Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,230 times

Advertisements

My mother and I sign the lease but she is always treating that she going to move out or not pay rent, she breaks into my room when im not there and goes threw all my stuff, she currently had her boyfriend move in so now she is forcing me to leave she also forced the live in nanny to move out she heradsed the nanny too would call her names and talked about us to everyone,she has gotten physical with me and spit in my face.
she removed me off the lease without my concent and changed the locks of the house and has removed all of my belonging from my room, I dnt know what she did with my stuff, can she do all this? What are my rights? She wont allow me t o get my stuff and also wont let Nanny get her stuff, Nanny is currently without a place to stay and I am as well she has looked me out of the house for 2 weeks and wont let me in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 02:44 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepooh73 View Post
My mother and I sign the lease but she is always treating that she going to move out or not pay rent, she breaks into my room when im not there and goes threw all my stuff, she currently had her boyfriend move in so now she is forcing me to leave she also forced the live in nanny to move out she heradsed the nanny too would call her names and talked about us to everyone,she has gotten physical with me and spit in my face.
she removed me off the lease without my concent and changed the locks of the house and has removed all of my belonging from my room, I dnt know what she did with my stuff, can she do all this? What are my rights? She wont allow me t o get my stuff and also wont let Nanny get her stuff, Nanny is currently without a place to stay and I am as well she has looked me out of the house for 2 weeks and wont let me in
If you signed the lease with the landlord and you are over 18, I don't think she can take you off the lease or kick you out. She also shouldn't be able to take your belongings. You and the nanny should call the police.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,152 times
My co signer is threatening to take there name off the lease. Will i be evicted if they do so?

Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 AM

539 posts, read 566,196 times
Step 1: Start a new thread.
Step 2: Look up your local laws, I get the gray area things but come on, people, your leases YOU SIGNED should all state what happens when people want to move or kick each other out.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:33 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm707 View Post
My co signer is threatening to take there name off the lease. Will i be evicted if they do so?
It depends upon what the cosigner signed. If he signed my contract, he couldn't take his name off the contract until I got the unit back. Which would mean if he didn't want to be a cosigner anymore, I would give you notice to move out and he would be off the hook after you were out and all damages paid.

Nobody gets to just take their name off of a lease unless everyone who is a party to the lease agrees to it. However, without seeing what the cosigner signed, I have no idea and you can't get legal advice here, anyway. Maybe you could pay for half an hour with a lawyer and have him explain it to you?

What have you done that makes your cosigner want to back out? Whatever is is, stop it.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 993 times
Default Trying to help elderly neighbor get rid of Russian freeloader

My elderly neighbor let a freeloading Russian woman and her pre-teenage daughter stay at her house when they got the boot from another neighbor in the same complex. The resident manager forced the elderly tenant to add the woman to her lease (either that or put them out onto the streets), so she agreed, not really understanding what that meant. The woman then started bring over an aggressive butch looking Russian woman who was refusing to leave after spending 3 nights with them. She even pushed the old lady out of her way, although there's no witness to prove it.
Long story short, we got her a restriaining order so the Russian butch friend problem is over but now she wants the freeloading woman and her daughter to leave and, of course, they,won't. They are digging in their heels and plan to stay-since she refuses to work & even said in her broken English once to a group of us neighbors "I don't know why you guys go to work so much and pay for so many bills and rent, I would never do that." They don't pay for anything which means... the old woman with no money has to continue to pay all the rent & utilities forever?
We are hoping the judge orders her to move out in two weeks at the next hearing for the restraining order but I'm not counting on that happening.
Please tell us how to get this woman her apartment back! It's a low income apartment complex and the elderly woman cannot afford to move out herself or she would've already done so...
Thanks!

Old 08-14-2017, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 2,591 times
my mom got taken off the lease without her permission or consent while she was in navada for the weekend what can i or my mom do can we just get a lawyer and who should we sue the ll or my father

Old 08-15-2017, 06:37 AM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyman229 View Post
my mom got taken off the lease without her permission or consent while she was in navada for the weekend what can i or my mom do can we just get a lawyer and who should we sue the ll or my father
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Need more info. Who took her off the lease? LL? Another tenant?

Old 09-04-2017, 08:04 AM

my dad took her of the lease

Old 09-04-2017, 08:06 AM

and also it was not in Vegas we were in fernley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting