U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Status: "Lady-Bug got Spayed today! Now she is a sh-it LOL" (set 2 days ago)

8,077 posts, read 16,235,750 times
Guess you Only posted your thoughts Without Reading All the other posts! Makes My statements much clearer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 05:46 PM

17 posts, read 17,187 times
Default Section 8 Low Income Housing

Interested in moving to San Diego or Orange County California but so far I have not heard anything positive. I live in Dallas, Texas and I am currently on disability and I visited California and liked it. I would have to be on low income housing because of my income but I have checked out threads on low income housing and I have not read anything positive yet. What areas are nice to move in with low income housing? I don't do loud music or anything just looking for a nice place to stay and be comfortable.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:02 PM

We need more information! Tho I think be best to post in the area You want to live in! There is Senior Housing [ Some do & Some Dont take Disables] Family [for other singles & kids] Some places [tho not in my area] Seem to have Single Family Section 8 homes.....Then what I live in is Section 8 Apts [meaning out of 100 apts 10 are for Section 8]! Some only allow 1 Dog or 1 Cat ....Some only allow Service Animals! So think about all this & post in the State & Local Forums you plan to move in! GOOD LUCK

Old 02-07-2011, 06:36 PM

3,980 posts, read 4,852,283 times
Smile Being observant

I applaud the OP for being observant. When something happens in a neighborhood, neighbors are asked "why didn't you....?" - that's what the police are for and once written up, there's a record of it.

It does not sound like the Section 8 screening process is very thorough at this time.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:13 PM

4,651 posts, read 2,533,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Guess you Only posted your thoughts Without Reading All the other posts! Makes My statements much clearer
No....it really doesn't. Sorry!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:18 AM

BendleBee POSTED.....When he moved out he put something in the sink and let the water running and the court had ruled he had until a certain date before moving out and she only could go in after that date. Meanwhile the neighbors underneath had the water coming through the ceiling...and he left a cat which was found 2 weeks later, without water or food.

I SAID....Ok seems to me the Cat had Tons of water! IF its ture about leaving water run! MY O MY what contridictions!!

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?? How can the Cat NOT have Water IF the Sink was Running Over...duh!! AND the Judge was Dumb for Not catching That!!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:30 PM

13,504 posts, read 24,628,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I applaud the OP for being observant. When something happens in a neighborhood, neighbors are asked "why didn't you....?" - that's what the police are for and once written up, there's a record of it.

It does not sound like the Section 8 screening process is very thorough at this time.
Section 8 "Screening" is predominately income based...

Applicants must meet income/asset requirements according to age, family size and disability if applicable.

HUD also mandates criminal screening to weed out those with a record of drug convictions to enforce it's zero drug tolerance policy.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:01 PM

6,608 posts, read 6,629,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
BendleBee POSTED.....When he moved out he put something in the sink and let the water running and the court had ruled he had until a certain date before moving out and she only could go in after that date. Meanwhile the neighbors underneath had the water coming through the ceiling...and he left a cat which was found 2 weeks later, without water or food.

I SAID....Ok seems to me the Cat had Tons of water! IF its ture about leaving water run! MY O MY what contridictions!!

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?? How can the Cat NOT have Water IF the Sink was Running Over...duh!! AND the Judge was Dumb for Not catching That!!
Well katie (do you HAVE to scream!!!! every post btw?) perhaps the cat was shut in a room away from the running sink?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 2,613 times
Well said.... But I think your taking it a bit far. So let me get this right. So If I see you hand something through the window of a car to a friend of yours I should take down the plate # to report to the police just to be on the safe side? Oh or should I come over and knock on your door and say.. (I live next door and want to let you know that I sell CD's and Custom programs and may be running out to a car every day or so to give them it but please don't be scared.) That's crazy talk. Heck if the people that lives around me did that a cop would be here every few days for nothing. Someone peeking out a window is bad? I do it all the time. If I had lived by you I would be pretty upset with you for wasting my time the polices time and scaring the heck out of my kids. Everywhere things get stolen and it's the kids we live by most of the time. It's good to be safe but really... almost sounds like your making the problem. Sorry I can't justify your actions.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,369 times
i am looking for a a decent home for my two kids and i am stuck with a low voacher i have a my max is 750 for a house and all bills paid 1000 i really can not find a 3 bedroom for that amount in the north side if any one knws of a place pls let me knw thank u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting