Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM

44 posts, read 243,605 times

Advertisements

yes i did..i had my interview september 22, im currently undergoing a background check which takes 3-4 weeks.ill keep u posted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 06:08 PM

66 posts, read 330,444 times
Ok great! Good luck!!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcordero1423 View Post
yes i did..i had my interview september 22, im currently undergoing a background check which takes 3-4 weeks.ill keep u posted
Where do you stand now? Did you receive anything from them yet?

Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 AM

44 posts, read 243,605 times
[quote=NYCSUPERMOM;16657956]Where do you stand now? Did you receive anything from them yet?

nothign yet and its going on a month and a half. all they keep saying is that there waiting for my criminal background results to come back and receive informaation from my landlord. to me there moving slow, but they did say 3 months or less to here back from them.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Yea, they are moving pretty slow. I had called to check my status and they also told me that the papers that were sent to my landlord are still pending. That was sent back to them almost a month now. I guess it depends on the development you select, there's a lady who had her interview in October and saw her apartment a few weeks later after the interview, and now she is ready to move in. That is the quickest I have ever heard of. But, on the bright side, like you said "3 months or less" I sure can't wait! Good luck to you!

Old 11-30-2010, 02:49 AM

98 posts, read 390,608 times
I am not sure of the steps to get into housing but I had my interview back in july i sumbited my papers and was told that the background check and landlord paperwork was completed. I called housing two weeks ago and they siad the paper work for my choice letter will be sent out which i am waiting on. After the letter is recieved what happens next will i be moved into my choice right away or will i have to do another interview...I am hoping to move in by jan 1 am i jumping the gun in thinking this will happen so fast?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infohousing10 View Post
I am not sure of the steps to get into housing but I had my interview back in july i sumbited my papers and was told that the background check and landlord paperwork was completed. I called housing two weeks ago and they siad the paper work for my choice letter will be sent out which i am waiting on. After the letter is recieved what happens next will i be moved into my choice right away or will i have to do another interview...I am hoping to move in by jan 1 am i jumping the gun in thinking this will happen so fast?
Did you already choose a development? If so, then you will be moving very soon. It also depends on the development you choose. Smaller developments are harder to get in to and of course, the ones in the city. But, once your application is at the development of your choice, the development will contact you when an apartment becomes available. I am in a similar situation as you. I called housing this morning to check my status, and was told my application was sent to the development, which is a good sign! Just be prepared, you will never know when they will contact you. Good luck

Old 12-04-2010, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSUPERMOM View Post
Did you already choose a development? If so, then you will be moving very soon. It also depends on the development you choose. Smaller developments are harder to get in to and of course, the ones in the city. But, once your application is at the development of your choice, the development will contact you when an apartment becomes available. I am in a similar situation as you. I called housing this morning to check my status, and was told my application was sent to the development, which is a good sign! Just be prepared, you will never know when they will contact you. Good luck

no i havent choosen a develpment yet i am waiting to reiceve the letter. how long did u wait to recieve your development choice? which developments did they give u a choice from?

Old 12-04-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infohousing10 View Post
no i havent choosen a develpment yet i am waiting to reiceve the letter. how long did u wait to recieve your development choice? which developments did they give u a choice from?
Well, I got a letter stating I qualify for a apartment at two developments in Brooklyn in July. Either marlboro or bay view houses. In October, I had my interview and I had to choice one out of the two, I picked bay view. Now I'm waiting for them to contact me so I can view the apartment.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSUPERMOM View Post
Well, I got a letter stating I qualify for a apartment at two developments in Brooklyn in July. Either marlboro or bay view houses. In October, I had my interview and I had to choice one out of the two, I picked bay view. Now I'm waiting for them to contact me so I can view the apartment.
So after i receive my choice letter i have another interview? Did they give u the choice of the complex u wanted or what they have available and u pick from that list? I was told that there is a deposit of $25 plus your first month is this true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting