healthier and heartier pies than Blind Onion is the spot but it's expensive... almost too expensive. As for anyone that claims Black Rock Pizza they can go swallow a black rock for their two cents. That place is slow as molasses, bad service and it will require a refinancing of your house to eat their but if that's alright with you the pies are pretty good.

Mexican- It has always amazed me, with how many straight over the fence border-jumpers we have here, how few good Mexican resturaunts there are to choose from in Reno. But there is one and it is as good as any in San Diego, but it's traditional Mexican food, not any of that California Burrito sludge people try to pass off as Mexican. What is this wonderful place? Beto's. Try the sopes, their amazing. I used to build homes in Ensenada and these are exactly what we ate everyday there. NAILED IT!!!

Sushi- I used to swear by Woo Chon's in So Reno by the Toys R Us but it's under new management and after 10 years of being a Woo Chon guy, I am sad to say I am no longer. Hiroba Sushi is pretty incredible and the staff ROCKS!!! But they are not the best, the best I've found is actually in Sparks- Ijji Sushi and they have all you can eat muscles that are scrum-diddly- umptious.

Steak Houses- To be honest this is the one area I have yet to secure a Jackpot in Reno, Sparks or Carson. There are a few that are okay but nothing like an Alexander's in San Jose. Okay here we go, Bricks is probably the best... if you don't mind paying $40 for a slightly better than Cattlemen's steak. Besides that, if you want good steak at a good price, I am actually becoming a fan of Red Lobster again. I know it sounds cheesy but I stopped going for about 15 years and then went again 2 years ago and have been back a few times since. They have really turned a new leaf. If someone can point me to a steak house in Reno that serves prime Kobe dry aged steaks I would be grateful.

And that's all I have time for tonight. Hope someone gets something out of the 20 minutes I just wasted not looking for a resturaunt to go to tonight.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:57 PM

9 posts, read 12,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNRUGGER20 View Post
I agree with a lot of the choices here. I am an avid resturaunt goer and amateur critic so here we go.

Pizza- Pub N Sub makes the best pie in Reno for sure (especially for the price) but it's greasy, thin and can give a healthy college student a heart attack in minutes so if that's your jam than the Pub is the place. If you're into the fancier, healthier and heartier pies than Blind Onion is the spot but it's expensive... almost too expensive. As for anyone that claims Black Rock Pizza they can go swallow a black rock for their two cents. That place is slow as molasses, bad service and it will require a refinancing of your house to eat their but if that's alright with you the pies are pretty good.

Mexican- It has always amazed me, with how many straight over the fence border-jumpers we have here, how few good Mexican resturaunts there are to choose from in Reno. But there is one and it is as good as any in San Diego, but it's traditional Mexican food, not any of that California Burrito sludge people try to pass off as Mexican. What is this wonderful place? Beto's. Try the sopes, their amazing. I used to build homes in Ensenada and these are exactly what we ate everyday there. NAILED IT!!!

Sushi- I used to swear by Woo Chon's in So Reno by the Toys R Us but it's under new management and after 10 years of being a Woo Chon guy, I am sad to say I am no longer. Hiroba Sushi is pretty incredible and the staff ROCKS!!! But they are not the best, the best I've found is actually in Sparks- Ijji Sushi and they have all you can eat muscles that are scrum-diddly- umptious.

Steak Houses- To be honest this is the one area I have yet to secure a Jackpot in Reno, Sparks or Carson. There are a few that are okay but nothing like an Alexander's in San Jose. Okay here we go, Bricks is probably the best... if you don't mind paying $40 for a slightly better than Cattlemen's steak. Besides that, if you want good steak at a good price, I am actually becoming a fan of Red Lobster again. I know it sounds cheesy but I stopped going for about 15 years and then went again 2 years ago and have been back a few times since. They have really turned a new leaf. If someone can point me to a steak house in Reno that serves prime Kobe dry aged steaks I would be grateful.

And that's all I have time for tonight. Hope someone gets something out of the 20 minutes I just wasted not looking for a resturaunt to go to tonight.

Thanks for this. Glad you got this thread going again. Was thinking about starting one before we moved. I will add as I can when we get up there. We did try the Atlantis buffet...was very good. Tried a couple of the DDD places and the food was pretty good as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or