Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:12 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,624 times

Advertisements

In Texas it is legal to be served at work. I've been served at work before so I know it's legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,902 times
Thanks for some suggestions, I gave tennent 2 months notice to move out cause I needed to move back in. She stopped paying rent and stayed another 2 months without paying rent and no fowarding address. If I can't get her in court I think I can at least report it to the credit bearu as an uncollectable debt and mess up whatever credit they have for awhile. She was a tennant at will no lease.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,406 times
I evicted my tenants, took them to small claims court and won. Now I have to collect the money. He doesn't work but she is employed but I don't know where. I have her SS# and DL#. How do I find her employer so I can garnish her wages?

Old 01-28-2014, 03:27 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Holter View Post
I evicted my tenants, took them to small claims court and won. Now I have to collect the money. He doesn't work but she is employed but I don't know where. I have her SS# and DL#. How do I find her employer so I can garnish her wages?
Did she ever write you a check? I'm pretty sure you can put a lien on her bank account. Might be the easiest thing to do. Talk to your bank about getting images of checks you deposited.

Is there any info on her employer on the application?

Not sure, otherwise. You could hire a PI. Might be cheaper to just give it to a collection agency. Check that out, if the lien on the bank account doesn't work.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,406 times
Thank you. I heard that if you put a lien on the checking account, and yes, I have a copy of one of her checks, she will just change banks. That is why I need her employer

Old 01-28-2014, 04:40 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
How do you know she'll change banks?

Why not take the easier, softer way? Try the bank first....

Is this about getting your money or wrecking her life at her job? I'm not above revenge, just wondering...

Old 10-08-2014, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,936 times
How do I collect the judgement amount that I've won against my Ex-Tennants

Old 10-08-2014, 02:22 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avisulami18 View Post
How do I collect the judgement amount that I've won against my Ex-Tennants
The website of the court which issued the judgment should provide that information, or go down to the courthouse to speak to the clerk who'll tell you the procedure.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:29 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Send it to a collection agency. it's a valid debt and let them chase them down. Why spend the time and effort for nothing. Let someone else do it. Any money you get is more than you would ever see chasing them in court.
Can't go to a collection agency. He has to have a judgement to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I thought it might be illegal to serve them at work. I will find out. I believe I read that it is illegal for a debt collector to bother them at work. But that may not apply to being served.
Hey CptnRn
You can serve them at work. I have done it in California. I used a service that basically did everything for you including setting up the small claims court date. They set up the file, do the search, serve them ( found out later they served them at work) and file the court papers, I think it cost me $300. But all I had to do was show up at my court date.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
E4you, new question tacked on to old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting