Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:58 PM

55 posts, read 251,329 times

Advertisements

I had one potential rental couple with kids offer the full year of about $13000 up front 4 ish months ago. I have never had that happen before and it kinda made me leery of them just cause it was so off the wall. I thought how could they trust a stranger with all of that money and thought surely I was getting swindled somehow. I dont remember if I didnt choose them or if they never called back cause they choose somewhere else.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:01 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
I'd be really leary of someone offering the entire year in advance. They might turn out to be the nitpickiest, naggiest, other tenant terrorizing tenants from hell. Pay me each month. If you can't remember to do it, set it up with your bank online for autopay.

Also, OP, if you are receiving SSDI, I don't know why paying in full up front is such a good idea.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:27 AM

5 posts, read 123,790 times
The only point I'm trying here is that....

There is no such LEGITIMATE, LEGAL or any other word that applies to denying a person to rent paying upfront.

It is ENTIRELY at LL's discretion. Which is I guess....CRAP!

In all it just seems LL want to spend those $THOUSAND$ and not have to worry about paying it back.LOL. DON'T JUDGE US PPL WHO HAVE $$$ shooting out $12000 in one bulk. LL's are so quick to jump to conclusions about ppl. I guarantee if law passed that LL's could keep the monies and with no penalties LL's who bee flocking back to us cash smashers. Its all about the Benjamins baby, LL's just mad they can't freely spend'em!

Old 08-13-2011, 06:39 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,630,802 times
If you have all the money to pay up front, just put it in an account, set up billpay to auto pay the rent a couple days before the due date each month, and forget about it. This way you can even make a little interest off that money instead of the landlord. Why would you insist on paying up front when landlords on this thread have explained why they don't enter into such arrangements?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,678,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I just want 2 rent View Post
There is no such LEGITIMATE, LEGAL or any other word that applies to denying a person to rent paying upfront.

It is ENTIRELY at LL's discretion. Which is I guess....CRAP!

In all it just seems LL want to spend those $THOUSAND$ and not have to worry about paying it back.LOL. DON'T JUDGE US PPL WHO HAVE $$$ shooting out $12000 in one bulk. LL's are so quick to jump to conclusions about ppl. I guarantee if law passed that LL's could keep the monies and with no penalties LL's who bee flocking back to us cash smashers. Its all about the Benjamins baby, LL's just mad they can't freely spend'em!
Your last statement contradicts your other statements!

if the LL may be barred by state law from accepting advance payments, or advance payments are considered security deposits, or its treated like tenant decsretionary payments, or.... How is that up to the LL when the law is whats saying no can do?

Yu seemed a bit pissed at the LL without understanding the laws they must operate under. Another dumb whinny bozo......

Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,922,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I just want 2 rent View Post
There is no such LEGITIMATE, LEGAL or any other word that applies to denying a person to rent paying upfront. It is ENTIRELY at LL's discretion.
That's a legitimate reason.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:23 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Thread has run it's course...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting