Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 03:34 PM

13 posts, read 113,383 times

Advertisements

I might buy a house off the city grid for water/sewer services and was wondering what having well water/septic tank was like in Washoe county.

Has their well ever run dry? Cost to have a new well drilled? Cost to replace water pump? Cost to have septic tank emptied there? etc

I live in Oregon so have never had well problems(drying out) but I've never lived there(Washoe) and wanted feedback on the matter.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,739 times
Default Well water/septic tank experiences from homeowners

Watch out here
Wells do run dry or should I say sucked dry by over development
Washoe county sucked all our wells dry in upper Lemmon valley. then they spent millons on putting in a water system and now expect people to pay $20,000 and up to hook up to washoe county water and then pay high useage rates.
The cost for deeping a well will run 10,000.00 to 20,000. But you can't do it if there is water in the street. Some communitys got lucky and pay a recharge fee of about 20 per month.
Septics are not bad I had one replaced $5200. but the seller paid half. Getting it pumped out every 2 to 5 years is not a bad idea. There are chemicals you can put in evert month or so. Some say if you do you never have to get a pump out.
Bruce McKay is you best bet for a well test and Waters is the best for a septic test. Both tests a wise to get and will run about $1000.00 for everything. A good realtor who knows her stuff when it comes to water and septic issues is Sue Geer 775 722-6038. Or you can contact me and I will help you [EMAIL="terryplys@yahoo.com"]terryplys@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area