U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:50 AM

6 posts, read 11,751 times

Advertisements

I heard that is Reno 6 month snow and 3 months very cold and 3 months mild?

is that true?

What do Reno's people wear usually?

If you can give a pics around you now it would be appreciated :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 04:56 AM

197 posts, read 460,757 times
This past winter has been the worst that I have experienced in 4 yrs. Very cold lots of snow an very gloomy. I am now planing on moving to SoCal. It's May 7 and for the last couple of nights it has been dropping to the low 30's and a few wet snowflakes. Last August, it started snowing and getting cold in Tahoe.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:35 AM

2,014 posts, read 4,846,579 times
Reno winters a mild compared to most of the north half of the country.
Driving down from Truckee to work in Reno was like going to Florida, Reno was always comparatively balmy.
It gets snow, but not much.
10 degree days are very rare.

Summers are darned hot, to those of us who did not grow up in Hot Country. I tried very hard to avoid going to Reno in the summer, but, then Reno is not as hot as the Central Valley or Central Nevada, or the south half of the country.
There is little humidity, which makes for a tolerable dry heat, and Truckee and the lake are just a few minutes away.

Fall and Spring are generally pleasant in Reno.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:11 PM

6 posts, read 11,751 times
Thank you very much PAS36BH and Clarks for helping. Appreciated

Old 05-25-2010, 05:42 PM

369 posts, read 973,327 times
Reno's weather is nice, overall... this year has been really odd though... However the previous 4 years I have lived here... it snows in the winter (not tremendous amounts but enough to shovel SOMETIMES)... and with the exception of this year... it is usually still sunny during the winter, it is FREEZING, but sunny... Spring is usually nice... this year this week to be exact, we are 20 degrees BELOW normal... but it's supposed to be 79 Sunday that's more like it. In the summer it is HOT... 90s. whoever told you it was mild who knows... I mean it isn't HUMID so maybe that's what they meant. the dry heat is much better than the humid heat, but its still not pleasant all the time, except the evenings are real nice in the summer. I think our warm weather lasts through October sometimes, and other years it starts snowing in October. you really never know here in the high desert.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:51 AM

205 posts, read 534,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAS36BH View Post
This past winter has been the worst that I have experienced in 4 yrs. Very cold lots of snow an very gloomy. I am now planing on moving to SoCal. It's May 7 and for the last couple of nights it has been dropping to the low 30's and a few wet snowflakes. Last August, it started snowing and getting cold in Tahoe.

The weather has been weird this year all around. I am in CA and I can't remember this much rain since the 80's.
Global warming, El Nina, and The Rain Forest effect is taking a toll on weather everywhere... not just Reno.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:21 PM

I don't know if the term would be "taking a toll", but, Global Warming, or Climate Change, or which ever term you chose, does not mean that when it snows, that shows global warming is bogus, etc. contrary to the odd ideas of a particular political spectrum in this country.

If you consider "global warming" as climate on steroids, all extremes are possible, and in some areas no extremes, but the great variety of weather across the globe in the past few years are indicative that wide weather variations are becoming more frequent, which will happen as the ocean warms.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:24 PM

1,817 posts, read 5,963,073 times
Windy.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:26 PM

14 posts, read 26,487 times
I just moved here in January and I hate it. It is windy EVERY day, and some days the gusts are enough to blow your trash cans half way down the block. I don't even want to sit outside on my porch. I don't know how it "normally" is here, but since January, I have maybe seen a handful of truly "nice" days. I am thoroughly disappointed.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:00 AM

My first guess, is that you live up behind the the safeway on West McCarran? Great kite country. Good working weather too, unless you are a roofer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area