Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times

Advertisements

I talking about 2 bedroom. Another is being moved out of as I write this! I been told by the Maintaince guy its been rented! So that now makes 3 in price range! As for my aditude how do I give her any as I dont see the LL. She comes in M-W-F Sometimes! I dont bother her she dont bother me! I pay my rent on time! I bacisly keep to myself. The few times I seen her she tells me yes she knows we want a 2 bedroom & will let me know! NOT IF there is a problem/reason why dont she tell me? BTW LL is actually Apt Mgr! & yes she done transfers for others!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,680,385 times
I have to ask to clarify, are you in some form of regulated apartment where there is a criteria for lease payments and apartment size? Also can you just clarify, you signed a lease on a one bedroom but now would like a 2 bedroom, is that correct? How long was the lease?

Old 04-26-2011, 02:36 PM

2,059 posts, read 5,748,544 times
Sounds like she is trying to give you a hint if you ask me. I wouldn't want the hassle of a tenant who would bring in a lawyer to get a different unit either.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,668,829 times
As far as I know the LL is not under any obligation to give you a 2 bedroom.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 PM

858 posts, read 1,807,305 times
Very strange situation as I think the 2 BR are more money than the 1 BR, why would them want to keep you in the 1 BR?

Are the 1 BR more difficult to rent? So they want to keep the 1 BR tenant and rent the 2 BR to others?

I know the LL has no obligation to give her a 2 BR, but if she has requested it several times and it's a good tenant I can not understand why a 2 BR hasn't been offered to her.

OP Have you talked directly with LL/Apt Mgr and told her you want a 2 BR in your price range ASAP, asking her directly why one hasn't been offered to you before being advertised? Keep asking or find a more suitable place.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:50 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,631,710 times
This makes no sense. There must be something you are not telling us.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 AM

30 posts, read 81,658 times
I was in a somewhat similar situation recently. The boyfriend and I rented a 1 bedroom for 6 months, thinking that we would be leaving the area after the end of the lease. We decided to stay and talked to the managers that because we were staying, we wanted to upgrade to the recently available 2 bedroom both for the space and to lessen the noise we hear fron the street that are bedroom faces. We were 3 months into the lease at the time.

We were denied because it would break our lease. I was completely floored. Twice before I had upgraded mid lease with no problems before, but apparently here it was an issue. "If we do it for you, we'll have to do it for everyone." Well, that would be the nice thing to do, right? To keep good tennets happy? It's not like we were wanting to leave. The complex has about 25 units and it's a rare turnaround.

I was POed, but our lease is almost up now.

As for the OP, I would move. If she doesn't want your money, go to someone who does.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Here you Have to except a 1 bedroom & wait for 2 bedroom! No matter how many in your family. But each time they had 2 bedrooms since I requested one. They rented to walk-ins! In Feb we signed out lease for another yr [so this is our 3rd yr here] & again she said no problem when she gets a 2 bedroom its ours!! Then the Maintaince man came & fixed our comode and asked why we did take the apts.... I didnt even know people had moved!! I maybe disable But I Dont watch my neighbors!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:21 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,475,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Here you Have to except a 1 bedroom & wait for 2 bedroom! No matter how many in your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Well We have lots of Vac apts & no wait list! Tho I think thats going to change as they canged pet rule! Now allow 2 pets!!
Wait, so which is it? Is there a waiting list for 2 bedrooms or is there not? How do you know that the people who got the other 2 bedrooms were walk ins? Just because they didn't already rent in the complex doesn't mean they haven't been waiting for a 2 bedroom longer than you. Maybe they were on a waiting list. Maybe your name is 6th on the list, and they haven't gotten to you yet.

I think there is more to the story than what we are hearing here. I think it is very likely there is more to the story than you are understanding.

I seriously doubt that they make people live in a 1 bedroom if they want a two bedroom. Sounds like there almost for sure is a waiting list on the 2 bedrooms.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Just talked to the LL [again] Since there was no one wanting transfers She gave them to the next person walking IN. Since I emailed Corp about it ... I am to get the Next 2 bedroom & they will lower the rent IF it is not already a HUD Next that she knows of is in June Lawyer called got an appt in 2 weeks to talk to her about this. Now I got several neighbors asking her WHY None can figure out why we are even in a 1 bedroom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting