U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
66 posts, read 158,429 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by infohousing10 View Post
So after i receive my choice letter i have another interview? Did they give u the choice of the complex u wanted or what they have available and u pick from that list? I was told that there is a deposit of $25 plus your first month is this true?
If you had a interview before you get the choices of development you probably won't need another interview, but that also depends on how long ago was the interview. In my case, I first received my choices and then got an interview. They just gave me apartments that were available. I had a option to take it or to be put back on the waiting list. As of the security deposit, I am unsure of. If it is $25 then that would be great, I hope it is but I got a feeling it's the same amount of the rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2010, 08:52 PM
 
Location: brooklyn
78 posts, read 168,109 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSUPERMOM View Post
If you had a interview before you get the choices of development you probably won't need another interview, but that also depends on how long ago was the interview. In my case, I first received my choices and then got an interview. They just gave me apartments that were available. I had a option to take it or to be put back on the waiting list. As of the security deposit, I am unsure of. If it is $25 then that would be great, I hope it is but I got a feeling it's the same amount of the rent.
I went in for the first interview in july 2010.. just submitted paper for general application...birth cert, ss etc.. i never saw a complex choice. so i guess that is my next step ....housing said they are in the processes of mailing me that letter as i called on Friday for another update. how long have u been waiting for a apt? how many bedroom are they giving u? i looked up bay view for what Ive heard it not a bad area..a little out the way but descent... i would like redhook, altantic or gowanas. sheepshead and nostrand would work too as i heard they are the better choice as far as in brooklyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
66 posts, read 158,429 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by infohousing10 View Post
I went in for the first interview in july 2010.. just submitted paper for general application...birth cert, ss etc.. i never saw a complex choice. so i guess that is my next step ....housing said they are in the processes of mailing me that letter as i called on Friday for another update. how long have u been waiting for a apt? how many bedroom are they giving u? i looked up bay view for what Ive heard it not a bad area..a little out the way but descent... i would like redhook, altantic or gowanas. sheepshead and nostrand would work too as i heard they are the better choice as far as in brooklyn
Yea after you get your choices and mail it back, housing will send your application to that development and you should get a letter that they received your application and for you to come view the apartment.
I called housing last week and they told me my app was sent to bay view so now I'm waiting for them to contact me! I can't wait! They are giving me a two bedroom, I have two little boys. Next month it will be a year since housing had my application. What about you how long have you been waiting? Do you know how many bedrooms you will be getting? Did you only requested apts in Brooklyn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 AM
 
25 posts, read 64,201 times
Reputation: 20
[quote=NYCSUPERMOM;16880924]Well, I got a letter stating I qualify for a apartment at two developments in Brooklyn in July. Either marlboro or bay view houses. In October, I had my interview and I had to choice one out of the two, I picked bay view. Now I'm waiting for them to contact me so I can view the apartment.[/QUOTE

How long in total did it take to process ur application. I'm waiting for the landlord part to process, they've started that going on 1 week and a half now. I already chose a development from the start threw an outreach letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
66 posts, read 158,429 times
Reputation: 22
[quote=jcordero1423;16900384]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSUPERMOM View Post
Well, I got a letter stating I qualify for a apartment at two developments in Brooklyn in July. Either marlboro or bay view houses. In October, I had my interview and I had to choice one out of the two, I picked bay view. Now I'm waiting for them to contact me so I can view the apartment.[/QUOTE

How long in total did it take to process ur application. I'm waiting for the landlord part to process, they've started that going on 1 week and a half now. I already chose a development from the start threw an outreach letter.
I had my interview in October. I called last Tuesday to check my status and was told my application was sent to the development. So I guess it took about a month to process the application and sent it to the development. When was your interview? What development did you choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 AM
 
Location: brooklyn
78 posts, read 168,109 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSUPERMOM View Post
Yea after you get your choices and mail it back, housing will send your application to that development and you should get a letter that they received your application and for you to come view the apartment.
I called housing last week and they told me my app was sent to bay view so now I'm waiting for them to contact me! I can't wait! They are giving me a two bedroom, I have two little boys. Next month it will be a year since housing had my application. What about you how long have you been waiting? Do you know how many bedrooms you will be getting? Did you only requested apts in Brooklyn?
I started everything in jan 2010 but was denied the first time. .. i submitted a second one in April of this yr and was called again in july. They are offering me a 1 bedroom as i have a little girl under 6 (5 now) but ill apply for a 2 bedroom after she is 6. I requested Brooklyn and Manhattan. I see a lot of people are get bay view as a choice so we may be neighbors hopefully soon they will get to me.. as my background and landlord are completed. looks like u are half way in the door to your own place..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
66 posts, read 158,429 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by infohousing10 View Post
I started everything in jan 2010 but was denied the first time. .. i submitted a second one in April of this yr and was called again in july. They are offering me a 1 bedroom as i have a little girl under 6 (5 now) but ill apply for a 2 bedroom after she is 6. I requested Brooklyn and Manhattan. I see a lot of people are get bay view as a choice so we may be neighbors hopefully soon they will get to me.. as my background and landlord are completed. looks like u are half way in the door to your own place..
You are almost done as well! It would be nice to move in by the new year, but as long as it comes quickly I will be happy! Good luck to you and let me know when you get your choices. Did they say how long it would take to receive it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 07:02 PM
 
Location: brooklyn
78 posts, read 168,109 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSUPERMOM View Post
You are almost done as well! It would be nice to move in by the new year, but as long as it comes quickly I will be happy! Good luck to you and let me know when you get your choices. Did they say how long it would take to receive it?
well they put the ok in on oct 26 just have to wait for them to mail it out the choices.. they told me a few weeks three weeks ago and i have called every week since then and nothing has changed.. I will keep u posted keep me posted when u move in.... a new year in a new place does sound great do you know if they make u wait to the first of the month to move in or whenever a apt is ready u move in? when do they tell u how much your rent will be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2010, 02:07 PM
 
Location: brooklyn
78 posts, read 168,109 times
Reputation: 15
I called today for an update and they are now mailing out my choice letter hooray.. Once i get ill let you know my choices to pick the "better" of the two...hopefully it is the ones I prefer will keep my fingers crossed..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 AM
 
Location: brooklyn
78 posts, read 168,109 times
Reputation: 15
I received my choice letter and from what I have I am choosing Ingersoll anyone know about this complex?I know it is downtown in fort green
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top