Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:10 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,749,316 times

Advertisements

Some folks violated their CC&Rs by replacing carpet with laminate or tile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,858,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
How would they know what room you went to?

hidden cameras, duh!!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:22 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,418,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
How else would you explain it? They stomp above my head in one room, I go to another room and a minute later the noise follows. I think they can hear that I turn off my radio in the living room and go to the bedroom. They do it on purpose.

Plus I finally find out what the rolling sounds are. It's a big home theater TV on wheels that is rolled around a small living room along old flooring with practically zero insulation between us. The neighbors roll it around past midnight without a care in the world. Such considerate people..
Oh dear me. So you finally DID move out of the landlady-with-a-cat-and-son-and-her-being-on-the-deck-in-her-robe routine and found another place which seemed OK and then this current new place which obviously doesn't suit led to your looking for a new place with a roommate which you lately posted about and is all about how that can't work because she's a free spirit and questioned your button-down collars and so much else. It's all quite flabbergasting.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:46 PM

924 posts, read 2,222,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh dear me. So you finally DID move out of the landlady-with-a-cat-and-son-and-her-being-on-the-deck-in-her-robe routine and found another place which seemed OK and then this current new place which obviously doesn't suit led to your looking for a new place with a roommate which you lately posted about and is all about how that can't work because she's a free spirit and questioned your button-down collars and so much else. It's all quite flabbergasting.
It seems you're confused STT. When did I say I moved out?

Old 05-19-2011, 10:04 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,418,810 times
Quote:
It seems you're confused STT. When did I say I moved out?
Mea culpa. You have such a litany of issues on different threads that it's hard to keep track. My profuse apologies for my confusion. I understand now that you're still living in the place which for many different reasons doesn't suit you and are seeking something else into which you can move which will better suit your lifestyle and finances. Good luck!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:33 AM

914 posts, read 4,432,378 times
Quote:
How else would you explain it? They stomp above my head in one room, I go to another room and a minute later the noise follows. I think they can hear that I turn off my radio in the living room and go to the bedroom. They do it on purpose.

Plus I finally find out what the rolling sounds are. It's a big home theater TV on wheels that is rolled around a small living room along old flooring with practically zero insulation between us. The neighbors roll it around past midnight without a care in the world. Such considerate people..
Our last upstairs neighbors were like this. They were psycho. I'm sorry.

I had a noisy, pacing downstairs neighbor once. We lived in a building where the downstairs had hardwoods and the upstairs had carpet. I think she got stood up for dates, or something. On Friday night she'd sometimes pace back and forth in her hallway in high heels from about 10:00 to midnight, and it would echo loudly through both our apartments. She was an odd duck, that one.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:13 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,442,831 times
I am a pacer. Thank God no one lives below me. Sorry.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,618 times
I love my apartment community and the town i'm in. Love my apartment for what I pay every month. But thanks to both my downstairs neighbors AND my roommate, I haven't slept in like 2 weeks. Roommate (which I guess just goes to show you never really know a person till you live with them) is one of those 'first time living on his own and has no social awareness or consideration for others'. I've had neighbors complain and I always get stuck as the one to apologize and then relay it to him after almost every night usually between 10 and midnight, as he rolls around the floor getting my dog worked up before bed, or walking around for one reason or another (very heavy footed and for god knows what reason doesn't take his shoes off in his own home which is really weird), and everytime he talks it's really loud. Everytime I talk to him about it, he gets mad at me stating he lives here and pays rent so why should he have to consider the neighbors and storms off to bed because "well if they don't like it, then i'll just go to bed and be completely silent". It makes me look bad because neighbors have stated that it sounds like we have parties almost every night when usually at that time, I'm in my room trying to get homework done or sleeping because of my class/work schedule.

On the other side of things, my neighbors directly below me once complained after I made the first move and went downstairs to apologize. It was almost right after I first moved in, I introduced myself and kindly explained my situation and said I didn't want them to think it was me and that I didn't want to get off on the wrong foot. He replied by saying that he and his girlfriend live in the apartment and that they have classes in the mornings so if we could just try to keep it down and stop with the 'stomping' that they hear. I apologized and told him that I would talk with my roommate and that I know how he feels and that if he's ever being too loud (since he won't listen to me) please feel free to anger him by pounding on their ceiling through our floor or even come upstairs (our balcony leads right down to their backyard) and talk with him.

So I thought I had at least settled that score only to realize that those neighbors EVERY night of the week (Sunday night through the following Sunday morning), from about 11pm until nearly 5 in the morning about 10 or so people are either out back screaming and laughing while the people inside their apartment have the music so loud my furniture shakes. Between my roommate and the neighbors every night I constantly find myself in the middle of a noise battle while trying to get in just an hour or so of sleep so i'm not dragging the next day at work or school.

I've tried talking to both sides and neither will budge. I've called the cops and all they do is explain that it's an issue for the apartment management. So I talk to the management and nothing is done because for some reason nobody else around us is complaining.

Thankfully my roommate may be moving out at the end of the month (because he's a 24 year old man who would much rather live at home with parents than to live on his own and accept a little responsibility). At least hopefully that'll make my other neighbors realize that it has been him this whole time after it quiets down up here.

FTR before anybody asks; my dog is small and very quiet and timid until those late night hours when my roommate decides to wrestle around with him. Once the roommate gets him all worked up, it takes me an hour or so to calm him down and get him to stop running and jumping. Any other time, he's extremely well behaved.

Also, I would give anything to move somewhere quieter as I had no idea this was going to be an issue when I first moved in, but unfortunately I'm stuck on the lease for another 8 months. I currently live in a small Florida college town and recently moved down here from Pittsburgh and even up there I've never had this much trouble with noise.

Last edited by alkeys05; 12-05-2011 at 10:52 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 04:20 PM

831 posts, read 2,816,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I am a pacer. Thank God no one lives below me. Sorry.
Why? Why do people do this, why can't you just sit down?

The lady above me walks non stop like she has no furniture. Why wouldn't someone want to sit and watch tv, read, use their computer.
How can you live your life walking around all the time. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't so heavy footed and her floor didn't squeak so bad.

I'm ready to punch her in the face soon.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:18 PM

584 posts, read 1,924,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
Why? Why do people do this, why can't you just sit down?

The lady above me walks non stop like she has no furniture. Why wouldn't someone want to sit and watch tv, read, use their computer.
How can you live your life walking around all the time. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't so heavy footed and her floor didn't squeak so bad.

I'm ready to punch her in the face soon.
one has the right to walk all they want in their apartment it is called normal life noise get over it or move it is that simple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting