Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 10,845 times

Advertisements

My condo tenant is planning to move out in September and is looking to either go with a month to month or 6 month lease. The current lease is set to expire at the end of March.

Currently both the unit and parking leases are in alignment (both ending in April). I like how this is set up as it is easy to keep my dates aligned.

Here are a couple of concerns/challenges:

- My parking is being leased by another user who is willing to go with a 12 month lease at the current going rate.

- What are the opportunity costs with renting it out to a new renter now vs. in September? (Market supply vs. Tenant Demand in those two time frames?)

- How much of a risk would it be to lease both parking and unit out for the same timeframe (6 months) and just have the parking renew at that time again with a slightly higher lease?

- I'm unsure about my current situation where it is an option for me to either move in there or stay where I'm currently at (another condo which I own in the Near West Side) This is fairly flexible.

- Are there any other factors I'm missing out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 01:02 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
I never do month to month, only yearly leases and if someone insist then they will have to pay a way higher rent for going month to month...

I don't want to deal with every month waiting if they will stay or move.

So far I only had people renewing againand again until yesterday after 2 years my tenant told me they have to move due to changes in their personal life and I'm helping them find a new place.

There is a shortest to rentals in this area so the rental business is good over here, although in some places you see signs up in the yards from private LL who often are in financial trouble...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting