U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 PM

19 posts, read 61,231 times

Advertisements

Fallon, NV cancer cluster - 30 minutes from Fernley. Abnormally high tungsten levels present in the water and urine, leading the CDC to recommend the National Toxicology Program of the National Institutes of Health to begin reviewing existing literature and to begin toxicologic research of tungsten and tungsten compounds to determine their potential link to cancer in humans.

Cancer Clusters: Fallon Cancer Study: Home | CDC HSB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,005 times
Default Arsenic in water - Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEWY12 View Post
I am considering moving to this area but have been reading about high arsenic levels in the water. Does anyone have any info about this? Also, anyone who lives in this area, how do you deal with this problem?
Thank you, Chewy 12

Take a look at our website, [url=http://www.Renoh2o.com]Steam Distilled Water-RenoH2o[/url], we offer solutions for Arsenic.

[email]Sales@Renoh2o.com[/email] - 775-345-4084

Old 12-10-2011, 01:36 PM

27 posts, read 27,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEWY12 View Post
I am considering moving to this area but have been reading about high arsenic levels in the water. Does anyone have any info about this? Also, anyone who lives in this area, how do you deal with this problem?
Thank you, Chewy 12
Water here is very bad, officially recommended that people with auto immune disorders DO NOT USE the city water. There is a law passed that people with wells can not use them, must only use city water, then they say you shouldn't use the city water either.

High Arsenic and bacteria levels are normal. Absolute minimum standards are maintained. We use bottled water. Big cover ups here about the water due to the dependence on tourists. I suggest you have your own water tests done, they NEVER match what the official reports are, always much, much worse.

Not to mention the Bond Debt Assessment fees they've passed on to homeowners recently.

The water treatment here failed the quality tests every year til 2011, but was never fined, always got extensions. I had the same concerns as you before we moved here, contacted the water plant and city officials personally, they didn't even know what tests they were supposed to be doing, didn't know where the past tests were, nor who to contact to assess them. I bought a house with a well, not knowing about the law that said I couldn't use it, even though the city water couldn't pass - sigh.

Today, in Fernley we also have a very high sulphur (rotten eggs) smell in the water.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 476 times
I grew up in Fernley now that I am 39 I have IBS, Diverticulosis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic infections, seizures, migraines, a calcified spleen, a barely working liver, a nevus growing insidemy left eye's retina on a vein, and I lost my gallbladder and appendix before the age of 32. My sister has Hashimotos disease. I feel like I have been sick my whole life. My advice, but bottled water and get out of Nevada.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:44 PM

101 posts, read 224,570 times
Get tested for Celiac Disease!
I too was sick my whole life until 1982 when a gastroenterologist diagnosed me with Celiac & Hashimoto's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area