Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 05:37 PM

52 posts, read 213,109 times

Advertisements

Let's play Las Vegas vs Reno...2 seasons vs 4 seasonsBig City vs Biggest Little CitySnows every couple years vs Snows every winterMt Charleston Skiing sucks vs Some of the best skiing aroundthere are some examples lets keep it going...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 08:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmiley View Post
Let's play Las Vegas vs Reno...2 seasons vs 4 seasonsBig City vs Biggest Little CitySnows every couple years vs Snows every winterMt Charleston Skiing sucks vs Some of the best skiing aroundthere are some examples lets keep it going...
You are beating a dead horse. The only thing shared is the same State. Otherwise nothing in common. Anyone happy in Reno can't stand Las Vegas...those who have found a home in Las Vegas have no interest in Reno.

With the new change in the Senate we can now cross Reno off the useful list. Next we elect Goodman Governor, move the State Capital to Kyle Canyon and have 95 cut just above Beatty.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 PM

173 posts, read 979,584 times
I lived in Vegas for 8 years. I've now been in Reno 5-6 months... Vegas was great when I was in my 20s. I partied, and on my days off, I took my horses, that I kept in town, out for a lot of awesome rides. But I kinda outgrew it, and grew a little tired of the toasty summers and a surplus of grumpy people, spent a few years in Elko, and now I'm in Reno. I've met some of the nicest people here. ACTIVE people. Fun people. I found a great job, and a fun little city. I do everything I love here. So far, so good.
I can't diss Vegas, it's just not meant for me anymore.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:46 AM

171 posts, read 765,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You are beating a dead horse. The only thing shared is the same State. Otherwise nothing in common. Anyone happy in Reno can't stand Las Vegas...those who have found a home in Las Vegas have no interest in Reno.

With the new change in the Senate we can now cross Reno off the useful list. Next we elect Goodman Governor, move the State Capital to Kyle Canyon and have 95 cut just above Beatty.
Ugh, ain't that the truth.

Edit: Wait, olecapt??? Do I recognize you from somewhere? NVHTF?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:12 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
My original plan was to move to Reno when I left Phoenix. I stayed there for only one month. I suddenly found out how bad the job market was compared to Phoenix. Although I found the city to be very beautiful, I did not like the snow and found it boring even compared to Phoenix. I ended up heading to Vegas to try to live there. I ended up finding work and I have been happy here ever since.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:58 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
My original plan was to move to Reno when I left Phoenix. I stayed there for only one month. I suddenly found out how bad the job market was compared to Phoenix. Although I found the city to be very beautiful, I did not like the snow and found it boring even compared to Phoenix. I ended up heading to Vegas to try to live there. I ended up finding work and I have been happy here ever since.
I take it you aint an outdoors person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area