Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 03:38 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
You may feel that adopting the dog was a good choice, but as an adult, you have to understand that choices have consequences. You made a choice to break the rules, now you are facing those consequences. That is life.

^^This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 07:39 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
well seeing how I "aint special" explain to me how 7 other people have dogs in this complex and they single me out?? hmmm strange I thought I wasnt special. And the no dog thing wasnt in my lease they just have that rule.
Right - but maybe those other 7 people pay the rent on time and don't move people who aren't on the lease into the apt?

But back to your orginal question - no, I don't think there is much you can do to forestall an eviction.

You mentioned that you had always pay the late fee in the past - that's just throwing money away.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,235 times
No I didnt make that thread my dog attacked me and im pregnant, someone else started the thread I just replied. She is not aggressive and I dont believe in "aggressive breeds" You guys (the ones being rude) are ignorant and feel better at making people who ask for help feel worse than they already do. Grow up and do something beside internet bully. SMH

Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,472,904 times
Quote:
No I didnt make that thread my dog attacked me and im pregnant, someone else started the thread I just replied. She is not aggressive and I dont believe in "aggressive breeds" You guys (the ones being rude) are ignorant and feel better at making people who ask for help feel worse than they already do. Grow up and do something beside internet bully. SMH
You may not believe in aggressive breeds, but the insurance companies do. Most insurance companies have a policy that if a dog of certain breeds (each company has a slightly different list) is residing on the property, they can drop coverage completely. That means that if you have that dog there, and the owner/landlord doesn't make you remove it, they can lose coverage on the entire complex.

And while there always are people who just want to criticize for the sake of criticizing, I think most people who responded in this thread are trying to just be honest with you. You do need to work on understanding the concept that life is full of choices, and every one of those choices will have either positive or negative consequences, or even both at the same time. If you don't want to play by the rules, you don't have to. You can do whatever you want, if you are willing to pay the price. In this case, the price is likely to be eviction, followed by difficulty rerenting a place in the future. Saying so isn't being mean, it is being honest.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:08 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
You may not believe in aggressive breeds, but the insurance companies do. Most insurance companies have a policy that if a dog of certain breeds (each company has a slightly different list) is residing on the property, they can drop coverage completely. That means that if you have that dog there, and the owner/landlord doesn't make you remove it, they can lose coverage on the entire complex.

And while there always are people who just want to criticize for the sake of criticizing, I think most people who responded in this thread are trying to just be honest with you. You do need to work on understanding the concept that life is full of choices, and every one of those choices will have either positive or negative consequences, or even both at the same time. If you don't want to play by the rules, you don't have to. You can do whatever you want, if you are willing to pay the price. In this case, the price is likely to be eviction, followed by difficulty rerenting a place in the future. Saying so isn't being mean, it is being honest.
Exactly.

I certainly don't feel better by making others feel worse. You've made a mess of things in your current situation. Learn from it and move forward. Your refusal to accept that the eviction is a result of your poor choices indicates that you're likely to encounter future difficulties.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:15 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,668,304 times
OP, you will act like an adult when you stop saying "other people do it, too" as an excuse for doing something wrong. The fact is, you broke the rules, you should have known the consequences of that action. No one is being mean to you here -- if you are going to post on the internet, you need to learn to accept some criticism. After all, we are all adults here, right? You may not like what people have to say, but do you see a pattern here in the repsonses?

Old 06-03-2011, 03:35 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
You have to show up in court!

They have been very lenient with you and you misused there friendlyness..

You already have a eviction showing up in your name although not finished...but when we check backgrounds we also check ourself in the public records and know that a person is not the best in paying rent...

Old 06-04-2011, 03:57 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,282,232 times
Quote:
But do you really feel bad for your situation? You didn't feel bad for being late on your rent. You didn't feel bad for inviting an agressive young man into your home who disrupts the household enough that police need to be involved. You didn't feel bad for breaking the rules by bringing in the dog. You don't even feel bad for the eviction letter... until the possible hit on your credit. Where do you feel bad for your actions?

Old 06-06-2011, 08:22 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
But do you really feel bad for your situation? You didn't feel bad for being late on your rent. You didn't feel bad for inviting an agressive young man into your home who disrupts the household enough that police need to be involved. You didn't feel bad for breaking the rules by bringing in the dog. You don't even feel bad for the eviction letter... until the possible hit on your credit. Where do you feel bad for your actions?

#1 how the hell was I supposed to know this dude was aggressive? Im not a freakin future reader. #2 why would I feel bad about paying the rent late? I paid the fees like it was aggreed on that just more money for the landlord. #3 I didnt do anything wrong aside from the dog but nope I dont feel bad for saving an animals life. Thanks for your judgement though.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:35 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Thanks for your judgement though.
No judgments here... just opinions.
When you get to court... THAT will be the judgment.

But since you brought it up...
wanna bet whether that judgment will be in alignment with the opinions expressed here (or not) ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting